Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What are your thoughts on hazing?

Do you think it has a place in sports or pledge groups like sororities and fraternities.Or should be stopped and made illegal.

Default Re: What are your thoughts on hazing?

Purple or White?

Depends on what you do. I went through hazing for my college team and it brought the team closer but we weren't forced to do anything illegal / extremely detrimental to our health/well-being
    Last edited by TheSilentKiller; 10-28-2015 at 10:07 PM.

When schools try to take a hard line against it then it ends up taking away all camaraderie from college sports teams and other groups. And it looks at any party associated with a group as hazing. I think you should be allowed to have groups with traditions and parties for new members and that stuff. However when it comes to actual hazing I am 100% against and can't even comprehend how someone would allow themselves to have this stuff done to them just to be allowed into some meaningless group, makes no sense to me. And for the people who get enjoyment from hazing other people, what the heck is wrong with you, seriously.

Banned

depends on what it is. if it's just making a rookie carry the bags/buy the drinks/prepare food in the locker room it's fine but if it's like the anthony davis video from UK then it's gone too far.

NBA Superstar

Speaking only for myself, I want nothing to do with hazing. There were some light attempts at hazing as I came through my basketball program in high school but I was having none of it. I did not subscribe to the notion of building brotherhood by such means. If members of the program wanted to build solidarity and brotherhood, there were an infinite number of ways of doing so beyond whatever hazing proclaims itself to be.

I think there's many cases where some people on both sides of hazing may enjoy the hazing process and if that's the case, then whatever. But hazing against people's will is a no-go in my book. I also do not subscribe to the notion that by choosing to play basketball, I may have theoretically agreed to hazing if it were previously established within that group. I believe people should be able to participate in activities without having to partake in hazing endeavors, when it comes to sports anyway.

It will never be stopped. As a hazed frosh I wanted to haze the hell out of the frosh when I got older

Decent playground baller LikeMike's Avatar

There should be hazing on ISH.

don't be a bitch and don't be a snitch

Hazing is pretty lame. Wouldn't ever let myself be hazed for some group or team, no one is worth ritualistic humiliation. I'll lead my own groups, teams or movements before bending over backwards for someone else's.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Hazing is pretty lame. Wouldn't ever let myself be hazed for some group or team, no one is worth ritualistic humiliation. I'll lead my own groups, teams or movements before bending over backwards for someone else's.
    only man cavsftw is bending over backwards for is six feet under, if you want to join his wilt fan club please PM him or Laz.

rank sentamentalist

my jr high volleyball team attacked rookies with bingo dabbers

still can't shake that experience

I was hazed in the Marine Corps. It's part of it. And, there's no getting out of it. You live together, so if you don't want to play along, it only gets worse. The only ones who got it really bad were the ones who thought they were too cool to be hazed.

For regular sports teams though, some good nature fun is fine, but nothing extreme. There's a big difference between sports teams and the Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady
    Purple or White?
    Super Silver or Super Lemon

Funniest Haze I've Ever Seen:

Buddy went to a med school in Boston...lots of Asian kids. When a bunch pledged his fraternity, they had them huddle together in their underwear at the intersection of Longwood and Huntington Ave on a Saturday afternoon. One of them then screamed out "ROOOOOK! IT GODZIRRA!!!" and they all began running in circles and screaming at the top of their lungs.

Brilliant stuff.