Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 12-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #1
blakdes
I airball my layups

blakdes has an OK reputation so far
Default My Knick Line up (Officialy my first Thread...I think)

Ok, ok bring out the marching band...the confetti, the whistles all that ****. Or, yall can actually not give a ****. BUT. I am going to humor myself today:

Lately I've been seeing cats come up with all types of preposterous trades, lineups, "what they would do if they were Isiah", all this GM ish. Well guess what....Its my turn.

Well here is my hypothetical Lineup:

Pg - Nate Robinson
Sg - Crawford
Sf - Richardson/Jefferies (for defense)
Pf - Lee
C - Curry

This is a lineup with some of our most successful/impressive players on the team.

Why?

Nate Robinson - I'm actually impresses with this lil muhfuka. He plays hard. thats all I ask for, is to see someone earn their paycheck when they get on the floor. Going to the basket. ATTEMPT to win a game. Not only that, at the times I've seen nate play with jamal, there seems to be some form of chemistry there. Yes, nate makes mistakes, but **** you have two underachieving Allstar-caliber point guards that aint holdin their weight

Crawford - Uh...cuz maybe he is our only consistent scoring guard...duh!

Richardson - with the exception of Lee and Curry as of late, he is our most consistent player. I can't front I hated on the knicks for aquiring this cat. Butttttt. Homeboy has shown value on this team. what ever the knicks has been lacking in, he has attempted to step up. Whether it be scoring, rebounding, or a lil defense...he has been playing hard this year. Is this his breakout season? Time will tell

Jefferies (optional) - according to the masses our best defensive player. so i would switch him out with either crawford or richardson, with jefferies playing the sf in both senarios, depending on the matchup of that night.

Lee - comon man. This dude is the new oakley/mason for the knicks. He doesnt ask for the ball. All he does is get rebounds, play defence (or attempt too) and Hustle. i like this white boy. More so than frye (who I was a big fan of last year).

Curry - well ****, its our first legitamate center since maybe, Ewing...or should I say Camby? Iono. Camby was bit of a hybrid...like frye. Curry needs to sit down with Rodman (barring the wedding dress) and figure out the logistics and intracacies in the art of rebounding. Lately, he's been trying to rebound. I guess lee has been showing him the art of "putting your hand up, jump and grab the ball". Not to be harsh, but I am assuming when Chicago was concerned about his heart problem, that scared half of the NBA...they meant it metaphorically...not literally. So, NY's physical coming up negative was useless...they should have just given him some ROTC training to tuffin him up... Regardless, Curry has been playing like a tru big man as of late :-D
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakdes
Ok, ok bring out the marching band...the confetti, the whistles all that ****. Or, yall can actually not give a ****. BUT. I am going to humor myself today:

Lately I've been seeing cats come up with all types of preposterous trades, lineups, "what they would do if they were Isiah", all this GM ish. Well guess what....Its my turn.

Well here is my hypothetical Lineup:

Pg - Nate Robinson
Sg - Crawford
Sf - Richardson/Jefferies (for defense)
Pf - Lee
C - Curry

This is a lineup with some of our most successful/impressive players on the team.

Why?

Nate Robinson - I'm actually impresses with this lil muhfuka. He plays hard. thats all I ask for, is to see someone earn their paycheck when they get on the floor. Going to the basket. ATTEMPT to win a game. Not only that, at the times I've seen nate play with jamal, there seems to be some form of chemistry there. Yes, nate makes mistakes, but **** you have two underachieving Allstar-caliber point guards that aint holdin their weight

Crawford - Uh...cuz maybe he is our only consistent scoring guard...duh!

Richardson - with the exception of Lee and Curry as of late, he is our most consistent player. I can't front I hated on the knicks for aquiring this cat. Butttttt. Homeboy has shown value on this team. what ever the knicks has been lacking in, he has attempted to step up. Whether it be scoring, rebounding, or a lil defense...he has been playing hard this year. Is this his breakout season? Time will tell

Jefferies (optional) - according to the masses our best defensive player. so i would switch him out with either crawford or richardson, with jefferies playing the sf in both senarios, depending on the matchup of that night.

Lee - comon man. This dude is the new oakley/mason for the knicks. He doesnt ask for the ball. All he does is get rebounds, play defence (or attempt too) and Hustle. i like this white boy. More so than frye (who I was a big fan of last year).

Curry - well ****, its our first legitamate center since maybe, Ewing...or should I say Camby? Iono. Camby was bit of a hybrid...like frye. Curry needs to sit down with Rodman (barring the wedding dress) and figure out the logistics and intracacies in the art of rebounding. Lately, he's been trying to rebound. I guess lee has been showing him the art of "putting your hand up, jump and grab the ball". Not to be harsh, but I am assuming when Chicago was concerned about his heart problem, that scared half of the NBA...they meant it metaphorically...not literally. So, NY's physical coming up negative was useless...they should have just given him some ROTC training to tuffin him up... Regardless, Curry has been playing like a tru big man as of late :-D
QRich belongs in the starting lineup over either Craw or Lil Nate, but other then that, I agree with you.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
blakdes
I airball my layups

blakdes has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
QRich belongs in the starting lineup over either Craw or Lil Nate, but other then that, I agree with you.

Umm he is in my starting line up...as a 3guard / small forward
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: