Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2019, 12:02 AM   #16
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,205
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987


Hold the L and jump off a cliff. Also, post your sources like SouBeach, whenever you say shit.

Again, Stan Van Gundy said LeBron and Oscar > Ordan.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...michael-jordan

" Van Gundy said Jordan also benefitted from expanded media hype and television coverage."

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...422-story.html

He said 2 different things

One is a historical account of facts (his re-telling of the 09' ECF)

The other is his subjective opinion (lebron/oscar vs MJ)

I'll go with facts over subjective opinion every time.. .. hope that helps..

Regarding expanded media coverage - i don't remember HD TV back then, or YouTube, or a whole bunch of other media platforms... So that's bullshit.. people are just blind - MJ kicked stan's brother ass and everyone so bad that everyone hates him
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:10 AM   #17
Keno
College superstar
 
Keno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,455
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
Since we're taking Van Gundy's words as gospel

https://www.slamonline.com/slam-tv/s...ichael-jordan/
Keno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:17 AM   #18
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,205
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keno
He stated an interesting historical fact about exploiting Lebron in the 09' ECF

Otoh, his opinion about historical rankings mean nothing

The historical fact that Lebron was exploited in the 09' ECF makes that loss is another black mark, just like 07' Finals, 11 Finals, and 14' Finals
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:17 AM   #19
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,852
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
He said 2 different things

One is a historical account of facts (his re-telling of the 09' ECF)
Post your source, you inbred cunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
The other is his subjective opinion (lebron/oscar vs MJ)
Nope, it's a fact. He said LeBron > Jordan. It's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
I'll go with facts over subjective opinion every time.. .. hope that helps..
Just because Stan said something about the '09 series doesn't make it a fact. If it's a fact, him saying that LeBron > Jordan is a fact as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Regarding expanded media coverage - i don't remember HD TV back then, or YouTube, or a whole bunch of other media platforms... So that's bullshit.. people are just blind - MJ kicked stan's brother ass and everyone so bad that everyone hates him


You are beyond retarded. A dude who has NEVER watched a minute of basketball. Let alone touch a basketball IRL.

Also, here's what Stan said about LeBron in that series:

“If you look into the rest of my coaching career, I clearly didn’t have any formula to beat LeBron,” Van Gundy said. “Our theory defensively, we wanted him to be more of a scorer and less of a guy to help those guys play well. Those other guys needed LeBron to play well. He put up absolutely huge numbers, but we had more overall talent.”


Stan literally NEVER said that LeBron's play was the reason why the Cavs lost, however, he DID say that the reason why the Magic won was because they had the better team.

No wonder you haven't posted the quote. Fucking idiot.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:23 AM   #20
NBAGOAT
NBA rookie of the year
 
NBAGOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: North Korea
Posts: 6,663
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

ask eliteballer
NBAGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:45 AM   #21
sportjames23
GOAT
 
sportjames23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13,918
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a 4x DPOY on his squad.

Damn good question.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:50 AM   #22
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,205
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
Post your source, you inbred cunt.


Nope, it's a fact. He said LeBron > Jordan. It's done.


Just because Stan said something about the '09 series doesn't make it a fact. If it's a fact, him saying that LeBron > Jordan is a fact as well.




You are beyond retarded. A dude who has NEVER watched a minute of basketball. Let alone touch a basketball IRL.

Also, here's what Stan said about LeBron in that series:

“If you look into the rest of my coaching career, I clearly didn’t have any formula to beat LeBron,” Van Gundy said. “Our theory defensively, we wanted him to be more of a scorer and less of a guy to help those guys play well. Those other guys needed LeBron to play well. He put up absolutely huge numbers, but we had more overall talent.”


Stan literally NEVER said that LeBron's play was the reason why the Cavs lost, however, he DID say that the reason why the Magic won was because they had the better team.

No wonder you haven't posted the quote. Fucking idiot.
I can't find the quote unfortunately, but Stan did say it recently

He said that he let lebron iso away the shot clock and that's how they won

There were threads about it too but they aren't popping up
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:31 AM   #23
sportjames23
GOAT
 
sportjames23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13,918
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
van gundy was on riley's staff when the heat were losing to the Bulls. I think he's got a decent idea of mj's game...

Yeah, he knows MJ owned the fuck outta his teams and is still bitter about that.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:36 AM   #24
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,852
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
I can't find the quote unfortunately, but Stan did say it recently

He said that he let lebron iso away the shot clock and that's how they won

There were threads about it too but they aren't popping up
That's because he never said that, turd. Unless you can find that exact quote, you're making shit up. As usual.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:43 AM   #25
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,205
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987
That's because he never said that, turd. Unless you can find that exact quote, you're making shit up. As usual.
It was on a random appearance on one of the main sports shows

Hard to find, but I thought threads were made about it
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:45 AM   #26
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,852
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
It was on a random appearance on one of the main sports shows

Hard to find, but I thought threads were made about it


How deluded are you, idiot? Van Gundy literally NEVER said that. I also provided a direct quote from him, in which he said that the reason why they won was because they had a better team. Period.


I wish more people called you out on your lies and other BS.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:51 AM   #27
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,205
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987


How deluded are you, idiot? Van Gundy literally NEVER said that. I also provided a direct quote from him, in which he said that the reason why they won was because they had a better team. Period.


I wish more people called you out on your lies and other BS.
He did say it but again, it wasn't made a story or anything apparently

I just saw it one morning on my feed
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:53 AM   #28
aj1987
MH!
 
aj1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 21,852
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
He did say it but again, it wasn't made a story or anything apparently

I just saw it one morning on my feed


How deluded are you, idiot? Van Gundy literally NEVER said that. I also provided a direct quote from him, in which he said that the reason why they won was because they had a better team. Period.


I wish more people called you out on your lies and other BS.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:55 AM   #29
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,205
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj1987


How deluded are you, idiot? Van Gundy literally NEVER said that. I also provided a direct quote from him, in which he said that the reason why they won was because they had a better team. Period.


I wish more people called you out on your lies and other BS.
He 100% said it

It popped up on my feed one morning as a clip from that morning.. so it's simply buried
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:55 AM   #30
PickernRoller
Leash Expert!
 
PickernRoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rent free in your head!
Posts: 10,239
Default Re: How did Lebron James lose to a Career Loser in Dwight Howard with HCA while having a

"Let him get his"... that has always been the playbook on the fraud.

If Anthony Davis and Vogel don't take control of the team away from Lebron's hero play blackhole we're gonna be in trouble vs. the Nuggets or the Clippers.

At that point, every retard of his will be wishing for Kawhi to get injured. Just like they did every year wishing it on KD or Curry.

You know it, I know it.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:35 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy