Default Really disappointed with David Blatt

For all the international credentials he had coming in, I'm really underwhelmed with him as an offensive play caller. This is the same lebron iso ball that has stagnated every lebron Cavs offense. As an international coach I was expecting a lot of horns sets with Irving at the top and lebron and love as the double screeners, put smith and shumpert in the corners for kick outs, and I expected just a bunch of creative sets that would involve their big 3 and take
    advantage of their size. I see nothing. This after getting sucked into playing small ball against the warriors in last years playoffs....it just looks like he's getting out X and O'd. Lebron looks like his window for getting a ring for Cleveland is closing rapidly, pretty disappointed with what Blatt has brought to the table.

Default Re: Really disappointed with David Blatt

Quote Originally Posted by MMKM
    For all the international credentials he had coming in, I'm really underwhelmed with him as an offensive play caller. This is the same lebron iso ball that has stagnated every lebron Cavs offense. As an international coach I was expecting a lot of horns sets with Irving at the top and lebron and love as the double screeners, put smith and shumpert in the corners for kick outs, and I expected just a bunch of creative sets that would involve their big 3 and take
    advantage of their size. I see nothing. This after getting sucked into playing small ball against the warriors in last years playoffs....it just looks like he's getting out X and O'd. Lebron looks like his window for getting a ring for Cleveland is closing rapidly, pretty disappointed with what Blatt has brought to the table.
    Like I said over and over here in thread after thread, and in topic after topic, Blatt was never considered some great coach in Euroleague, nor a coach that had some great success in Euroleague.

That was ALL ESPN and US sports media HYPE MACHINE BULLSHIT.

He won the Euroleague championship one time, and this is a guy that was coaching for 22 years in Europe.

And the Euroleague title he won was universally considered as the luckiest in the history of the Euroleague, dating all the way back to 1958.

I don't know why this keeps having to be repeated here over and over.......he was a mid level coach in Euroleague and NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. People that were expecting him to be some kind of great coach were completely delusional and don't have the mental capacity to grasp that US media lies almost every time they report something.

Understand this because these are facts, US sports media, ESPN, TNT, ABC, they have constantly put up on the screen in games that "David Blatt won 16 Euroleague championships"..........

It is a LIE, and more of their typical non-stop endless bullshit. He won it ONE time, after coaching there for 22 years, and that ONE championship is universally regarded as the luckiest in the 58 year history of the Euroleague.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 12-25-2015 at 09:05 PM.

At this point he might be the worst coach in basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Like I said over and over here in thread after thread, and in topic after topic, Blatt was never considered some great coach in Euroleague, nor a coach that had some great success in Euroleague.

That was ALL ESPN and US sports media HYPE MACHINE BULLSHIT.

He won the Euroleague championship one time, and this is a guy that was coaching for 22 years in Europe.

And the Euroleague title he won was universally considered as the luckiest in the history of the Euroleague, dating all the way back to 1958.

I don't know why this keeps having to be repeated here over and over.......he was a mid level coach in Euroleague and NOTHING MORE THAN THAT. People that were expecting him to be some kind of great coach were completely delusional and don't have the mental capacity to grasp that US media lies almost every time they report something.
    Ok, well...at least we both agree that he sucks.