National High School Star

Default Star Wars upcoming books

There is a lot of books (canon) that have come out/are coming out to flesh out the timeline between Episode 1 and Episode VII. Anyone else going to try and get through all of it before December? Just finished Lords of the Sith - excellent.

After The Phantom Menace (Episode I)
    -Star Wars: Dark Disciple (July 2015), by Christie Golden (Prior to 19 BBY) (A)

After Revenge of the Sith (Episode III)
    -Star Wars: Lords of the Sith (April 2015), by Paul S. Kemp (14 BBY) (A)
    -Star Wars: Tarkin (November 2014), by James Luceno (14 BBY) (A)
    -Star Wars: A New Dawn (September 2014), by John Jackson Miller (11 BBY) (A)

This era contains stories taking place within five years after the events of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
    -Star Wars: Heir to the Jedi (March 2015), by Kevin Hearne (0 ABY) (A)
    -Star Wars: Battlefront: Twilight Company (November 2015), by Alexander Freed (1 ABY) (A)

After The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V)
    -The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (September 2015), by Adam Gidwitz (3 ABY) (Y)

After Return of the Jedi (Episode VI)
    -Star Wars: Aftermath (September 2015), by Chuck Wendig (4 ABY) (A)

Era of The First Order & The Resistance
    This era contains stories taking place between five and twenty-five years after the events of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

-Star Wars: The Force Awakens (December 2015), by Alan Dean Foster (Approx. 34 ABY) (A)

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Star Wars upcoming books

matt stover is the only star wars author worth his salt

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    matt stover is the only star wars author worth his salt
    I figure all these main authors have to somewhat work together since it is all canon to come up with their storylines/plot etc. I'm not sure if Stover worked on this one in a production capacity but it was a pretty excellent listen. Anything that talks more about Palpatine is legit to me. The Palpatine + Plageuis book was hella solid.

rank sentamentalist

oh shit didn't see alan dean foster. he wrote splinter of the mind's eye which is a damn good book that takes place i think between a new hope and empire. it's cool they got him on board to write the big opening to the new series, i might actually read that....

i just remember liking stover's style way back when. his mace windu book is great and the novelization of revenge is good too. then a few others.

yea palpatine is sick. they definitely group discuss this stuff. if they're shooting the gaps in the last trilogy and setting up the next three episodes, there will be some cool background info.