Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #16
Scott Baker
Acquaintance Rape!
 
Scott Baker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Where ever roofies are sold!
Posts: 362
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
i think this whole this is just a misunderstanding of the word plump, i don't think heyhey means it in any sort of derogatory sense, just using terminology that has been used to describe hendrix before ie the article he linked to...

Yeah I get that now, since he linked the article... But I really think that is the totally wrong word to describe a woman like Hendricks or Marilyn Monroe.

Google image search for 'plump girl' and you see the type that should be called plump.
Scott Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #17
heyhey
stay mad golden state
 
heyhey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina -Currently
Posts: 2,950
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
i think this whole this is just a misunderstanding of the word plump, i don't think heyhey means it in any sort of derogatory sense, just using terminology that has been used to describe hendrix before ie the article he linked to...

actually i just read over what i wrote again.
Quote:
It seems like a diversity PR move for the plump readers out there
i did NOT call Joan plump. I was referring to naming her hte most attractive person on tv as a PR move for the PLUMP READERS of esquire. Since she's more akin to the typical sillhoulete of american female who are probably tired of the ultra thin look perpetuated in the media.

Scott Baker just read what I wrote completely wrong and I started arguing about it without realizing it. Plump would be a bad word to describe Joan. She's quintessential BIG BONED type of girl. But her features are absolutely stunning.

Last edited by heyhey : 08-15-2010 at 09:10 PM.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #18
Knicks101
Hustle Loyalty Respect
 
Knicks101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CENATION
Posts: 40,727
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Scott Baker is a Rapist
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #19
Black Joker
College star
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 3,857
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

now that we got this settled

Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #20
BRabbiT
....
 
BRabbiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: .....
Posts: 5,165
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread








BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #21
v-unit
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,440
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

i actually don't mind pete. hes kinda my favorite character, just seems a bit more relateable to me in a way. of course, i've only watched 6 episodes of season 1 so far but i'm liking him. i feel like hes the guy the show is going to try to make us hate and in the end will always lose no matter what the situation is.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #22
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,986
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
i actually don't mind pete. hes kinda my favorite character, just seems a bit more relateable to me in a way. of course, i've only watched 6 episodes of season 1 so far but i'm liking him. i feel like hes the guy the show is going to try to make us hate and in the end will always lose no matter what the situation is.

He's the anti-Don Draper. They had to put a character like Pete in to offset Draper's awesomeness.
Jailblazers7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 09:38 PM   #23
Black Joker
College star
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 3,857
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

+1

i mean, he's grown on me a little, but i still hate him for the most part
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:14 AM   #24
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,294
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

eh i'll take rachel menken from season 1. she was pure class.






or suzanne the teacher from last year

brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #25
kentatm
NBA Legend
 
kentatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 16,527
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2NulVxQr8A
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #26
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman
 
B-Easy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,546
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Joan is amazing but I would still take Betty over her. Aside from the excessive smoking and leaving Don for old ass Henry Francis she is my dream girl. In season 1 she was amazing, so innocent and classy, knew her way around the kitchen and is incredibly hot.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #27
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,294
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Joan is amazing but I would still take Betty over her. Aside from the excessive smoking and leaving Don for old ass Henry Francis she is my dream girl. In season 1 she was amazing, so innocent and classy, knew her way around the kitchen and is incredibly hot.

i loved her during the episode they went to italy. and she has the best wardrobe by far on the show.

i hate what they've done with her since francis, but i guess that's her purpose...she's the one character who is too stuck to experience any growth.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:56 AM   #28
B-Easy8
Decent college freshman
 
B-Easy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,546
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
i loved her during the episode they went to italy. and she has the best wardrobe by far on the show.

i hate what they've done with her since francis, but i guess that's her purpose...she's the one character who is too stuck to experience any growth.

Yeah she looked amazing in the Italy episode, I really don't like what they've done with her character this season either every scene she is in (which isn't many) involves him and the kids, she hasn't gotten a storyline yet except for the fact that Don wants her out of the house.
B-Easy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #29
brooks_thompson
Good college starter
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,294
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy8
Yeah she looked amazing in the Italy episode, I really don't like what they've done with her character this season either every scene she is in (which isn't many) involves him and the kids, she hasn't gotten a storyline yet except for the fact that Don wants her out of the house.

she's a crappy mother, and don said it best when he said she was like a kid. proven when she caught sally on the phone after the thanksgiving fiasco and said something to the effect of "wait til he hears my side of the story." that stuff was masked in the first couple of seasons thanks to carla and their picture-perfect household.

there should be a mad men thread if enough people watch it. i know of you (now) and jailblazers, but that's about it. it's nothing like the true blood love that exists on here.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:43 PM   #30
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Joan from MAD MEN appreciation thread

**** she is damn sexy- very much my type, id even forgive the fact that she has more meat than i favor and unfortunately those tits look real cause she oozes sex appeal.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:14 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy