Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    National High School Star

Default Re: How many All Stars will warriors get?

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Dude. I don't know if you are trolling, but you just answered your own set of questions. I don't think you really watch the game. I used to think like you about Iggy before I really watched, but he does so much more than the stats will tell you.

That's another thing. Monta is putting up the same stats for them that he did with us. And he is still the same player. Did you see the game for them last night, with the bad shot selection and turnover that costs them? You just said it yourself, that he is the reason his team will never be elite.

Well, Iggy is the reason the Warriors are in that elite group. So what if Monta is the workhorse for his team? What does that mean? He's not shooting a higher percentage than Iggy, he's not averaging more assists that Iggy, he's not averaging more steals than Iggy, and lastly Iggy's defense alone makes him a better player than Monta. Have you watch them on the defensive end? You already know that Iggy is hands down better than Monta in all of the above. Okay, So what are you talking about then? Quit.
    They have completely different roles on a team. Iggy is never going to be a huge game in and game out scoring threat (ala a normal 6th man). For example, if we traded Iggy for Monta the starting lineup would be Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee and Bogut with Monta as the 6th man. Monta would definitely be the best, or top 3 sixth men in the league. He would feast on backup defenses, and he has shown the ability to score. As a 6th man, that is all he has to do. He has shown he cannot be the main option (and neither can Iggy) for a championship level team.

Curry and Lee. no other. if there is an injury, i can see maybe Klay gettin in before Iggy. sad though because i think Iggy is more important than Klay

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    They have completely different roles on a team. Iggy is never going to be a huge game in and game out scoring threat (ala a normal 6th man). For example, if we traded Iggy for Monta the starting lineup would be Curry, Klay, Barnes, Lee and Bogut with Monta as the 6th man. Monta would definitely be the best, or top 3 sixth men in the league. He would feast on backup defenses, and he has shown the ability to score. As a 6th man, that is all he has to do. He has shown he cannot be the main option (and neither can Iggy) for a championship level team.

That's complete nonsense. Thompson wouldn't be having the year he's having if not for Iggy. Iggy is a legit superstar. Warriors would be worse with Monta, why have a frivolous discussion? Btw compare Monta's defense to Iguodala and tell me who the better player is. The answer is obvious and it's not Monta.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Curry is a lock.
    That's what people said last year when he had his best year and he still didn't make it. Curry ain't a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Curry and Lee. no other. if there is an injury, i can see maybe Klay gettin in before Iggy. sad though because i think Iggy is more important than Klay

yea I know it's sad.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    That's complete nonsense. Thompson wouldn't be having the year he's having if not for Iggy. Iggy is a legit superstar. Warriors would be worse with Monta, why have a frivolous discussion? Btw compare Monta's defense to Iguodala and tell me who the better player is. The answer is obvious and it's not Monta.
    You really fail to understand the term ALL-STAR. It doesn't mean who is a better fit for the Dubs, or who is the better team player. It means who is a star. Iggy is not a star on this dubs team. He is glue, he is heart, he is hustle. He is as every bit as important as anyone not named Steph Curry right now, but you take him off the Dubs and he is not a franchise level player. There are 12 players that any GM would take to start a franchise over Iggy in the West right now. It's as simple as that.

Banned

curry. with some injuries in the west i could see klay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    You really fail to understand the term ALL-STAR. It doesn't mean who is a better fit for the Dubs, or who is the better team player. It means who is a star. Iggy is not a star on this dubs team. He is glue, he is heart, he is hustle. He is as every bit as important as anyone not named Steph Curry right now, but you take him off the Dubs and he is not a franchise level player. There are 12 players that any GM would take to start a franchise over Iggy in the West right now. It's as simple as that.

Except you're demonstrably wrong. Helping your team win means you're a star. If you score 40 points but can't win, you're not a star. I want a guy that can help me win, not a guy that gets his own. Go watch Moneyball. Different sport, same concept. There are more than one kinds of stars and why don't you take into account defense? Think outside the box. Btw Iggy is shooting over 60 percent. So either way he is a star, a star we need, that anyone would need. And monta Ellis is not one. You need the watch the game. Because right now, you don't sound too NBA bright. Really. I mean it. It's best you look into what u r saying. It's nonsense and you're part of the problem we have when it comes to NBA ignorance.

Btw, how's that 57 wins from Denver last year taste? Half those players you mentioned could never do that.
    Last edited by SacJB Shady; 11-17-2013 at 10:53 AM.

I'd much rather have Thompson than Griffin.

zero just because you made this thread