Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Never played a Dragon Age game, but y'all got me considering this!

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Played about 5-6 hours so far.

There is literally endless things to do in the game. The story is good so far and the characters and dialogue are great. If you import your custom background story from the Dragon Age Keep website you see all these little things that you did in the previous games show up and play part in Inquisition.

Graphics and gameplay are also great.

Bit overwhelming with their new crafting system and how you obtain upgrades for weapons and armor, but getting used to it now.

Everyone go buy this game, right fu[COLOR="Black"]ck[/COLOR]ing now!
    No. Fantasy is lame as fvk. Fvk you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    Played about 5-6 hours so far.

There is literally endless things to do in the game. The story is good so far and the characters and dialogue are great. If you import your custom background story from the Dragon Age Keep website you see all these little things that you did in the previous games show up and play part in Inquisition.

Graphics and gameplay are also great.

Bit overwhelming with their new crafting system and how you obtain upgrades for weapons and armor, but getting used to it now.

Everyone go buy this game, right fu[COLOR="Black"]ck[/COLOR]ing now!
    Did you play Origins and II?

Shit, it's gonna be a long wait till Christmas

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

I picked up both this and GTAV on tuesday, but still have yet to play either game, yet alone install them. Hopefully by this weekend ill find some time. god damn adult life....

Picked it up last night, fvck u guys.

Played an hour or so, looking to get further into it this weekend before passing any judgement.

I'm playing as a Quinari Dual Wield guy

Banned

I'm about 2 hours in. Playing a human mage. Liking it so far but I've only really done the intro and started talking to people around haven.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Picked it up last night, fvck u guys.

Played an hour or so, looking to get further into it this weekend before passing any judgement.

I'm playing as a Quinari Dual Wield guy
    It's sick that you can play as a Qunari. I'm playing as a human warrior because that's how I did my first playthroughs of the first two games and I wanted a fairly consistent experience, but if I ever have the time for a second playthrough in this game, I will definitely choose a Qunari and have him be the most badass, take no shit type character.

I'm playing as a human mage too. Looking forward to playing as the Knight Enchanter class.

So far I can tell how much work has been put into the game. You can immediately see what people have been talking about when they say you can put 90 hours in to this game easily. It's interesting to see how the new magic dynamics turn out. No healing magic in this game, but mana is unlimited. Anyway I love the way it looks and how they are adding big exploration this time.

The only gripes I can think of so far is that I've encountered a couple of bugs. Nothing game breaking at this point but a couple of crashes and a couple of times the interface has locked into a state where you can't do anything. Worrying.

That and I'm not crazy about any of the party members so far, although I haven't unlocked all of them yet. We'll see how that develops.

I've noticed some of the cutscenes are a bit choppy, is that just me?

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    It's sick that you can play as a Qunari. I'm playing as a human warrior because that's how I did my first playthroughs of the first two games and I wanted a fairly consistent experience, but if I ever have the time for a second playthrough in this game, I will definitely choose a Qunari and have him be the most badass, take no shit type character.
    Yeah, i don't know if i want to restart or not, i'm tossing up between continuing this one, being a male dwarve or a female elf.

Damn first world problems.

Also, this is my first Dargons Age game.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    I'm playing as a human mage too. Looking forward to playing as the Knight Enchanter class.

So far I can tell how much work has been put into the game. You can immediately see what people have been talking about when they say you can put 90 hours in to this game easily. It's interesting to see how the new magic dynamics turn out. No healing magic in this game, but mana is unlimited. Anyway I love the way it looks and how they are adding big exploration this time.

The only gripes I can think of so far is that I've encountered a couple of bugs. Nothing game breaking at this point but a couple of crashes and a couple of times the interface has locked into a state where you can't do anything. Worrying.

That and I'm not crazy about any of the party members so far, although I haven't unlocked all of them yet. We'll see how that develops.
    Are you kidding me? The dwarve with the cross bow is sick, the animation/look of him is amazing too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    I've noticed some of the cutscenes are a bit choppy, is that just me?
    I wouldn't say they've been choppy but they haven't been 100% smooth for me.

Banned

I re started as a rogue archer, enjoying it more than the mage and now I don't have the stupid staff animation that looks like I'm dancing. I'm about 15 hours in now and still feel like I've only just been introduced to the main story line. Great game so far, so much to do but presented in a way that is enjoyable and not a drain. I like that if I don't feel like going to a certain area i can just go to a whole different zone and still get the resources I need there to further the game.

Banned

Just finished the main story last night, I'm around 35 hours in and I didn't think I rushed through it. Was surprised when the last mission had a warning about it leading to the end of the story because so many were saying it takes 80 hours just for the main story line. I still have some side areas to finish off but one thing I've noticed is a lot of the side quests in this aren't as fleshed out as they have been in other games like mass effect, baldurs gate, skyrim etc. Rather than being like a self contained story that is intriguing in itself most of them seem to deal with the same kind of situations and are more one of or fetch quests which makes them feel a bit bland after awhile. The enemies also aren't as varied as those other games either, each zone felt like I was fighting the same 3-4 enemy types over and over with the occasional giant or dragon rarely thrown in. Still it was an enjoyable game and after I take a break to play some other games I've bought I'll come back and explore the other areas more.

Just beat the main storyline/game. There is a twist at the end of the game that might have been the biggest jaw dropper I have ever seen. Great shit, can't wait for some DLC.