Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #1381
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Round 1: Raptors vs. Nets Official Thread

Good thing I was drunk for most of this game because the 1st half was absolutely MADDENING. It is games like these that show why the Raptors need a smarter coach out there on the sidelines.

- Bargnani is dumb. He looked completely lost and should not have been the first big man off the bench. He hasn't played help defense all year and seemingly still has no clue what to do. Kris Humphries > Bargnani for now.

- Joey Graham is even dumber. What has Mo Pete done to not get time over him? Did he infect someone close to Mitchell with his herpes?!?! There is no explanation for playing Joey Graham for as long as he did.

- Juan Dixon, I won't rag on him but he does not belong in this series. There is no matchup except MAYBE vs Antoine Wright that should allow Dixon on the floor.

- Bosh, Parker and Ford played fairly well as they should have. Ford was the only thing keeping the Raptors in the game in the 1st half. Bosh got no respect from the officials but it seemed after the first 2 fouls on him, the refs were ignoring most over the back and loose ball calls both ways.

- Rasho played well and only got 18 minutes, not the least bit surprised.

- Calderon was awful to start, finished well but he still doesn't play a lick of defense.

The substitutions were atrocious and Mitchell didn't seem to realize any of them until the 4th quarter. And when you're already constantly down by 10-13, the adjustments should have come earlier. Although Graham was on the floor till the end which boggling. Joey and Bargnani are complete morons when it comes to help defense and this killed the Raptors today.

As for the other side:

- Jason Kidd is awesome. Anyone who calls Vince the best player or leader of the Nets is so wrong. Kidd was making great passes out of double teams, post ups and pretty much in every situation. He is the New Jersey Nets.

- Maybe it's coincidence but Vince once again lays an egg at the ACC. We all know he's mentally soft though so not a big shock here.

- Jefferson was so effective and I said it before the series, how the Raptors guard him will determine this series. He didn't do anything too spectacular other than taking what Kidd gave him and capitalizing on huge Raptors mistakes guarding him (or lack of help D after Parker has to run through 3 screens) and that's all he needed to do. The Nets took Parker out on most plays with a screen and often times you have Graham and Bargnani just watching RJ take open shots.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:52 PM   #1382
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

How any Raptors fan can say Bosh played well is beyond me.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:53 PM   #1383
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
[I can't wait to hear Q come in here and complain about Joey playing 35 minutes while Rasho played 18.]

Good call Kwaj.

And really, we are right.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #1384
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Nets went smallball with RJ at the 4 and Nachbar at the 3.

Toronto counters going small as well putting Bosh at the 5.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #1385
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three

I thought he played a solid game. He sure didn't play poorly to me. He was hitting his jumpers and several times when he went to the rim he simply didn't get any calls (unlike Vince with his ridiculous "blocking foul" bailouts). He played decent D and was one of the few Raptors who actually rotated well.

The refs weren't calling much both ways though. RJ went to the basket a couple times and it was obvious Rasho bumped him and no call.

Oh and Humphries covering Vince at the end was laughable. I wonder who assigned that matchup. It was coming off free throws as well so it's not like there were any switches. Brilliant substitutions and offensive game plan by the Raptors coaching staff! If it wasn't for TJ Ford this game would have been a blowout and the Raptors starters would have been watching in the 4th since it would be garbage time.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:00 PM   #1386
Don Cheto
I hit open 5-footers

Don Cheto has an OK reputation so far

Nets will win this easily in 4.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #1387
Yaosonegoodear
Banned

Yaosonegoodear has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
Carter had a sh!ttier game than Bosh.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #1388
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Bosh played like trash. Most of his shots were fadeaways. ***** behaviour, not "playing well"

Joey went back to terrible joey. Not bad joey, terrible joey.

Ford was nice.

Bargnani was very bad.

Humphries is better than bargs atm

Juan Dixon should play more than Graham

Anthony Parker hit some good shots, but damn, guard RJ ffs

Terrific game to NJ, but I can only give them some of the credit. Most of the blame goes on Joey Graham/mitchell (for playing graham) for all his dumb turnovers, bad fouls, and horrible defense.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:21 PM   #1389
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Thread is continued here: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38401
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread