Page 44 of 91 FirstFirst ... 344142434445464754 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    First time I'm getting to see either Marquette or Washington. I missed the first half but Marquette did catch my attention with their win over Wisconsin.

Grinder, have you seen St. Louis play this year? I had heard about their impressive wins over Villanova and Washington (and I think Oklahoma?) but wondering if they're legit.
    Nope, haven't seen St. Louis - I noticed they were ranked and beat Washington easily, so I'll have to catch a game of theirs.

Vander Blue DESTROYED Abdul Gaddy right there! Wow.

Tony Wroten reminds me a lot of Tyreke Evans. He doesn't have the strength of Evans, but he's more of a PG. Wilcox is a dynamic scorer and Terrence Ross is probably a lottery pick this year. I really like Washington's team and I think it's only a matter of weeks until they're ranked in the top 25.

I think Darius Johnson-Odom could be a solid backup point guard in the NBA. Todd Mayo on Marquette is OJ's brother and he looks like he's got a similar style of play to him. How do you name one son Ovinton J'Anthony and the other Todd?
    Last edited by Grinder; 12-07-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Will Barton had a great game tonight. Sole reason Memphis was in the game, and then made their 8(although it seemed closer than that) lead, explode.

28 points on 12-20 shooting. 14 boards.

I haven't seen Arizona attempt a two-point field goal in forever. Seriously, I think they've shot all three-pointers the last 5-6 minutes of the half. Florida's sloppiness on offense though has kept Zona in the game. Of course they're hitting the threes, too.

Florida 2/13 from the FT line.

Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

what a gift off the Erving brick. Zona ball, down 1, 14 secs...

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Brandon Paul gets buckets.

I've been very impressed with Harvard's patience, discipline, and willingness to make the extra pass on offense so far. I think UConn's athleticism and explosiveness will more than likely take over if/when Harvard starts struggling to get buckets. So far, though, they're working the ball and getting good clean looks at the basket.

drummond is pretty patient contesting shots, impressive. lakcs aggressiveness and im not sold on his passing skills. hes s willing passer yeah, but i think id rather him be more selfish, even i that means taking a bad shot here or there, hes just not talented enough a passer to be giving up the ball like he does.

going to the game vs. Nova tomorrow, we should win

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

VCU is looking good this year with an extremely young and inexperienced team. Dominated the Richmond Spiders by 22 today. Pretty amazing home record under Shaka Smart. Shaka is really putting VCU on the map.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

OSU is hanging in there even without Sullinger, hopefully we can get eek this one out

Congrats Kansas, you beat the #2 team in the nation without the very early NPOY on your homecourt by 11 (and it was closer than that). I'm not sure how good I would honestly feel about the win as a KU fan. Sure, the win is nice, but it means much less when that team doesn't have arguably the best player in the nation.

had to give up my ticket but good game going on, Anthony Lee lookin like Keon Clark

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Congrats Kansas, you beat the #2 team in the nation without the very early NPOY on your homecourt by 11 (and it was closer than that). I'm not sure how good I would honestly feel about the win as a KU fan. Sure, the win is nice, but it means much less when that team doesn't have arguably the best player in the nation.
    It's a nice confidence booster and come selection/seeding time it will look nice on the resume regardless of Sullinger not playing.

I have to toot the horn to my Sooner's being 8-1. We won't be competing for much this year, but we are a more disciplined team.

More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

How seriously average is Teague? Talk about a big step down from Rose, Evans, Wall, Knight.