Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-08-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
Ben Jordan
Good High School Starter

Ben Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation hereBen Jordan has a near all-star reputation here
Default Daft Punk

What's your honest opinion of them?

Personally, I've been stuck on them.
Ben Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #2
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Daft Punk

What... they got like 5 good songs? They're alright but nothing that great.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Daft Punk are masters of sampling. In one of their biggest hit "One More Time", they constantly denied they take a sample from other unknown song, 1978 "More Spell On You" by Eddie Johns. However, someone reveals their "trick" on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G14CfWyO6w4

That sample is like a second long, which is very amazing for someone to make a whole song from, and get a good result.

Anyway, their first two albums are great.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #4
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
What... they got like 5 good songs? They're alright but nothing that great.
gotta listen Homework before making those kind of statements
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

The only song I like is "One More Time". Great song. I didn't realize it came out in like 2000. I thought it was more recent.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far

I really like this group and "Around The World" "One More Time" and "Aerodynamic" are great songs.
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

daft punk is incredible

i'm currently dabbling in beat making [producing] and i find what they do with their music to be so impressive. there's just so much going on in the music and they put it all together so well that i'm blown away by what they do. artistically, there aren't many other producers who impress me the way they do, i'd love to spend a day in the studio with them. i'd suggest 'discovery' for anybody who wants a great introduction to daft punk

anybody into justice? they're another great electronic group [although i think they might be daft punk under a different name], their album 'cross' was incredible as well
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they are friggin bad ass. I played Homework to death when I was in high school.

people saying they have only a few good tunes have clearly not listed to all of their stuff. Da Funk will always be my favorite though. We had that song playing when me a 3 others were playing Blitz on the N64 and my teammate and I made a 35 point 4th quarter comeback my senior year in HS. The song was hitting its breaks every time we scored. It was greatness. Ahh, boarding school. So fun. (and yes it was co-ed)

Justice is pretty sick too BTW
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: