Thread: Carmelo Anthony

Default Carmelo Anthony

Rumors that we are on his short list of teams he would consider joining if he decides to leave the Knicks.

How do you guys feel about this?

I know he's not your typical Thibs/Bulls type of a player, but I think he's exactly what we need.

He often gets criticized for not being an all around player since he's supposed to be a super-star and he hasn't been able to win on a consistent basis on Denver or on New York.

I understand some of the hate. Melo could certainly do a better job of giving more of constant effort on the defensive end and he could also do a lot better job at passing the ball and getting others around him more involved.

With that being said he also has never had a high quality team around him.
    He is without a doubt one of the best scorers in the game, one of the best one on one players in the league and offensively when it comes to scoring he has no weaknesses. He can handle the basketball, take it to the hole, shoot outside, post up, good mid range. Nothing he can't do offensively.

Being on the Bulls with the group of guys we have here and our coaching staff would do wonders for Melo. He's also shown strong signs of maturation and leadership in his time with the Knicks. He knows he's getting older and towards the end of his career and winning is more important to him now than it has ever been.

I would welcome him and I think he could make the difference. If Rose remains healthy.

Rose - Hinrich
    Butler - Snell
    Anthony - Dunleavy
    Taj - Mirotic
    Noah- Draft Pick

Is certainly a championship contender if all remain healthy.

I don't think the defense suffers much. Melo plays good defense in spurts, but playing for Thibs i'm sure he would show more consistency defensively and we would also be replacing Boozer with Taj at the 4 so defense would improve at that position.

Melo would give us that other scorer and that other player who could create for himself as well as draw attention to give rest of the team opportunities. Melo would take a big scoring load off of Rose and make things easier on DRose. Could be a very good match throwing in Butler, Noah and Taj to the mix.

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Rumors that we are on his short list of teams he would consider joining if he decides to leave the Knicks.

How do you guys feel about this?

I know he's not your typical Thibs/Bulls type of a player, but I think he's exactly what we need.

He often gets criticized for not being an all around player since he's supposed to be a super-star and he hasn't been able to win on a consistent basis on Denver or on New York.

I understand some of the hate. Melo could certainly do a better job of giving more of constant effort on the defensive end and he could also do a lot better job at passing the ball and getting others around him more involved.
    With that being said he also has never had a high quality team around him.
    He is without a doubt one of the best scorers in the game, one of the best one on one players in the league and offensively when it comes to scoring he has no weaknesses. He can handle the basketball, take it to the hole, shoot outside, post up, good mid range. Nothing he can't do offensively.

Being on the Bulls with the group of guys we have here and our coaching staff would do wonders for Melo. He's also shown strong signs of maturation and leadership in his time with the Knicks. He knows he's getting older and towards the end of his career and winning is more important to him now than it has ever been.

I would welcome him and I think he could make the difference. If Rose remains healthy.

Rose - Hinrich
    Butler - Snell
    Anthony - Dunleavy
    Taj - Mirotic
    Noah- Draft Pick

Is certainly a championship contender if all remain healthy.

I don't think the defense suffers much. Melo plays good defense in spurts, but playing for Thibs i'm sure he would show more consistency defensively and we would also be replacing Boozer with Taj at the 4 so defense would improve at that position.

Melo would give us that other scorer and that other player who could create for himself as well as draw attention to give rest of the team opportunities. Melo would take a big scoring load off of Rose and make things easier on DRose. Could be a very good match throwing in Butler, Noah and Taj to the mix.
    Ill pass, and instead try to get Kevin Love or some other hard working role players. It is my opinion that guys like Jodie Meeks would be a good asset next to Rose. Or a Jordan Hill or a Matt Barnes.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Re: Carmelo Anthony

Re-sign Deng, amnesty Boozer, trade Taj Gibson and go after Kevin Love.

Starting lineup:

C: Noah
    PF: Kevin Love
    SF: Luol Deng
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rose

Keep Hinrich and build a better bench.