Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Dwight Howard does not get touches...

I find it funny people were even complaining about him, dude had a solid game 14/26 on 86% FG, what else is he supposed to do? Sure he made one big mistake having that rebound stolen, but I'd hardly consider the so-called assist to Gaillinari as his fault at all since all he was trying to do was to stop opponents from scoring. It was just unlucky, sometimes it happened.

The problem is, you get rusty if you do not get touches. Your guards jack up shots, and you feel little involved in the game. The bad effect is that once you get the ball, you become clueless what to do with it 'cause you havent had the ball for such a long while. I dare to say that Dwight with Magic or Nets would average 25/15. The reason why he underperforms in the Lakers team is that he aint being involved in the offense as he is supposed to, which is unfortunate. Dude shoots 86% from the field, and gets only 7 shots?
    Last edited by Kiddlovesnets; 01-07-2013 at 02:00 AM.

Default Re: Dwight Howard does not get touches...

Dude had a pretty good first half. Went 6/7 iirc. Why did they stop going to him?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    I find it funny people were even complaining about him, dude had a solid game 14/16 on 86% FG, what else is he supposed to do? Sure he made one big mistake having that rebound stolen, but I'd hardly consider the so-called assist to Gaillinari as his fault at all since all he was trying to do was to stop opponents from scoring. It was just unlucky, sometimes it happened.

The problem is, you get rusty if you do not get touches. Your guards jack up shots, and you feel little involved in the game. The bad effect is that once you get the ball, you become clueless what to do with it 'cause you havent had the ball for such a long while. I dare to say that Dwight with Magic or Nets would average 25/15. The reason why he underperforms in the Lakers team is that he aint being involved in the offense as he is supposed to, which is unfortunate. Dude shoots 86% from the field, and gets only 7 shots?
    You are right.

Your typo sold him short, he had an outstanding game 26 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks, along with shooting 86%.

This is because Howard almost instantly gets stripped anytime he has the ball and can't shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    You are right.

Your typo sold him short, he had an outstanding game 26 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks, along with shooting 86%.
    Oh yeah thanks for pointing that out, 14/26 not 14/16.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    This is because Howard almost instantly gets stripped anytime he has the ball and can't shoot.
    This.

Though I have to admit that I don't know why the Lakers don't run more pick and rolls with him rather than having him post down low.

Banned

I find it funny people were even complaining about him, dude had a solid game 14/26 on 86% FG, what else is he supposed to do? Sure he made one big mistake having that rebound stolen, but I'd hardly consider the so-called assist to Gaillinari as his fault at all since all he was trying to do was to stop opponents from scoring. It was just unlucky, sometimes it happened.

i find it funny how you create a thread about a guy who has zero offensive moves not getting the ball enough

his entire game is built on the greatness of others spoon feeding him. and half the time he can't finish the and 1 he was set up for. then bricks the 2 freebee's

what he needs is to learn some real back down moves and footwork so he can go one on one without tripping over his own 2 feet

NBA lottery pick

Why didn't he then? I dare say you're a moron.

dwight howard shouldnt get any touches cuz 99% of the times he gets stripped or fouled and miss fts

National High School Star

of course this fool has a high percentage. He doesn't make the attempt to shoot because it gets stripped well before he attempts to shoot..

College superstar

Howard goes 6/7 and 26 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks and lakers fans still hating on him..........unreal.....

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    Howard goes 6/7 and 26 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks and lakers fans still hating on him..........unreal.....
    Yeah, I find it hilarious tbh. Put him in the Nets and hes a 25/15 player. Seriously, the fact that their team does not know how to use Dwight does not indicate hes a bad player. Remember how Melo stink early last year shooting 38% from the field? Now hes a MVP candidate.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    you can be efficient. but at the same time a void on the offensive end. his decision making is also pathetic.

i think people are trying to point out that he is never in a position to score unless he's spoon fed.

if bynum played tonight he would be a viable option offensively allong with the great rebounding numbers.

you can just dump it into bynum and he goes to work 1 on 1

howard cant

College superstar

Like the hate Shaq and Magic gets now from these fans. They call themselves "lakers fans"??? Shaq and Magic = 8 rings......

^It's not hate he really does keep getting stripped or turning the ball over. It happens a lot. They can't post him up. Someone else suggested PnRs with him and that makes sense, but tell that to the coach.