Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default So I finally went paintballin

Wasnt a good first time experience.

Friend captured the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMowxKchko
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation
Default Re: So I finally went paintballin

Hahaha so that one already.

went Paint Balling last weekend for the first time (Outdoor). here are some things u may need to know

1. buy a jock.

2. Buy a quality helmet with good vents to avoid fogging. The ones we had fogged up quick, hard to see.

3. its fucn tiring so make sure u have good footwear.

4. Its fucn hot as hell running and diving with all the gear and overalls, so bring water bottle.

5. Buy knee pads if u can, or shin guards. My leg is all cut up from diving and crawling thru the forest floor.

6. teamwork wins.

7. paintBalls that dont break hurts the most.

8. Paint ball is FUN. Like a good workout.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #3
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What did you wear or did you rent gear? I got some nylon sweatpants. Sweatshirt....fatigue hat but it dont match the nylon sweats and sweatshirt. Only thing I'm worried about...gear to rock. Footwear? Probably rock some old new balances.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh darn it doesn't match?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:15 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Oh darn it doesn't match?

:

Just saying...dont wanna look like an easy target.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

I went like 3 years ago. All I wore were some shorts and a shirt. Paintballs ****in hurt. And it was an indoor place with really short carpet, which was slick from all the oil. I slid behind some cover and got a big ass rugburn. I still have a scar from that sh*t.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Paintballs ****in hurt

No they don't. I know guys who ball without shirts/in shorts. If you're wearing cloths it's nothing man. A little sting and maybe a welt afterwards.

Paintball gives one of the best adrenaline rushes ever.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #8
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine

No they don't. I know guys who ball without shirts/in shorts. If you're wearing cloths it's nothing man. A little sting and maybe a welt afterwards.

Paintball gives one of the best adrenaline rushes ever.

How is getting a f*cking welt/bruise on your body not painful?
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

The easy answer is people have different pain thresholds. The more appropriate answer would be you're a puss. The kinda guy who gets "punch-buggied" and says OWWWW MAN WHY'D YOU DO THAT.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:28 PM   #10
aahhsin
Banned

aahhsin has an OK reputation so far

paintball stings, but they do not "****en" hurt.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:03 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The easy answer is people have different pain thresholds. The more appropriate answer would be you're a puss. The kinda guy who gets "punch-buggied" and says OWWWW MAN WHY'D YOU DO THAT.

More like "THAT CAR WENT BY AN HOUR AGO YOU A$$HOLE!"
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:32 PM   #12
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

if your adrenaline is going you're not going to feel much pain from a punch to the face, nevermind a paintball. that's the great thing about adrenaline. it's the superman potion that your body naturally produces because once in awhile... you're going to need it.

Quote:
The easy answer is people have different pain thresholds. The more appropriate answer would be you're a puss.
good line. I got the tolerance of a 6 year old, myself, dunno about any of you. but that all goes out the window when adrenaline is going.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #13
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin
paintball stings, but they do not "****en" hurt.

Na man, those joints hurt. I remember perhaps the second time I went paintballing, I was behind a tree holed up, and most of my team was out. My teammates were advancing their way to get me out of there (cover fire, giving me a chance to run). I was crouching and turning in both directions and managed to get one or two guys out who happened to show, trying to hit me. My guys finally got there and started bucking in waves so that I could run. After a couple of false starts to test the waters, I dipped, but I didn't crouch because I wanted to dip as fast as possible; I didn't know how much time my guys could buy me, so I sprinted erect. 3 seconds in, my back was on fire, and it went from my lower back to my upper back.

(Has anyone ever had a wupping where your parents hit you so hard with the belt on your back, it knocked the sound out of you... you tried to scream but nothing comes out, you're in so much pain.... and you instinctively reached over your shoulder for your back? That's how it felt.)

I stumbled over a log and fell over clutching my back... the ref comes over and checks me... none of the balls had broken, so I could still play inspite of getting hit... but 4 or 5 unbroken balls hitting your back... that's some craziness right there.

Man, I've had some legendary HALO level battles on paintball fields. I'll try to upload a picture or two later.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #14
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Two friends of mine have gone dressed in white to paintball. One with white pants and the other with a white jacket.

Oh, sweet sweet experience for me. White moving targets -literally-. You could spot them no matter where or how far they hid.

Last edited by artificial : 09-19-2007 at 08:10 PM.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #15
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
What did you wear or did you rent gear? I got some nylon sweatpants. Sweatshirt....fatigue hat but it dont match the nylon sweats and sweatshirt. Only thing I'm worried about...gear to rock. Footwear? Probably rock some old new balances.

I had with me my BLUE mechanic Overalls. As for armor I wore my life preserver underneath. had my old K-Swiss on.

I got nailed almost point blank range in my shin. In stung, then it hurt. Not so much that I cant walk, but it was throbbing the rest of the day.

Also we had 50 people playing, 25 each Blue and Red team. The last scenario we played the refs told us the loosing team gets excecuted. at the end of the game the winning team (my team) got to stand about 30 yrds away and open up on the loosing team (no full auto allowed). The ones to get hit steps out. The remaining guys stay until hit. Needless to say the last guy there probably have some welt marks on his back.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: