Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default When do "bandwagon" fans become regular fans?

A month or so ago the Lakers blew out some team on the road and were getting loud cheers. Kobe even got louder MVP chants than he gets at Staples. In the GT, someone here commented on all the "bandwagon Laker fans" there, but seriously, at this point, are they still bandwagon fans? After two 2nd round exits and a sub-500 record?

The overall question here is: when can someone no longer be considered a bandwagon fan?

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Default Re: When do "bandwagon" fans become regular fans?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    A month or so ago the Lakers blew out some team on the road and were getting loud cheers. Kobe even got louder MVP chants than he gets at Staples. In the GT, someone here commented on all the "bandwagon Laker fans" there, but seriously, at this point, are they still bandwagon fans? After two 2nd round exits and a sub-500 record?

The overall question here is: when can someone no longer be considered a bandwagon fan?
    You have been making the playoffs/finals for an extended time and spent no practically no time down the bottom of the table. I'd say you'd have to stick through a 2-3 year slump of being shit and not making the playoffs before calling yourself a real fan. Half of the Laker fans have only been watching the game since they have been winning rings, they haven't even seen the Lakers suck ass yet. Watch them jump ship as soon as they miss the playoffs a couple of years.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

I really don't consider Laker fans to be bandwagon fans since the Lakers have been pretty consistent. Heat fans on the other hand, is another story. I remember seeing so many heat/lebron threads during 2011 playoffs and as soon as the heat lost, they all vanished. Now they're back again stronger than ever. Pre LeBron heat fans, probably had the least amount of fans on the board and who actually attend games, pretty pathetic. Bandwagon fans become real fans when they support their team through thick and thin

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    You have been making the playoffs/finals for an extended time and spent no practically no time down the bottom of the table. I'd say you'd have to stick through a 2-3 year slump of being shit and not making the playoffs before calling yourself a real fan. Half of the Laker fans have only been watching the game since they have been winning rings, they haven't even seen the Lakers suck ass yet. Watch them jump ship as soon as they miss the playoffs a couple of years.
    Yes, advice from the sonics fan turned OKC fan who's ready to be a sonics fan again at the drop of a dime while still cheering for OKC is exactly the type of expertise that we need on this subject.

Anyways, as long as you stuck by them 100% through the bad times you're not a bandwagoner.

For instance fans that starting following the Lakers in 2000 & has stuck by the team ever since is someone I wouldn't consider a bandwagoner.

the HEAT fans from 06 who disappears for 5 years only to reappear after the decision are pretty shameless

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    the HEAT fans from 06 who disappears for 5 years only to reappear after the decision are pretty shameless
    ISH is infested with them.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Yes, advice from the sonics fan turned OKC fan who's ready to be a sonics fan again at the drop of a dime while still cheering for OKC is exactly the type of expertise that we need on this subject.

Anyways, as long as you stuck by them 100% through the bad times you're not a bandwagoner.

For instance fans that starting following the Lakers in 2000 & has stuck by the team ever since is someone I wouldn't consider a bandwagoner.

How about those who gleefully cheered for the Cavaliers for seven years and now take great delight in every opportunity to talk about how bad the franchise was during that span?

Local High School Star

And all of them will sware up and down that they were long time heat fans if the heat dont win it all this year they will disappear yet again. The life of bandwagon fans.

the right question is, "Is there such thing as legit fan in the internetz?"

- TheRealRajonRondo

I would say... give them time to mature into fans who are more interested in the entire NBA, rather than ones who just want to follow a team until the major pieces are gone.. that way, they could just become regular fans of the NBA or stick to the team that used to have their favourite players.

Usually for the better for viewership sake, sports needs it's new/bandwagon fans.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    How about those who gleefully cheered for the Cavaliers for seven years and now take great delight in every opportunity to talk about how bad the franchise was during that span?
    Pauk and his ilk are shameless

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I would say... give them time to mature into fans who are more interested in the entire NBA, rather than ones who just want to follow a team until the major pieces are gone.. that way, they could just become regular fans of the NBA or stick to the team that used to have their favourite players.
    Yeah, a part of me thinks that a lot of these fans are really Kobe fans, and since he's always been a Laker, they've always been fans of the Lakers. Once he retires and another player becomes the leader I guess we'll find out for sure.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    And all of them will sware up and down that they were long time heat fans if the heat dont win it all this year they will disappear yet again. The life of bandwagon fans.
    The few heat fans from 2006 at least deserves some props since they watch heat ball prior to LeBron joining. Heat fans grew larger as soon as LeBron and bosh joined wade but disappeared when the heat lost in the finals. The pandemic started when Miami won it last year, and before we know it, its over

When their teams starts to suck and they keep watching...

When your a fan of the Denver Nuggets

Local High School Star

Example of teenaged bandwagon heat fan tazb

[IMG][/IMG]