Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    I rule the local playground

Default Re: John Wall is the improved version of Rajon Rondo nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by LebrickJames84'
    Yes, I agree that he is an exceptional great basketball talent, with rare ability. ( Rajon Rondo is the also really rare)
    I dont except Jesus. I didn't expect Michael Jordan. I did expect from what everybody said all the hype that he would be the next

and he is no where close, probably wont even be a top 3 PG a any point in the NBA.
    Well, he's had a better freshman season than Paul, Deron or Rose had as freshman and look where they are now. And you shouldn't have expected Magic, he was never touted as that type of player

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Jordan averged 20 ppg 5.5 rebs on 53% FG his sophomore season. Bob Knight even said in the summer of 84' before Jordan NBA career started. That at the Olympics practices Jordan was better than any player he had ever seen before including Larry and Bird.

Anybody with eyes can tell you John Wall isn't even anywhere as close to be as good as advertised. In a non statistically approach. I was expected more than improved version of Rondo. ( which is no easy feat). I was expecting a Magic Johnson type of impact player at the point guard position. This guy will never be the best PG in the NBA. He may not even be top 3 pg in NBA ever with Chris Paul,Deron Wiliams being so young. Then you have really young players whoo are clearly better than him like Derrick Rose,Tyreke Evans, and Russell Westbrook.

Watching Wall live is almost as disappointing as when i first watched Ricky Rubio at the Olympics. It really is on that level.

Totally agree. Wall is waaay overrated.

Can't shoot.... can't finish.... not nearly as athletic as he is made out to be.... and he has zero game in the half court set.

Evan Turner > John Wall

And Derrick Rose is far more explosive than Wall.

Also.... it is subtle thing but there is something else I noticed in watching Wall today. For a guy who does not weigh a lot, his body fat looks to be up. He is slim be not real lean. He looked much leaner at the beginning of the college basketball season. He does not appear to be committed to his conditioning like he should be.

Lol nobody compared him to Magic...

In my eyes, he will be a Jason Kidd type player.

I gotta say, right now the guy can't really shoot. His jumpshot is really lacking. Majority of his points come from driving and using his speed. But let me tell you something, that lane won't be as open in the NBA as it is college ball. I prefer Wesley Johnson, and think he will be a more complete player than Wall. Johnson is already committed on the defensive end, great shot blocker, and averages about 2 steals a game. Shoots the three well, has a nice jump-shot. Very athletic. Rebounds well. I think right now I prefer Johnson over Wall. Will Wall be a better player in 2 or 3 years to come? Maybe, but I wouldn't take that risk right now. In this draft, give me Wesley Johnson over John Wall any day.

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    I gotta say, right now the guy can't really shoot. His jumpshot is really lacking. Majority of his points come from driving and using his speed. But let me tell you something, that lane won't be as open in the NBA as it is college ball. I prefer Wesley Johnson, and think he will be a more complete player than Wall. Johnson is already committed on the defensive end, great shot blocker, and averages about 2 steals a game. Shoots the three well, has a nice jump-shot. Very athletic. Rebounds well. I think right now I prefer Johnson over Wall. Will Wall be a better player in 2 or 3 years to come? Maybe, but I wouldn't take that risk right now. In this draft, give me Wesley Johnson over John Wall any day.
    How so? There is a no defensive 3 second rule in college and the defenders are allowed to play much more aggressively on defense...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FURB
    And you shouldn't have expected Magic, he was never touted as that type of player
    I wasn't around when Magic was coming out of high school and during his college days. But from the different books, and other readings, I was left with the impression that Magic was very highly touted coming out of high school. At least about as hyped as one could be in that time, pre-internet, pre-ESPN, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    Have you not watched NBA ball the last decade? It has become tailor made for a player like Wall to have success

The only reason he gets so much attention is because his team is so stacked they keep winning games and youtube highlights. Not even the best player on his team that's how good they are. 28-2. Wall goes to a school like UCONN or something with a pretty good record he isn't getting ESPN hype.

Anybody that watches him it because painfully clear that he really is just an improved version of Rajon Rondo as the great PleezeBelieve points out. We just don't want to believe that we want him to be the next Magic Johnson. The guy has yet to put up any great statistically games in college.

Right now and all he will be is an improved version of Rajon Rondo. He shoots competently to the point where you don't sag 7 ft off him in the halfcourt, just as fast, taller, stronger, just as athletic etc. Rondo is averaging 14 points and 10 assists right now. I see Wall averaging 17 or 18 points and 7-9 assists throughout most of his career. Not the next Magic Johnson
    first of all, rondo is a top 5 pg in the NBA right now, so being an improved version of Rondo is not a bad thing.

secondly, you are a terrible poster. welcome to ignore
    Last edited by Nanners; 03-14-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I wasn't around when Magic was coming out of high school and during his college days. But from the different books, and other readings, I was left with the impression that Magic was very highly touted coming out of high school. At least about as hyped as one could be in that time, pre-internet, pre-ESPN, etc.
    Alot of players are highly touted coming out oh HS, few of them end up being as good as Magic, but alot of them have ended up being pretty damn good.
    Sure you sometimes get the occasional Felipe Lopez, but it's way too soon to boldly say what direction his career is headed. But so far he's definitely on the path to greatness

rondo is practically averaging 10/10/6/2 this year... Even if he was on par with rondo with I'd take him 1st in a heartbeat. Plus they are both kentucky alumni

Being a improved version of Rondo is nothing bad at all considering Rondo is already one of the premier point guards in the league.

Default Re: John Wall 9 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast against Tennessee in the first half

What the **** are people watching that Wall is a SG? He is a PG. He keeps the ball moving, the only time he dominates it is in crunch time. Do you people watch more than 5 minutes of the game?

And Cousins is Hakeem like is so stupid to defy comprehension, but then again, this is PB, someone who is wrong on his predictions 90% of the time despite his team winning 80% of its games. (It's almost incomprehensible that a Cav fan, as great as they are, could always be wrong. )

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FURB
    Have you not watched NBA ball the last decade? It has become tailor made for a player like Wall to have success

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    How so? There is a no defensive 3 second rule in college and the defenders are allowed to play much more aggressively on defense...

Right, No 3-second rule, good point. Now let's compare defenders in College, to those in the NBA. The fact is, Wall can be useful in transition, where his speed is huge, but in those half-court sets, when his defenders back off due to his limited shooting ability, and congest the lane, he can get in trouble. There are some really athletic centers and pf's in there. The skill of the guard defenders in the NBA is also much better than the skill of the guard defenders in College Let's also not forget that you have 35 seconds on a College shot-clock, by the time you bring it up, about 29 seconds, as opposed to about 18 seconds in the half court in the NBA. A lot of time what ends up happening is Wall tries driving, gets denied, brings it back up, and tries to do it again. You see his defenders go under the screen in a pick and roll situation a lot of the time closing the path to the basket and daring him to shoot. You're not gonna have room to bring it out and try it again in the NBA. With some teams now starting to use zone defense more often, that's going to hurt him. I just can't see him being effective for another 3 years, and I can't see him taking ROY, and I can't see him being better than some other players. There are too many talented guys like Evan Turner, like Wesley Johnson, like Xavier Henry that I think are better players than Wall right now, and will be better than him in the future. For Evan Turner and Wesley Johnson, I hear you saying "Yeah, but they are also 2 years older" and I agree, they are 2 years older. I still think that Evan Turner and Wesley Johnson could end up being better than John Wall even though Wall is 2 years younger. I'm just not sold on this young man yet. It's hard to teach a jump-shot, whereas players like Wesley Johnson and Evan Turner already have a nice one going for them. Xavier Henry is actually younger than Wall though, but hes already got a nice stroke going for him. Right now Wall is heavily dependent on his superior athleticism at the college level to get him places. Once he gets to the NBA, and realizes that his athleticism is not something incredibly special, it's going to take a lot of work to get him to be an efficient point guard.
    Last edited by fubu05; 03-14-2010 at 06:55 PM.

[QUOTE=LebrickJames84']Anybody with eyes can tell you John Wall isn't even anywhere as close to be as good as advertised. In a non statistically approach. I was expected more than improved version of Rondo. QUOTE]
    In a total non-statistcalyl approach, i have determined you are a complete moron.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: John Wall Nasty Upside

By improved version of Rondo do you mean improved version of Rondo right now or Rondo when he first came into the league? Cause there is a huge difference.