Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Who would you trade Rose for?

I was just reading on yahoo sports about how good the Bulls could position themselves if they were to trade Rose and sign players like Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh this offseason and get high draft picks and maybe even draft Andrew Wiggins.

Here's from the article:
    A Potential Chicago Roster Without Rose

Joakim Noah

Chris Bosh

Carmelo Anthony

Jimmy Butler

D.J. Augustine

Andrew Wiggins

Nikola Mirotic

Taj Gibson

Mike Dunleavy

Tony Snell

*Additional First-Round Draft Pick

* Additional First-Round Draft Pick
    What if the Bulls were to sign Bosh, draft Wiggins and trade for Rondo? Would you give up Rose for all that?

I've gotta say... a potential starting lineup of:

C: Noah
    PF: Bosh
    SF: Wiggins
    SG: Butler
    PG: Rondo

That looks pretty awesome.

But I still say this Bulls team doesn't have to go through an entire rebuilding process. They just need Rose to get healthy, sign Carmelo Anthony, draft well, keep Noah and Butler.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Default Re: Who would you trade Rose for?

I read this article and not going to lie, it was interesting and does hit certain points.

Obviously everything seen in hindsight looks clearer and I am a firm believer in history repeating itself, but I don't think Rose ends up like Hardaway. Medicine and technology is better then it was even 18/19 years ago. I say though, IF, Rose were to get hurt again then it would definitely be time to look at a new franchise player. Or build around Noah. He is a guy who you can game plan around so why not give him pieces that work with him?

I already think the Bulls should start looking for another franchise player to add to play with Rose. Most contenders now have two franchise players. When one goes down the other steps up. Look at OKC right now with Westbrook out and Durant stepping up. When the Heat are missing LeBron they've got Wade or the other way around. The Bulls main goal this offseason should be bringing in another superstar player to play alongside Rose.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    I was just reading on yahoo sports about how good the Bulls could position themselves if they were to trade Rose and sign players like Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh this offseason and get high draft picks and maybe even draft Andrew Wiggins.

Here's from the article:

What if the Bulls were to sign Bosh, draft Wiggins and trade for Rondo? Would you give up Rose for all that?

I've gotta say... a potential starting lineup of:

PF: Bosh
    SF: Wiggins
    PG: Rondo

That looks pretty awesome.

But I still say this Bulls team doesn't have to go through an entire rebuilding process. They just need Rose to get healthy, sign Carmelo Anthony, draft well, keep Noah and Butler.
    Deadly 3p shooting. Like the Warriors on steroids.

Sarcasm aside, I would only trade Rose for a 2014 top 5 pick if we also got an all-star caliber player in the trade.

I've long held the belief that Chicago should trade their picks (which may, or may not, amount to nothing!) plus salary for another star player. Why didn't we throw everything we had at NYK for Melo? Deng, Hinrich, our first, Charlotte's first, and either Mirotic or a future first? You really think NYK would turn down 20m in expiring salary plus three first round picks for Melo? I'll tell you... Hell no.

If Bulls had done that....
    Rose/Augustin/Teague (not been traded yet in my scenario)
    Butler/Dunleavy/Snell
    Melo/Butler/Dunleavy/Snell
    Boozer/Gibson
    Noah/Nazr

Can someone say favorites-next-season? And that's before we manage to flip Boozer's expiring contract (next year obviously, not this) for a sharp shooter or two, and let Gibson start...

Rose/Augustin
    Butler/Dunleavy/Morrow
    Melo/Butler/Snell
    Gibson/Ryan Anderson
    Noah/Nazr

....BUT Chicago screwed that up by trading Deng for pennies compared to my proposal. Maybe NYK is not ready to blow it up, but I honestly don't see them turning that deal down.

And as for Rose... He's an MVP caliber player when fully healthy. But we don't know if he'll be healthy. So I'd be OK with trading him for an all-star caliber player plus a project or lottery pick. Holiday and a pick... Lowry, Ross and a non-lottery pick... Lawson and Gallo...
    A healthy Rose makes all those trades look foolish. So if he comes back, we're the laughingstock of the NBA trade world. But if he goes Penny/TMac/Hill on us... suddenly those trades are coups. And I'm OK with that gamble.

The article points that risk out. Rose could come back and be 100% and it could be a Peyton Manning situation and it would make the Bulls look like idiots.

It really sucks being in this position. I like Rose still. I want to see him come back 100%.

I've been saying I think Melo on the Bulls makes a lot of sense. I think the Bulls can sign him this offseason without trading for him. Amnesty Boozer, bring Mirotic over, draft well. They'd really need another 2 guard and another Center.

Starting lineup:

PF: Taj
    SF: Melo
    PG: Rose

Bench:

C: Draft/trade for
    PF: Mirotic
    SF: Snell/Dunleavy
    SG: Draft/trade for/Hinrich
    PG: Augustin/Hinrich