Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-01-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
It Takes Five
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Talking Gibson

I know we lost to the heat but did you see the points put up by Gibson. . Do you think Gibson is the best person at point guard for the cavs? because I do

Go Cavs
It Takes Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:46 AM   #2
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

Default Re: Gibson

points are something a point guard shouldnt specialize in. but he still does a better job then eric snow. **** u mike brown! dnt know how ur team plays! ye defensive team my ass.
can we petition to get brown fired? is it possible?
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo3y91
points are something a point guard shouldnt specialize in. but he still does a better job then eric snow. **** u mike brown! dnt know how ur team plays! ye defensive team my ass.
can we petition to get brown fired? is it possible?

Would be nice.

The thing is, a scoring point guard is perfect if we're going to continue to keep Lebron in the "point forward" role. If we're going to look at him as a scorer (which I think is a mistake, he's still too raw as an outside shot and free throw shooter), then we need a more "true" point guard.

I think Lebron is at his best driving and dishing personally. Maybe later in his career he'll get his outside shot together, but right now he looks like a 6'8" Jason Kidd, with a bit more scoring ability when it comes to going to the hoop.

Don't get me wrong, his outside shot is better than it was when he came into the league, and he's certainly hit a bunch of clutch three pointers in recent games. But I still think he's more suited to hitting open jumpers than these fadeaways he's been taking lately, or these pull up jumpers on fast breaks.

I think it's his shot selection, moreso than him being a bad shot.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 02-02-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

I agree that Daniel Gibson and even Damon Jones are better options than Eric Snow at point guard. The Cavs need gunners who can score and more specifically shoot the ball. Remember Gibson was a potential lottery pick before his final season at Texas so he has the potential to be a quality starter someday..
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #5
deniz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Gibson?Yes maybe he is a good guard but dont forget this.He is rooike.I think Erıc snow is thw worst pg in NBA
deniz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: