Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups dashoebox's Avatar

Default how to sweat less?

ok so it sounds stupid rite? but honestly is there any method to sweat less? i'm a disgusting sweaty beast everytime i ball inside a gym with decent ac, and balling outdoors is even worse. my entire shirt changes into a darker shade of whatever color i'm wearing and I don't even think i'm out of shape. even on a cloudy day i'll end up sweating everywhere and all over my shirt.
    I am 5'11, weighing in at 155 pounds with a 27ish vertical (i can barely touch rim with fresh legs, and definitely cannot when tired). I am able to run a 6 min 30 sec mile time and I play ball around 3 times a week more or less. I don't think i'm out of shape and I always feel good when working out or balling, but is there anyway to sweat less or is it just my body's physiology and there is no way to change it? any thoughts guys?

o yea and i'm usually hydrated most of the day. I drink 6-8 cups of water (my definition of cup is the equivalent to the arrowhead spring water bottles). i always hydrate before and after playing and then i go eat.

Underdog

Default Re: how to sweat less?

You need to sweat, there is no way to avoid it. Your body sweats in order to keep your body cool. The only advice I can give you is to always wear deodorant

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

I sweat a lot yet I don't care. Heck, if people say that the more you sweat, the more athletic you are, then I'm definitely okay with it.

Well, anyway, you could use some deodorants, but that probably won't work on your head... It's really just that way, man. If you don't sweat, your body will overheat. Plus, some bacteria or germs are also excreted out of the body through sweating.

My Game's Nucking Futs The_Night_Elf's Avatar

Use an anti-persprint spray all over your body. Sriously though, if this is happening only when exercising then you're fine. Don't worry aobut it.

Quote Originally Posted by dashoebox
    ok so it sounds stupid rite? but honestly is there any method to sweat less? i'm a disgusting sweaty beast everytime i ball inside a gym with decent ac, and balling outdoors is even worse. my entire shirt changes into a darker shade of whatever color i'm wearing and I don't even think i'm out of shape. even on a cloudy day i'll end up sweating everywhere and all over my shirt.
    I am 5'11, weighing in at 155 pounds with a 27ish vertical (i can barely touch rim with fresh legs, and definitely cannot when tired). I am able to run a 6 min 30 sec mile time and I play ball around 3 times a week more or less. I don't think i'm out of shape and I always feel good when working out or balling, but is there anyway to sweat less or is it just my body's physiology and there is no way to change it? any thoughts guys?

o yea and i'm usually hydrated most of the day. I drink 6-8 cups of water (my definition of cup is the equivalent to the arrowhead spring water bottles). i always hydrate before and after playing and then i go eat.
    Stop drinking water. You get way too much fluids or you just play way too hard.

I usually hit open layups Spec5ial5k5's Avatar

THATS THE SWEAT OF A ****IN CHAMP haha im the same height and 10 lb less and i propally sweat more than u i have to go shirtless cause if not i would need to cahnge shirts like 5 times

I usually hit open layups dashoebox's Avatar

hahhaa yea i suppose sweating is a natural process but dam i sweat so much

코비=GOAT

I get salt all over my face when I sweat. You can see white streaks across my face.

Quote Originally Posted by dashoebox

I sweat a lot when i go my hardest, and thats usually all the time. It pisses people off in my neighberhood, because its like im playing against little boys. I hit puberty early and sweat a lot too and im 16, ppl i play with in my neighberhood are 14 - 18, so yeah they aint use to it. but when i play with men, nobodys complaining and everybodys sweating.

my best advice is to wear a ****, plane black or white or any colour, and wear a jersey over it. it helps a lot. take it off ounce you get to the park and when you start to sweat put on the jersey. and 5'11 and cant touch rim? man thats bad if you want to get somewhere in basketball, do some air alert or any other jump program.

i dont know your situtation, but if it bothers people, tell them to stfu. if u sweat a lot in organized ball, that dosent matter.

NBA Superstar

I have read that the areas you sweat most varies depending on how good of shape you are in. I believe those out of shape will sweat mostly in the upper body while those in solid shape will sweat throughout their entire body. I have no source to back me up on this so I could be really off base but I'm just kind of throwing it out there.

In the meantime, I say you turn the sweat excess into a strength. Play without a shirt and it shall help you slither through the paint. Also, opponents are much less likely to guard you in the post or box you out to the best of their abilities if you are a sweatbox without a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by iTwistAnkles
    I sweat a lot when i go my hardest, and thats usually all the time. It pisses people off in my neighberhood, because its like im playing against little boys. I hit puberty early and sweat a lot too and im 16, ppl i play with in my neighberhood are 14 - 18, so yeah they aint use to it. but when i play with men, nobodys complaining and everybodys sweating.

my best advice is to wear a ****, plane black or white or any colour, and wear a jersey over it. it helps a lot. take it off ounce you get to the park and when you start to sweat put on the jersey. and 5'11 and cant touch rim? man thats bad if you want to get somewhere in basketball, do some air alert or any other jump program.

i dont know your situtation, but if it bothers people, tell them to stfu. if u sweat a lot in organized ball, that dosent matter.
    yea 5'11 and can barely touch the rim is kind a weak but shooting and ballhandling is more important but when i come to vertical trainin do not do air alert u can do the exercises in air alert but u should be doin 10-15 reps of goin all out. Meanin ur tryin to come back in the air as quick as u can after u touch the ground and as high as u can. If u are doin high reps u are trainin ur jumpin endurance its like a sprinter trainin by goin on 5 mile runs

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I have read that the areas you sweat most varies depending on how good of shape you are in. I believe those out of shape will sweat mostly in the upper body while those in solid shape will sweat throughout their entire body. I have no source to back me up on this so I could be really off base but I'm just kind of throwing it out there.

In the meantime, I say you turn the sweat excess into a strength. Play without a shirt and it shall help you slither through the paint. Also, opponents are much less likely to guard you in the post or box you out to the best of their abilities if you are a sweatbox without a shirt.
    not exactly true i run track and cross country but i still sweat like a pig what i like to do is bring an old shirt as a rag and u gotta go shirtless suns out guns out

First of all. You can't. BUT you can absorb it, buy an arm sleeve or a sweat absorbing undershirt. They help.

Don't give a fukk about defense and constantly demand the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Don't you hate when you have to defend that one guy who decides not to wear a shirt and also happens to be the sweatiest guy there? And he just LOVES to post up?
    Real basketball. That's my preference.