Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #16
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Default Re: Mathius

I never got why people liked him. He constantly bashes people, and always seem angry. I try to get along with him, but it's like he started hating me since day one.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #17
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

When I see any of his posts I imagine an angry Mike Brown posting

(Mathius)
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #18
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
When I see any of his posts I imagine an angry Mike Brown posting

(Mathius)
me too
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #19
C-Webb4
Rondoooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
i thought you were allowed to log on, but just not post
You can log in, but I can't see him being a guy who'd be checking in everyday to see when he can post again... Especially after the way he was harping at this dude in his "appreciation" thread for coming back after he was banned. He was saying something like "if I got BANNED I would know i'm not wanted and I would find another site"
C-Webb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 AM   #20
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Webb4
You can log in, but I can't see him being a guy who'd be checking in everyday to see when he can post again... Especially after the way he was harping at this dude in his "appreciation" thread for coming back after he was banned. He was saying something like "if I got BANNED I would know i'm not wanted and I would find another site"
Yeah, I used to post on another sports forum but then one day I got banned because they didn't really like me all along, I imagine. But I've toned it down a lot when I came here.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
Kobe8
Banned

Goodbye Mathius. Have Fun Movin' on with your life..

You were a great poster all-around.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #22
FinishHim!
I dunk on kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Good Riddance.
+1, I wont give two ****s if he doesn't come back.
FinishHim! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #23
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
I never got why people liked him. He constantly bashes people, and always seem angry. I try to get along with him, but it's like he started hating me since day one.

I'll tell you why - he was pretty knowledgable about the game , and for his age I respected him. He's about 20-23 and analysis the game well.
What he did not understand is that some of ISH posters are into posting because it's entertaining and better than skeeming up reasons to get into trouble.
He should of looked to post threads where his knowledge was informative to help people look at things in a different point of view and at the same time learn from others.
No one in this board or any board has all the answers - we all learn from each other.

He'll be all right and Jeff will bring him back online-

I consider Mathius smart and insightful about the game.
he just needs to control his temper(.)
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #24
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Cavs are done. They're not winning a title this year. Not unless by some miracle they can learn to run the offense, or Lebron can pull something out of his ass like he did against Detroit a few years back.

Mike Brown has been exposed this season. He's incapable of making decisions against the tough teams... Orlando... LA Lakers... Boston Celtics (WITHOUT KG EVEN!) The Rockets.. every big team we've played, he's failed to make adjustments properly, and even more poignant, he's failed to make the players run their offense.

You can't run Lebron at a team for 35-40 minutes a night. You can't allow defenses to key on him all night long. Part of it is Lebron's inability to recognize what's going on and continue to force things instead of running the offense. But mostly that's because he's had poor teachers.

A post player wouldn't have fixed this. Another guy that could setup plays and create their own shots and handle the ball? That would have made us a better team.

Anyways, unless I see some changes out there, I say they're pretty much done. You can't expect Lebron to have nights like he did against Miami night in and night out to win ball games.

They have to play better team ball.

This is not me with an agenda. The evidence is all there.

EDIT: Oh, btw. You guys still think an offensive post player is more of an asset after watching Boston score 32 points in the paint in the first half last night with Wallace out of the lineup? You're out of your f*cking mind.

Mathius
+++++++++++++++++++

This is a post Mat made early march.
He saw flaws in the Cav's in other words when they break down , the team doesn't go into a offensive play , but looks for an open shot or passes to another player.
I attribute this break down to Mo Williams , shooting first and passing 2nd.
In the playoff's this will become exposed , as well as Defensive issues , but IMO Brown will do two important things in the playoff's to keep his team from tilting -
1) His front line will close off the basket more than they have during the regular season. They have enough guys to allow extra penality's (fouls).
2) Brown will use his time out's in critical situations when he see's his team breaking down and not taking appropriate shots. Even though Bron has to trust his teammates - those critical times most (NOT the WHOLE game) Bron will have the ball. His team mates have to be prepared to take the open jumpers.

This years playoff's will be about Brown. Game 4 or 5 of a series and Brown doesn't make the right call - it could cost his team a series.
** Don't under estimate Matt - he's a super loyal Cav's fan - just read the above post.

Last edited by Jasper : 03-31-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:25 PM   #25
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

I agree Mathius is pretty knowledgeable, but he really needs to improve on accepting that other people might not think like he does.

A forum is for an EXCHANGE of ideas. Not a lecture
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: