Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Highest Finals series PPG in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    2 NCAA chips 1 Gold and 11 rings all in just a 14 year span. Now there's a champion resume worth gawking at

Local High School Star

where is leflop

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Not a Jordan hater, he's one of my favorite players ever and one of the best ever. Just don't make him out to be completely flawless and the GOAT in every regard. Appreciate the man for the legend he was brah, not the legend he wasn't and will never be.

I'm not making him into a legend he's not. Undefeated in the Finals, when he has the tools he never lost. Lol @ you clowns comparing him to Sam Jones. Like MJ played on championship capable teams from the get go. He was the only one who didn't crumble everyone failed him and weren't ready until 91 to win. Lol @ you acting like it was MJ's fault before 91.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

I'm not making him into a legend he's not. Undefeated in the Finals, when he has the tools he never lost. Lol @ you clowns comparing him to Sam Jones. Like MJ played on championship capable teams from the get go. He was the only one who didn't crumble everyone failed him and weren't ready until 91 to win. Lol @ you acting like it was MJ's fault before 91.
    Bill Russell did more than Michael Jordan did, with less. You see, he won championships immediately, with a roster that struggled before he got there. I'm talking both NCAA, and NBA. Michael Jordan, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson etc etc etc all require a hell of a lot more excuses like your giving for MJ than Bill Russell. Bill Russell doesn't need anyone making up excuses. He is hands down the greatest champion in the history of team sports.

I didn't compare him to Sam Jones, just compared their championship resumes.

With regards to the bolded, keep telling yourself that, maybe you'll believe it some day.

I didn't compare him to Sam Jones, just compared their championship resumes.

With regards to the bolded, keep telling yourself that, maybe you'll believe it some day.
    Oh really, MJ underperformed? Guy gave the Pistons their only challenge in 89, with under performing weak supporting cast backing him up. Pippen scored 13 ppg in the playoffs while MJ put up 35 ppg.

Keep being a bitter Laker fan, knowing the games best player never played in purple and gold.

You literally made it sound as if it's stupid when people mention Jordan's perfect record in the Finals.

Then went on to act like it was HIS failures as why they didn't win a championship or get to the finals when he didn't have the tools to legitimately do so. It's dumb argument. You and your Wilt loving butt buddy.

And that not getting to a finals should be taken into account for a players record in the finals when they got there. Idiotic.
    Last edited by SamuraiSWISH; 11-15-2013 at 10:38 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Cry and throw a tantrum all you want, but the bullsh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t you just typed is completely untrue and illogical. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    How is he wrong? I'm not saying the "6-0" argument should trump all either, but I don't see how he's wrong. I don't think there's been a series where there was a good argument that Jordan should've won and he ended up losing. Other then Russell, you can't say that about anyone else.

Oh really, MJ underperformed? Guy gave the Pistons their only challenge in 89, with under performing weak supporting cast backing him up. Pippen scored 13 ppg in the playoffs while MJ put up 35 ppg.

Keep being a bitter Laker fan, knowing the games best player never played in purple and gold.

You literally made it sound as if it's stupid when people mention Jordan's perfect record in the Finals.

Then went on to act like it was HIS failures as why they didn't win a championship.

And that not getting to a finals should be taken into account for a players record in the finals when they got there. Idiotic.
    1) Link to me saying that?

2) No, he didn't wear purple and gold. 6 of the top 12 or so did, so that's good enough for me. FWIW the best player didn't wear red either, he wore green.

3) It isn't stupid, but it's not terribly relevant. A loss is a loss, and it's not up to you to determine which losses are better. You don't always face the best team in the Finals (MJ played the GOAT team in the first round in 86), so it's foolish to keep pushing your agenda.

4) Never said it shouldn't, but regardless of how you feel, it's not up to you to determine whether or not MJ or anybody else had a suitable supporting cast to contend. Circumstances are HUGE, and excuses/delusions are for losers.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    How is he wrong? I'm not saying the "6-0" argument should trump all either, but I don't see how he's wrong. I don't think there's been a series where there was a good argument that Jordan should've won and he ended up losing. Other then Russell, you can't say that about anyone else.
    That's why it's a catch-22. Either you receive complete credit for wins AND blame for losses, or it's a team win/loss. You can't pick and choose when it's convenient like Swish is doing here.

FWIW I've been taking the "anti" Jordan side in a few threads recently, this is probably the fourth or fifth in the last couple of days. I really hate doing this, since he's one of my favorite players and one of the best ever. But this type of cheap trolling/propagandizing is lame as hell (not speaking about you, but Swish, etc. trying to push his agenda on everyone else).

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

That's why it's a catch-22. Either you receive complete credit for wins AND blame for losses, or it's a team win/loss. You can't pick and choose when it's convenient like Swish is doing here.

FWIW I've been taking the "anti" Jordan side in a few threads recently, this is probably the fourth or fifth in the last couple of days. I really hate doing this, since he's one of my favorite players and one of the best ever. But this type of cheap trolling/propagandizing is lame as hell (not speaking about you, but Swish, etc. trying to push his agenda on everyone else).
    But MJ didn’t underperform.

He came to play and gave it his all, and regularly kicked ass. His teammates simply were’t up to par physically and specially mentally.

is it his fault they lost when he’d score 40 points on 50% fg, steals, blocks etc.etc.? yet his teammates shot under 50%, had turnovers were mental midgets that collapsed under pressure?

Even his opponents praised him and literally stated that he needed help. it was a common understanding that the Bulls as a ‘team’ weren’t ready yet. MJ was, his team wasn’t.

There is NO catch 22… it be what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923

He came to play and gave it his all, and regularly kicked ass. His teammates simply were’t up to par physically and specially mentally.

is it his fault they lost when he’d score 40 points on 50% fg, steals, blocks etc.etc.? yet his teammates shot under 50%, had turnovers were mental midgets that collapsed under pressure?

Even his opponents praised him and literally stated that he needed help. it was a common understanding that the Bulls as a ‘team’ weren’t ready yet. MJ was, his team wasn’t.

Right, in your opinion. Hold him to the same standards to which you hold other greats (not saying they have to measure up, just be consistent) and you'll be just fine.

And none of this has anything to do with pushing the flawed agenda that '6-0 in the Finals!!!' (and failing to even make the Finals every single other season of his career) should be treated as somehow better or more impressive than say, a player who is 6-1 or 7-1, or 8-1 or.... (wait for it) ...11-12

It is idiotic to believe that losing in the Finals = worse than not making it to the Finals at all. That is the BS Swish is pushing.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-15-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Kid, explain to me what agenda I'm pushing? Your dumb ass came in with the admitted anti Jordan agenda. Then two actual knowledgable posters echoed my response to your dumb statement, with your idiotic GOAT hating agenda.
    Don't play stupid, and pretend you don't have an agenda. You mean two posters echoing your agenda (convenient, huh?)? I'm done with you here, you're boring and predictable.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Right, in your opinion. Hold him to the same standards to which you hold other greats (not saying they have to measure up, just be consistent) and you'll be just fine.
    What are you even talking about?

I

What are you even talking about?

I’m only addressing what I replied too.

Who are we comparing MJ to now?
    I responded to Swish, so take it up with him. I guess in theory we're comparing MJ to whomever he and CavsFTW were discussing, but that's irrelevant as long as he's consistent.

I don't have an issue with you, but that guy trolls hard on here. He says some pretty outlandish shit.