Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you build around - Blake Griffin or James Harden?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I agree bottom line is Harden= better at drawing fouls. I think that's probably the big edge he has as a first option. The main edge Griffin has is consistency. It's very very rare for Griffin to have an under 15 point game, Harden on the other hand is more prone to that streaky play (normal for bigs vs wings comparison).
    Yea..

Griffin = defense, rebounding, low post scoring,

Harden = play making, scoring

Only reason I'd rather have harden is I think he will end up being the better takeover player.. It's like a Dirk vs kg debate. Kgs got the better overall package more well rounded game while Dirk can make an offense better and is dominant at closing games. Well see how it plays out in the end though.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Yea..

Griffin = defense, rebounding, low post scoring,

Harden = play making, scoring

Only reason I'd rather have harden is I think he will end up being the better takeover player.. It's like a Dirk vs kg debate. Kgs got the better overall package more well rounded game while Dirk can make an offense better and is dominant at closing games. Well see how it plays out in the end though.
    I agree, but it's partially due to the way the game is played. I think it's much easier and more beneficial to be a clutch, takeover wing than it is to be a bigman. Besides Blake plays with CP3 . CP3 will still be the closer but Blake will be the workhorse and primary scoring option.

I agree bottom line is Harden= better at drawing fouls. I think that's probably the big edge he has as a first option. The main edge Griffin has is consistency. It's very very rare for Griffin to have an under 15 point game, Harden on the other hand is more prone to that streaky play (normal for bigs vs wings comparison).
    Griffin has six games under 15 points. Harden? 1

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Griffin has six games under 15 points. Harden? 1
    I'm not talking about this year alone and was giving an example, not a literal figure. Griffin is pretty much guaranteed for 15-20 points, Harden is more streaky where one game he will have 30 but the next will have 15. Besides as talked about previously Harden gets a HUGE boost from free throws. Dude can have 5-7 shots made and still get 25 points (which we have seen this year more than once).

Bottom line is career wise Griffin has been the more consistent scorer, Harden more explosive one. Which is common for bigs vs wings.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding
    Harden seems to have more growth in his game + bball IQ.

Blake needs to get over that hump and control the ball more instead of waiting for Paul for tug on his leash.
    okay how is he supposed to control the ball when he plays with the most ball dominant point guard in the league????????????

really guys

I'm not talking about this year alone and was giving an example, not a literal figure. Griffin is pretty much guaranteed for 15-20 points, Harden is more streaky where one game he will have 30 but the next will have 15. Besides as talked about previously Harden gets a HUGE boost from free throws. Dude can have 5-7 shots made and still get 25 points (which we have seen this year more than once).

Bottom line is career wise Griffin has been the more consistent scorer, Harden more explosive one. Which is common for bigs vs wings.

To be fair, Harden was a 6th man before. I don't believe he'd started 10 games
    prior to this season.

I think he'll always (at least on this current team) get a lot of points. If he's not playing well and getting to the line, then he'll jack them up. He's done that a few times this year.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Is there anymore you could do to contradict what you say to swing the argument for griffin? You said Blake has more 15 pt or more, he proves you wrong then you say not this year lol. Then you say Harden will have 30 pts then 15 pts why do you say 15 why not 14 or 16 your just trying to cover your ass to defend your dream man.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Is there anymore you could do to contradict what you say to swing the argument for griffin? You said Blake has more 15 pt or more, he proves you wrong then you say not this year lol. Then you say Harden will have 30 pts then 15 pts why do you say 15 why not 14 or 16 your just trying to cover your ass to defend your dream man.
    Oh right on que. I wasn't trying to give a specific number but he stupidly took it as such and looked it up, not my problem. My main point was Griffin is a more consistent player which is factual. This year Griffin struggled early with injuries but is less prone to subpar games than Harden.

That streak a week or two ago where Harden got locked up bad and played like ass for example.. Griffin has yet to have one of those streaks in his career. He almost always bounces back excellent from bad games.

Oh right on que. I wasn't trying to give a specific number but he stupidly took it as such and looked it up, not my problem. My main point was Griffin is a more consistent player which is factual. This year Griffin struggled early with injuries but is less prone to subpar games than Harden.
    When your second best player is chandler parsons and the whole defense is focused on you that might tend to happen. Griffin plays with the best pg in the league and skilled players while harden is keyed on defenses similar to Kyrie Irving buy still puts up huge numbers. We saw Griffin do it his rookie year but he had Eric Gordon on his team no one near his talent on the rockets and Baron Davis who was way past his prime but still an excellent playmaker.

That streak a week or two ago where Harden got locked up bad and played like ass for example.. Griffin has yet to have one of those streaks in his career. He almost always bounces back excellent from bad games.
    When you are playing with the best point guard in the league its kinda hard to have multiple bad games, if I played on the Clippers with Chris Paul I would get open shots all day

When you are playing with the best point guard in the league its kinda hard to have multiple bad games, if I played on the Clippers with Chris Paul I would get open shots all day
    But as you said we saw that trend in his rookie year too. His 47 point game vs the Pacers for example was his bounceback game after a terrible, nervous showing vs the Lakers the game before where he choked and was fired up. Bottom line, specifics aside is Griffin is a more consistent player than Harden, Harden has the better peak, more explosive nature. Which is very normal when comparing star bigs vs star wings. Nothing for us to argue about.

But as you said we saw that trend in his rookie year too. His 47 point game vs the Pacers for example was his bounceback game after a terrible, nervous showing vs the Lakers the game before where he choked and was fired up. Bottom line, specifics aside is Griffin is a more consistent player than Harden, Harden has the better peak, more explosive nature. Which is very normal when comparing star bigs vs star wings. Nothing for us to argue about.
    That was one game, people get hot its basketball Jennings scored 55 in his rookie year.

That was one game, people get hot its basketball Jennings scored 55 in his rookie year.
    Okay I'm just speaking from the games I've watched. Griffin is very good at bouncing back from bad games and I haven't seen him have two bad games in a row.