Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron's "Charging" call was bogus.

Miami would have lost even if that call had gone their way. They just got out played last night. That game was called pretty even.

It's a foul at every level of the game. Every player has the right to vertical air space. James has the ball cocked to the left side of his head and, to me and the officials apparently, he led with his right elbow/forearm to either create space or contact. In either instance, it's a foul.

But it's immaterial, as it was not the deciding play in the game. That came immediately thereafter when the acknowledged best player in the game and supposed team leader ran the length of the court, attempting to show up the refs with a childish display. His petulant, immature reaction took his team and his own head right out of a game that they were in position to challenge. Instead, they fell apart. Real sign of a champion.

Look, the Heat will likely win the series. Home court, best player, big game experience, the list goes on. That they're even being challenged by a team with the worst group of guards I can ever recall seeing in a conference final is not due to officiating or some conspiracy. It's due to a bad matchup and what I have always considered to be the weakness in Lebron: when the chips are down and the deck isn't stacked in his favor, he doesn't always respond like a leader or champion. I suppose when you've been anointed "the King" and "Chosen One" since you were a kid, it's hard to accept when everyone doesn't bow down and hand you what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Lebrontards going frame by frame trying to find a still image that they can sell has not being an offensive call

This shit it's too funny.
    Two can play that game.

LEbron "Hey Hibbert say welcome to my knees and Elbows!"

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    I dunno man, from where I'm sitting that screen says alot. It clearly shkws Hibbert in a non-straight up position. His arms are in Lebron's space........
    What are you saying? Hibbert body arched after being rammed by Lebron! That's interesting, i heard Hibbert could take a punch in the stomach from Mike Tyson and remain straight! Clearly a defensive foul!
    Last edited by Blue&Orange; 06-02-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Local High School Star

Say hello to me not being straight up.

that call killed Miami's run and ignited a Pacers run. the knee leading would be a foul. but Hibbert was inside restricted area so idk. a foul call would've been ok. but 2 fkng technicals? i don't even know how that other technical was accrued.

That was almost as bad as Wade's "travel" call. Don't worry Stern, you got your Game 7.

That's one of the worst calls I've seen in some time. A lot of people are showing their bias in this thread.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Leading with your knee is a foul, just like Battier earlier in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    that call killed Miami's run and ignited a Pacers run. the knee leading would be a foul. but Hibbert was inside restricted area so idk. a foul call would've been ok. but 2 fkng technicals? i don't even know how that other technical was accrued.
    Him being in the restricted area is irrelevant, he was a secondary defender.

They got the techs for acting like children after the call. I don't know what the bench was saying to get the tech, but it was pretty obvious why Lebron got his.

High School Starter

That was a foul on Hibbert.

some people are morons...if you jump off one leg u are GOING to lead with some sort of knee. It is inevitable. What u are saying is...u are not allowed to jump off one leg in basketball?

Whine some more Heat homers.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    That was a foul on Hibbert.

some people are morons...if you jump off one leg u are GOING to lead with some sort of knee. It is inevitable. What u are saying is...u are not allowed to jump off one leg in basketball?
    That's exactly what people are saying. Smh

It was a bogus call...That should of been a no call, give Bron his bucket and lets keep playin.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Ohhh, so you guys now want to claim conspiracies, but everyone else is crazy for saying there is one? :

Well you're half right, there is a conspiracy happening but it's going in Heat's favour so don't worry...

1. League wanted 6 or more games.

2. Heat will go through, Dan Crawford will ref game 7 just to make sure.
    In your world, the refs have NEVER made a bad call against the Heat and NEVER made a legit call in favor of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    That's one of the worst calls I've seen in some time. A lot of people are showing their bias in this thread.
    It's the usual suspects who always claim the refs have never got a call wrong against the Heat.