Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Noah, Durant and Oden

Kevin Durant-
    Rookie- 14 PPG 4.1 RPG
    Prime- 23 PPG 7 RPG
    NBA Comparison-Rashard Lewis
    Thoughts:People are overrating this kid. They are talking about how he is going to be up there with LeBron, Carmelo, and TMac, but he isn't athletic, or rugged enough to be up there. He has a terrific jumper, but he doesn't post up as well as he should. I don't think that the fact that he's skinny is going to be a problem, but he's going to be a one dimensional player. He's like a better version of Adam Morrisson, in the NBA.

Greg Oden-
    Rookie- 8 PPG 6 RPG 1.5 BPG
    Prime- 19 PPG 12 RPG 3 BPG
    NBA Comparison-Alonzo Mourning, Tim Duncan.
    Thoughts: Greg Oden is just as good as advertised. He fouls way too much, but hey, that's a big man for ya. He is a terrific rebounder, and shot blocker. He can hold his own on the offensive end, and this kid's potential is just unlimited. If he enters the draft this year, I would be shocked if anybody picks Kevin Durant over him.

Joakim Noah
    -
    Rookie- 5 PPG 4 RPG
    Prime- 11 PPG 11 RPG 2 BPG
    NBA Comparison-Kurt Thomas, Udonis Haslem.
    Thoughts: Very, very overrated. He's a terrific role player, he's never going to be a superstar. He brings a lot of energy to the floor, as well as intense defense and rebounding. However, he can't score very well, and I doubt that is going to change when he hits the NBA. He is a better version of Kurt Thomas, but he isn't going to be a 17 PPG scorer by any stretch of the imagination.

Any thoughts, opinions, criticism out there? Project your own stats for these three guys.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Noah, Durant and Oden

He's like a better version of Adam Morrisson, in the NBA.
    Dude, I'm a better version of Adam Morrison.

I think your underrating Oden's ability to score he will average double digits in points and more than 6 boards as a rookie.

We have an NBA prospect sticky thread. Why this couldnt be added there? Mystery, call Scooby Doo and them.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    We have an NBA prospect sticky thread. Why this couldnt be added there? Mystery, call Scooby Doo and them.
    Nah, I'll stick with Sherlock Holmes, he's more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I think your underrating Oden's ability to score he will average double digits in points and more than 6 boards as a rookie.
    Co-Sign this, i think he has the potential to be as dominating as Shaq in the future.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shafir
    Joakim Noah[/U][/B]-
    Rookie- 5 PPG 4 RPG
    Prime- 11 PPG 11 RPG 2 BPG
    NBA Comparison-Kurt Thomas, Udonis Haslem.
    Have you ever watched him play? Doubters comparing Noah to Varejao have a point. Haslem? He's what, 6 inches taller?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Have you ever watched him play? Doubters comparing Noah to Varejao have a point. Haslem? He's what, 6 inches taller?
    I wasn't talking about their physical capabilities, but rather, their playing styles. I've watched Noah quite a bit, as well as Haslem, and I think they have very similar styles.

I think your underrating Noah and overrating a bit on Oden.

Edit:
    Never mind read it wrong.
    Oden seems fine but Noah will be better then what you list him as.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shafir
    I wasn't talking about their physical capabilities, but rather, their playing styles. I've watched Noah quite a bit, as well as Haslem, and I think they have very similar styles.
    Haslem doesn't block shots and he can hit the 5 footer, he's nowhere near as long or athletic as Oden relying instead on muscle (which Noah lacks). As bigs they have very little in common beyond hustle (and Noah plays with more energy) and coming out of the University of Florida.

Will Durrant be the next Ed O'Bannan

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Haslem doesn't block shots and he can hit the 5 footer, he's nowhere near as long or athletic as Oden relying instead on muscle (which Noah lacks). As bigs they have very little in common beyond hustle (and Noah plays with more energy) and coming out of the University of Florida.
    The hustle, energy, and rebounding makes Joakim Noah who he is. It isn't that he scores a lot, because he doesn't. Noah is overrated because people are in love with his energy, and hustle. The fact that Florida has won two straight has given him a lot of national attention, as well as a lot of love that he normally wouldn't get. Big men on the big stage that can run without tripping on themselves are overrated, and GMs make that same mistake every year. Tyrus Thomas, Marvin Williams, and Adam Morrisson are prior examples, Noah and Durant will be the next two. Durant is going to be good, but he is no LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade
    Co-Sign this, i think he has the potential to be as dominating as Shaq in the future.
    I wouldnt go that far i dont think he has the raw power to dominate like Shaq but i think he can be very good on the offensive end.

Local High School Star

Oden is the best of the 3. Durant is overrated. I haven't watched Noah all that much, he seems to have a lot of heart though.

I usually hit open layups GothamKnight's Avatar

Noah is WAY overrated

He's 22 years old btw. He will be a another Varejeo. Not a bad thing, but still. He won't be as good as Kurt Thomas imo