Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Rudy Gay is that second shot-creator that Chicago Needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brook(lyn)Lopez
    He's not just the second shot-creator that Chicago needs, he's the second shot-creator that Chicago deserves.
    I lol'd

But I actually think this idea has merit.

I think Rudy could provide a scoring punch the Bulls definitely need. While hes not as good defensively as Deng, I do think Gay has the capability to perform closer to Deng's level on defense than Deng could play like Gay on offense. Gay has defensive ability he just doesnt use it that much. On a team like Chicago, playing meaningful games in the postseason, I think he could step up his D.

I would actually like to see this, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Michael Jordan 12/39

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...711030CHI.html

Gay and Jordan are basically the same player.
    Jordan hasn't played for the Bulls in about 15 years. What the hell is your point? You wanna trade a current player for one thats been gone for over a decade?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    I lol'd

I think Rudy could provide a scoring punch the Bulls definitely need. While hes not as good defensively as Deng, I do think Gay has the capability to perform closer to Deng's level on defense than Deng could play like Gay on offense. Gay has defensive ability he just doesnt use it that much. On a team like Chicago, playing meaningful games in the postseason, I think he could step up his D.

seriously? gay and rose don't fit at all. deng is willing to be a 2nd option player. Gay is a cancer and chucker. not a good fit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    I lol'd

Exactly man its a good trade. Rudy Gay has shitted on Lebron multiple occasions.
    Deng is a no-show everytime he plays Lebron and the Heat.

Plus, he will take away a lot of the blame from Rose when they don't win. Get it done Bulls

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

He better bring his own basketball then, because one ball sure isn't enough to play with

NBA lottery pick

Rudy Gay would thrive on the Bulls. He probably has the skill and length/speed/agility to be a much better defender than Deng if he really put his mind to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Rudy Gay would thrive on the Bulls. He probably has the skill and length/speed/agility to be a much better defender than Deng if he really put his mind to it.
    i think thibs can get some solid defensive play out of him given the physical tools Gay possesses.

This ***** just missed 26 shots in one game. Twenty-six shots.

I heard he was the 1st player in 30 years to score less than 30 points on 30+ shots.

Shooting 37% on the season.

No team "needs him".

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    This ***** created 37 shots. Thirty-seven shots.

I heard he was the 1st player in 30 years to create 37 shots.

Created 160 shots on the season.

A team that needs a creator needs him.
    Fixed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    seriously? gay and rose don't fit at all. deng is willing to be a 2nd option player. Gay is a cancer and chucker. not a good fit at all.

Dont get me wrong, Gay is the type of player I think is traditionally over valued.

But in this instance I think its a worthwhile risk, considering the Bulls' fate as currently constructed is already a fait accompli. They will lose to the Heat or the Pacers and everyone knows it.

Gay is playing as the "main option" on a shitty Raptors team. Of course hes chucking with inefficiency. And no hes not a legite superstar, but if you brought him into the Bulls and he agreed to play within the system, he does provide significantly more potential firepower than Deng. And at this point, what do you really have to lose? If he ends up crapping the bed just give his minutes to Butler.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Thornton/Salmons + filler for Gay he can come to Sac Town and be the number #2 option he can't be any more of a negitive than Salmons and Thornton on either end of the floor it's not possible.

I honestly kinda like this idea. The Bulls are already a great defensive unit. And thanx to Butler's ability, I dont think the Bulls would miss Dengs defense that much.

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

Gay and DeRozan just took 62 shoots and made only 17, why would you break up the happy couple?