Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Series Thread: Brooklyn versus Raptors!

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    brwnman, Game 2 will be on Tuesday, 8pm.

Game 3 on Friday 7pm and Game 4 for Sunday 7pm.
    thank you!

The only reason I'd prefer playing Washington over Brooklyn is the refs.

I actually think the Wizards have a better roster. They have a lot of crafty veterans plus some great energetic youth.

   

responding to a post made in our (the nets) forums:

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Good luck to your team, Net fans.
    thanks, mate. good luck to you guys as well. may the better team win and hopefully knock off the heat!

wasn't too long ago that there was a bitter fan rivalry between the nets and raps over the vince carter affair. only five years+, but it seems like a million years ago at this point.

man, went to game 1. Atmosphere was insane. The clock issue was kind of frustration and so was watching Chuck Hayes start the 4th and play 6 minutes. Reffing was a joke all game long, star calls all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    man, went to game 1. Atmosphere was insane. The clock issue was kind of frustration and so was watching Chuck Hayes start the 4th and play 6 minutes. Reffing was a joke all game long, star calls all the way.
    That Deron Williams flop with Lowry before halftime made me cringe. Showing how the refs are going to be calling this series.

But I don't think that the Toronto Sun helped the matter any with the front page. Like, I love the intensity going in with it all but we don't need to fuel the fire with Brooklyn having lots of vets on their team.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    That Deron Williams flop with Lowry before halftime made me cringe. Showing how the refs are going to be calling this series.

But I don't think that the Toronto Sun helped the matter any with the front page. Like, I love the intensity going in with it all but we don't need to fuel the fire with Brooklyn having lots of vets on their team.
    that was a BS call, and then the replay was shown. Everyone lost it. Just a poorly reffed game through and through. When I saw the refs heading into the game, it was understood (the JV block on KG was a momentum killer).

Also, I think Casey made some very questionable decisions. Playing Hayes on Blatche for 6 minutes in the 4th (Hayes struggles with length)? T Ross needed more PT; the only dilemma with that was that it would have to be at the expense of Derozan. Vasquez and Lowry were playing too well, and Derozan was the one that couldn't hedge properly on the guard to guard screen and roll.

And while this has been apparent all year long, but it costs us games. Give JV the ball early and often. I understand he had 6 turnovers, but you have to feed him. It was working. No one on Brooklyn can guard him. He missed some easy shots, but that was after he came out of the game for a long time. The delay with the shot-clock didn't help either. Raptors have to do a better job of penetrating. Nets D picked up immensely in the second half, and the Raps could not get into the paint (this is where going down to JV will help). For the Raps to win, they need someone other than Lowry to penetrate and dish out. It was nice to see Patrick Patterson starting to get his legs under him and start hitting some shots, I think he's the X-factor for the Raps this series.

Need to get away from those iso like plays broken off the pick and roll. Go back to our offensive sets which were nice cuts, down screens and more movement in general.

tough loss.

i like the way the team responded to getting hit in the mouth.

they can obviously play better. hopefully they do.

With Amir being almost useless yesterday I think that Casey goes and puts either Patterson or Salmons into the starting lineup to match the Nets. I felt Patterson did a much better job on Pierce and Salmons of course would match up better with Pierce too. Bring Amir off the bench and let him guard Teletovic.
    Last edited by kmart; 04-20-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmart
    With Amir being almost useless yesterday I think that Casey goes and puts either Patterson or Salmons into the starting lineup to match the Nets. I felt Patterson did a much better job on Pierce and Salmons of course would match up better with Pierce too. Bring Amir off the bench and let him guard Teletovic.
    Oh hell no!

   

Quote Originally Posted by Himan12
    Need to get away from those iso like plays broken off the pick and roll. Go back to our offensive sets which were nice cuts, down screens and more movement in general.
    i just learned that your team normally runs something called "horns." it sounds very potent, versatile and deceptive.

our film guy broke it down and suggested ways to beat it:
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/4/17/5...at-the-raptors

anybody know if there

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i just learned that your team normally runs something called "horns." it sounds very potent, versatile and deceptive.

anybody know if there’s a toronto report on how to beat the nets?
    Thanks for the link, gigantes.

Yes, horns is a very good offensive set. It's worked wonders for this team and has particularly thrived for both DeRozan and Ross. I don't think the Nets will continue to deny them throughout the series, but they did a very good job in game 1, which resulted in the Raptors falling back to late second isolation. Some of the players looked frustrated and playoff jitters doesn't help.

Not too sure if that I've come across a link on the Raptors game plan and scouting to beat the Nets, but I'll be on the look out. I'm hoping that we can win game 2 and 1 at the Nets home so we can at least extend this series to a best of 3.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    Nets in 7 - Raps in 7 ??

As much as this is pretty obvious to some of you I think we will know by game 2 how this will play out.

Bottom line.

Nets will play a lot of small ball with Livingstone on the floor because of his defensive efficiency. They will not try to match up verses Val and Amir.

Joe Johnson has shot 43.3% FG% averaging 33 minutes last 5 games

Paul Pierce has shot 48% FG% averaging 24 minutes last 5 games played.
    PP shot 6/13 - 46 % - in 36 minutes
    JJ shot 8/14 - 57% - in 45 minutes

No matter what the Raps do offensively they have to run pick and rolls, up tempo at these guys on Defence. You cannot allow them to play 30 min + - have no foul troubles - and shoot 45% +

I mean they are vets and they will get their shots... but holding them to 40% is the only winning reciepe I can see.

[QUOTE=gigantes]i just learned that your team normally runs something called "horns." it sounds very potent, versatile and deceptive.

anybody know if there