Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 12-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Should we start Lou at the 2?

He's been scoring at an extremely high rate since Elton Brand went out (20.75 ppg) and I've always thought Willie is better served off the bench. Willie is averaging just 7 ppg with Brand out.

Another interesting stat: Lou is 13th in the league in points per 48 mins. Some say that stat is flawed, but the only other guy ranked anywhere near that high who isn't an elite scorer is Jason Terry.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statis...9&seasontype=2

Where the switch could hurt us is defensively as Lou can't guard the 2's and Willie does a better job, but if Lou/Andre is our backcourt for most of the game anyway why not try it?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Should we start Lou at the 2?

i would love to see this.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Wouldnt work if we played teams like lakers,suns,boston,rockets and others that i cant think of right now.
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
Wouldnt work if we played teams like lakers,suns,boston,rockets and others that i cant think of right now.
Yeah but the point I'm tryin to get across is the formula were using right now doesn't work either, so what does it hurt to try something new? What's the worse that could happen, we lose? Were already doing that. Got nothing to lose.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:28 PM   #5
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I like the idea. As much as defensive problems Louie starting would mean, having Dre and Iggy up there things could be not too bad.

Hadn't seen the stat of Louie's per 48. As inflated as that stat may be, the other names in that list make it intriguing and it's probably worth a shot. As posterize says, worst thing that can happen is that we keep losing.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

I'd prefer to see Willie playing back-up PG minutes. He was pretty solid a few years ago running the show whenever AI missed a game due to injury.

Off the ball, he doesn't excel.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:29 PM   #7
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

No Lou is fine right where he is.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76ers4life
No Lou is fine right where he is.
It's not about putting Lou in a place that would be better for him. It's about putting Lou in a place that would be better for the team.

Dropping 20 a game off the bench in loss after loss isn't really helping the team. So why not 24 a game as a starter?

Like I said, what's the worst that could happen? We keep losing?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:06 AM   #9
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The nets and Chicago will fall off trust me.The way they play if there point guards go down they will lose.We will make the playoffs with this team but something is telling me andre miller will end up being traded this season.
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #10
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I like Lou, he needs to build some muscle though. Green was never good starting, he's better coming off the bench.
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #11
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
The nets and Chicago will fall off trust me.The way they play if there point guards go down they will lose.We will make the playoffs with this team but something is telling me andre miller will end up being traded this season.
As will Milwaukee. Miami's gonna stay up there as long as they've got Wade healthy.

New Jersey could linger around for a while. Harris is playing out of his mind. And Vince is having his best season in the last 3 years.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: