Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Re: NBA 2K15 info and discussion

Is the free throw help still on in this game? Because you can't turn it off in 2K14.

This is an embarrassment. Servers are still garbage and not working.

I can't fathom why this hasn't been fixed. Its been the main problem for ****ing 7 years! This is hands down the worst servers I've ever seen in any game on any platform.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    This is an embarrassment. Servers are still garbage and not working.

I can't fathom why this hasn't been fixed. Its been the main problem for ****ing 7 years! This is hands down the worst servers I've ever seen in any game on any platform.
    Guess I've been lucky I've had zero server issues and played all night last night. Maybe because i playing mainly in australian time zone?

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

2K servers are always shit around release. Not sure why they still are when they must know that online play is the biggest selling point to their games now. Furthermore, they made almost every single thing in the game is connected to online. Disgusting display of ineptitude, and they barely addressed it during this fiasco.

So my stacked team in My GM lost in the 1st round. Rebuilt into Rondo/Klay/Melo/Thompson/Drummond and lost in the 1st round again. Then I rebuilt again into Parker/Klay/Leonard/Bennett/Drummond and got fired before the season started. Rude. I blame the simming, and I deserve an award for pissing off Melo enough that he would forgo his no trade clause so I could trade that piece of shit contract that killed me in the free agency every year. Oh yeah, I did win GM of the year both years... Not only did I get rid of that contract with Melo as a 33 year old, but i turned it into 26 year old, 90 rated, Leonard at 12 mil a year.

Whatever, Philly I here I come.

So if anyone's curious. It should be noted that the rosters changed quite a bit...

Durant won MVP. Cleveland won the championship in 2015 over OKC in 4. IIRC, it was Cleveland (2 seed) over Toronto (5?) in the ECF. OKC (2 or 3) over LAC (1) in the WCF. Love was the FMVP.

In the offseason, LeBron and Love both opted out. The free agency that season was by far the best in the 3 seasons I've played thus far. Forgot who else was in it... I think Rondo, Lopez, Al Jeff, Reggie Jackson, Dragic, Aldridge... No one resigned with their team.

The following year, Durant won MVP again. OKC won the championship over the 76ers (LeBron went there).

Then the season I was fired in, Durant won the MVP for the 4th consecutive time (obviously won it irl in 14), and OKC repeated over the 76ers. When you get fired, you miss the entire season. Or I did.

I auto generated rookies and I noticed there's always a few projected lottery picks in that 25-35 range. In the first two drafts, the 3rd highest on the big board was there in the second round. Thought that was weird. In this most recent draft, there's a 90 rated overall rookie. Highest I've seen in the other three was about 80.

Anyway, if I wasn't so skeptical that the simming is broken, I would love this mode. Also my assistant coach in Philly is Kobe. Once Blatt's contract runs out, I'm going to hire him as my HC. And I have LeBron on the team.
    Last edited by JimmyMcAdocious; 10-10-2014 at 05:47 PM.

Love Live Life

Man this game booty cheeks!!! The defense is horrible. I played a dude last night and all he did was chuck with DRose and he had like 40pts with like 9/12 from 3pt land. I was jumping and had my hands up. Nikka PSn was Droseisback too

You can't stay in front of people. I was sliding like I was ice skating. I switch to 3-2 zone and the cpu don't even know their position.

I was the Suns and my team couldn't hit shit. And this was coming off a game before shooting like 60+ % against Minny. This guy D was horrible too. I was just missing wide open shots with Dragon, Bledsoe, Thomas and everyone else.

3pt cheese is real

Fvcking servers are shit. I can't even play a Park game or Rec game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Man this game booty cheeks!!! The defense is horrible. I played a dude last night and all he did was chuck with DRose and he had like 40pts with like 9/12 from 3pt land. I was jumping and had my hands up. Nikka PSn was Droseisback too

You can't stay in front of people. I was sliding like I was ice skating. I switch to 3-2 zone and the cpu don't even know their position.

I was the Suns and my team couldn't hit shit. And this was coming off a game before shooting like 60+ % against Minny. This guy D was horrible too. I was just missing wide open shots with Dragon, Bledsoe, Thomas and everyone else.

3pt cheese is real

Fvcking servers are shit. I can't even play a Park game or Rec game.
    I found I sucked at defence until I adjusted a bit more, you can't play the way you do on defence in 2k14 or previous editions as it's much more about balance and predicting which side people are going to. The spacing you need to allow/not allow is different too.

I found defense to be easier once I stopped pushing the left analog all the way down in any direction. You kind of just tap it in the direction you want. The movement is sensitive and when you do that, the cpu is smart enough to blow by you. I used to look like Harden. Now I'm Kevin Martin.

Love Live Life

I do fine against the cpu on defense. My problem is when I play online quick match.

It's impossible to stay in front of the stars.

Boom, finally got a ring. Came back from 0-3 in the Finals against the Thunder. I simcasted all the games after it was 0-3 and had to jump in 2 of them to make sure. Selfishly I jumped in game 7 because I wanted to watch the celebration. I never play enough games in the association (or whatever it's called now) to get to the playoffs.

Traded for that 90 rated rookie. He's like using a fusion TMac and a young MJ. Dude's a 6-9 SG and I burnt Westbrook down the court multiple times. He's making 1st team all defense in the sim. I can't believe the game would create a player like this in the auto-generated draft class.

Which reminded me, I'm going to start a new my player. Going to recreate the Mac.

Banned

Really enjoying it so far. Spent nearly three hours yesterday trying to scan my face in, and when it finally worked, it looked kind of weird seeing a 14-year-old face on a guy with a beard and a ghetto-ass voice (had the beard because I kept getting weird black marks around the jaw).

I'm having more fun than I did with 2K14 though. No server problems either for me, and all I've played is MyCAREER right now.

Banned

I didn't get any of the Playstation Exclusive content shown here, got the pre-order bonus...

I'm talking to someone on Playstation Support, and she won't give me a code because I didn't buy it through the PS Store, told me to get in contact with my retailer. It's Playstation Exclusive content, shouldn't Playstation be able to provide me with it? Also, I got it in a ****ing toy shop in Ireland.
    Last edited by Shade8780; 10-11-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Figured out how to play defense and now I'm winning games and stopping superstars. Never ever play on ball defense online. You take a guard and play off ball but double whenever you can. You want to force the other team to pass.

This years game will punish even the best players for forcing it on double teams. I just killed this guy and shut down Rose. He quit with a minute left after I stole it and threw a easy lob to Aldridge.

I was actually happy when I tried to cheese with Lebron and kept losing the ball. It was much more fun to use him as a shot creator and then just get his points in transition or in the flow of the offense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I didn't get any of the Playstation Exclusive content shown here, got the pre-order bonus...

I'm talking to someone on Playstation Support, and she won't give me a code because I didn't buy it through the PS Store, told me to get in contact with my retailer. It's Playstation Exclusive content, shouldn't Playstation be able to provide me with it? Also, I got it in a ****ing toy shop in Ireland.
    wait I thought the playstation exclusive stuff was for psn pre orders only? Regular stores just get the KD pack don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    wait I thought the playstation exclusive stuff was for psn pre orders only? Regular stores just get the KD pack don't they?
    Think so, too. PS and Xbox were giving different exclusives if you bought through digital. Saw some stores like Walmart were giving a gift card if you preordered. None of them changed the actual game stuff (the Durant accessories and 5k?, was it?).

I went with the Xbox digital because I never return or sell back games anyway. Especially sports games, which become worthless in a year. The 15k VC was there on the install.

Also randomly got about 35k VC over the night. Not sure where that came from, but I'm not complaining.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I'm going to get it tomorrow. Not too worried about the online as I haven't played since NBA2K12 so I have to get used to everything again, anyway.