Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Gender inequality when it comes to reproductive rights

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    It's actually 80-85% or something.
    98% when used correctly.
    Of course, with some of the things we see written in this thread it would not surprise me if a sizable portion of the population is not using them correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Its not a point. Its a question. You are blaming the man for the irresponsibility of two people. Why?
    Because he's responsible. The woman is as well. And?
    And your not arguing thats its because of the laws of the land, youre arguing based on a moral issue. The way women are treated in the middle east is atrocious. But its the law. Does that make it right?
    I'm fully capable of pointing out both that a man that abandons a woman with his child is lacking a moral core as well as pointing out that our laws will never take your side.

Im not arguing for the plight of Rae Carruth. What I am saying is that your stance is the reason a women died at the hands of him.
    Then you're an idiot.

This is probably the most ****ed up thing I've heard about on this subject. Idk how that hasnt been changed yet.
    Preach brotha. But then men are looked down upon if they demand a paternity test. Men can't win in this situation

shhhhhhh

The way the system is set up is unfair to men. I have a friend that is still obligated to pay child support for a child he found out wasnt his. And he has no legal recourse. Women are just as responsible for getting pregnant as the men that impregnate them.
    If he can prove via paternity test that the child is not his he has no responsibility for the child

And yes women are responsible, they're the one that will be taking care of the child the next 16 plus years

Idk how you can **** up using condoms, but regardless the real failure rate is 18%. I just looked it up. A theoretical number is pretty much useless.
    It shows what happens when they're used correctly. Just because you're more likely to crash when you drive drunk doesn't mean the car is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Because he's responsible. The woman is as well. And?
    I'm fully capable of pointing out both that a man that abandons a woman with his child is lacking a moral core as well as pointing out that our laws will never take your side.

Then you're an idiot.
    No ones arguing the laws of the land. Including you. What you doing is backpedaling. Your original argument was that of a moral issue. Not what the law is. And in typical fashion, when a leftists has no viable argument left, return an insult. Nice job

Drunk driving is counted in accident statistics.
    And I highly doubt it's really 98% with condom breaks.
    You're really arguing with the World Health Organization? They conducted a study and found that the failure rate was 2% when the condom was used right. And just to defend my precious analogy, drunk driving would be flawed condom use.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    If he can prove via paternity test that the child is not his he has no responsibility for the child

And yes women are responsible, they're the one that will be taking care of the child the next 16 plus years
    Not true. Once a man signs his name on the birth certificate, he is legally binded to that obligation. A birth certificate is a legally binding contract. Even if he finds out that the child he believed go be his isn't, he is still obligated to pay for that child.

There should be something done about child support. There should be some money given to the women but not as much as they get

No ones arguing the laws of the land. Including you. What you doing is backpedaling. Your original argument was that of a moral issue.
    And now you can't read. Where did I backpedal? I am still saying it's immoral. Highly immoral. You aren't making any sense. I am saying it's both illegal and immoral. That's not a contradiction. You need to read a book.
    Not what the law is. And in typical fashion, when a leftists has no viable argument left, return an insult. Nice job
    Blaming Carruth's evil on my stance is insulting and stupid as an added benefit. Also, your politics are off. A Republican as far too the right as he or she could possibly be would disagree with you as well. The Right doesn't favor abortion. You did know that, didn't you?

shhhhhhh

Not true. Once a man signs his name on the birth certificate, he is legally binded to that obligation. A birth certificate is a legally binding contract. Even if he finds out that the child he believed go be his isn't, he is still obligated to pay for that child.
    !00% untrue.. sounds like your buddy is selling you a bill of goods.. only way he is stuck is if at birth he agreed in writing to be the legal guardian of the child despite knowing he's not the father

If he can prove the child is not his even after he's signed any paperwork he is not responsible and can avoid paying child support...
    Last edited by gts; 01-15-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Until I see how they came to that conclusion I don't really believe it, no.
    Well, I don't have any videotape to show you of failed/successful condom use from the studies so we'll just have to leave it there.

I'm pretty sure you know thats not what I meant.
    Sure. But I don't see what's to be done about it. You don't trust the World Health Organization? Fine. There's really nothing I can do about that, that's your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    And now you can't read. Where did I backpedal? I am still saying it's immoral. Highly immoral. You aren't making any sense. I am saying it's both illegal and immoral. That's not a contradiction. You need to read a book.
    Blaming Carruth's evil on my stance is insulting and stupid as an added benefit. Also, your politics are off. A Republican as far too the right as he or she could possibly be would disagree with you as well. The Right doesn't favor abortion. You did know that, didn't you?
    I've explained this now threes times. Your first few posts were centered around total culpability of the man. When I checked you, you changed from a moral compass to a legal one. I'm not arguing the law bro. Im arguing irresponsibility of TWO people. Not just the man. Foster should help support his children. Even more important is help raise them. But to totally blame him for the act of two people? The woman isn't married to him. We assume they didn't use any kind of birth control. She knows the ramifications of her actions as well.

The only person that truly suffers in this situation is the child. And that due to the selfishness of the father and mother.

NBA Legend

The problem isn't giving the woman the right to make the choice. Its the right to make the choice and then monetizing the child on top of it.

No, because men can skip town and face no consequences. If a woman leaves her child at Target and peaces out, shes arrested

Thats how it works. If there is a split in the relationship, women must raise the child and the man must pay for it.

Having a child is a much more signficiant decision for a woman than a man, both medically and emotionally. If you plant the seed, accept the consequences.
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 01-15-2014 at 10:09 PM.