Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What's the ceiling of Harrison Barnes?

He's gonna be a top 3 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. Barnes is only turning 18 yrs.old at the end of the month.

He's a legit 6'7" with a 7'0 1/2" wingspan.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 05-17-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Whta's the ceiling of Harrison Barnes?

Rudy Gay
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

BIG FURB has an OK reputation so far

I'll wait til I see what he does in Tarheel blue before I make any pro predictions. He does have great tools though, plus he's an intelligent guy and a very hard worker, so that's a plus
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Like him a lot, shows a lot of maturity in his game. At this moment he reminds me a lot of Evan Turner.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #5
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Like him a lot, shows a lot of maturity in his game. At this moment he reminds me a lot of Evan Turner.

More athletic than Turner
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
More athletic than Turner

Arguable, I don't think Turner gets as much credit as he should for his athleticism. Besides it's a moot point; the two of them don't rely on their athleticism as much as their mental aspect of the game. I could also point out that this juncture, Turner has shown me a lot more as a passer as well.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
OnceInADECADE
Banned

OnceInADECADE is a pretty well-respected posterOnceInADECADE is a pretty well-respected posterOnceInADECADE is a pretty well-respected posterOnceInADECADE is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: What's the ceiling of Harrison Barnes?

25ppg 7rpg 3apg 48fg

kid is........ he is like a grant hill meets ray allen
OnceInADECADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
ashbelly
NBA sixth man of the year

ashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this boardashbelly has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Arguable, I don't think Turner gets as much credit as he should for his athleticism. Besides it's a moot point; the two of them don't rely on their athleticism as much as their mental aspect of the game. I could also point out that this juncture, Turner has shown me a lot more as a passer as well.

Turner will be injury prone, back to back games is going to expose his back injury. Barnes is good, he played well at the jordan classic and nike's game too. Waiting to see how he does in NC.
ashbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #9
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

CLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected posterCLTHornets4eva is a pretty well-respected poster

Grant Hill pre knee injury is very similar to the kid. High basketball IQ long athletic decent jumper good ups. He will be a great player I hate to make a reach here but he could be similar to Kobe. I'm not saying he's the next Kobe but the kid is a closer and he will be a consistant allstar.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
Grant Hill pre knee injury is very similar to the kid. High basketball IQ long athletic decent jumper good ups. He will be a great player I hate to make a reach here but he could be similar to Kobe. I'm not saying he's the next Kobe but the kid is a closer and he will be a consistant allstar.
I can see the Bryant comparison, but not really the Grant Hill one. Like Bryant, he's an outside/in kind of player (meaning his main focus is his jump shot and then works in from there, the opposite of say a Dwyane Wade or Grant Hill type player, who works there way inside before focusing on their perimeter shot, if ever). He's not quite as athletic or quick as Bryant (although I'm fairly certain he has at least two inches on him, so you know, a forward instead than a guard), so his ceiling is obviously lower, but he's not the kind of player that seems to rely on athleticism. He's a smart and extremely skilled player (especially for his age), with an excellent jump shot, as well as appearing to be team oriented. I think he's really going to stand out at UNC next season and a reasonable assumption would probably be an All-Star, borderline All NBA caliber player.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #11
dyna
National High School Star

dyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this boarddyna is popular on this board

Jeff Green
dyna is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: