Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2018, 03:37 PM   #31
Poetry
Local High School Star

Default Re: Today's "runways"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambruh
MJ never had a decent chest-2-chest poster in his career

Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #32
NBAGOAT
College superstar

This insecurity is unbelievable. Someone responding to someone ele's success like this would already come across as jealous and petty but this is a step beyond that, you're not even defending yourself. Just enjoy the dunk and stop worrying bout mj's legacy which hasnt even been affected anyway.
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:19 PM   #33
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

OP relax

That dunk was nasty beyond belief.

Just enjoy it.
ballinhun8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #34
3ball
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
OP relax

That dunk was nasty beyond belief.

Just enjoy it.
It wasnt nasty and there's nothing there to enjoy

Lebron's game looks bulky, herky-jerky, and ugly.. The opposite of smooth and beautiful

And his point guard style from the forward position limits teammates and fosters poor teamwork, so he can only win with excessive supporting talent and luck..

The fact that he needed luck to win 2 of his Finals means that we don't really know how good he is.. A couple bounces the other way and he's 1-8 and a laughing stock

Infact, he got lucky in all 3 Finals - the spurs would've beaten okc in 2012 if they had a full season to fine tune their system.. But it was a shortened season, so the upstart thunder snuck thru to the Finals, when the spurs normally would've made it and spanked lebron,, as usual
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:44 PM   #35
CuterThanRubio
"3 is greater than 2"

One thing is clear, basketball clips from the early 90s look DISGUSTING!

Every single highlight is a clustered collection of bodies, most of them aimlessly standing around and awkwardly lost on defense, trapped on their man to man island without the ability to help or recieve help, that's what I call garbage/

Basketball is so much greater now, talent wise and aesthetically, the evolution has been a wonderful process, soak it in.

3 > 2
CuterThanRubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:50 PM   #36
3ball
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio

Every single highlight is a clustered collection of bodies, most of them aimlessly standing around and awkwardly lost on defense, trapped on their man to man island without the ability to help or recieve help, that's what I call garbage/

Basketball is so much greater now, talent wise and aesthetically, the evolution has been a wonderful process, soak it in.

3 > 2
Today's defenders must stand right next to their man in the paint (within "armslength"), which is the most important area of the floor..

But previous areas could stand further than armslength, and they didnt have to vacate the paint when their man is out of armslength like todays defenders

So you have no idea what ur talking about
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:55 PM   #37
CuterThanRubio
"3 is greater than 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Today's defenders must stand right next to their man in the paint (within "armslength"), which is the most important area of the floor..

But previous areas could stand further than armslength, and they didnt have to vacate the paint when their man is out of armslength like todays defenders

So you have no idea what ur talking about

But why would they do that when the objective was to bulldoze the paint?

DUMMY

3>2

Fvck the 90s
CuterThanRubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:10 PM   #38
Poetry
Local High School Star

Quote:
aimlessly standing around and awkwardly lost on defense, trapped on their man to man island without the ability to help or recieve help, that's what I call garbage

https://streamable.com/qi1cc
Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:15 PM   #39
Manny98
Decent college freshman

Quote:

3 > 2
Agreed
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:17 PM   #40
NBAGOAT
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
It wasnt nasty and there's nothing there to enjoy

Lebron's game looks bulky, herky-jerky, and ugly.. The opposite of smooth and beautiful

And his point guard style from the forward position limits teammates and fosters poor teamwork, so he can only win with excessive supporting talent and luck..

The fact that he needed luck to win 2 of his Finals means that we don't really know how good he is.. A couple bounces the other way and he's 1-8 and a laughing stock

Infact, he got lucky in all 3 Finals - the spurs would've beaten okc in 2012 if they had a full season to fine tune their system.. But it was a shortened season, so the upstart thunder snuck thru to the Finals, when the spurs normally would've made it and spanked lebron,, as usual

my god the spurs stuff is some of the most ridiculous revisionist history/alternative facts i've ever heard. Even the spurs fans here whose views usually align with yours must laugh at this. Going 50-16 and sweeping the first two rounds is enough already to disprove this
NBAGOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #41
ClipperRevival
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetry

That's just the tip of the iceberg. These kids just don't know.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #42
ClipperRevival
NBA rookie of the year

I dunno 3ball. You come across as a tad insecure sometimes. I can see how you are rubbing some of these youngsters the wrong way. Me? I'm not worried. I know what i saw. You just should relax a bit and chill. GOAT gonna GOAT. LeBron ain't on his level.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:41 PM   #43
Smoke117
Point God

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
I dunno 3ball. You come across as a tad insecure sometimes. I can see how you are rubbing some of these youngsters the wrong way. Me? I'm not worried. I know what i saw. You just should relax a bit and chill. GOAT gonna GOAT. LeBron ain't on his level.

A tad? He never stops telling us how Lebron will never reach MJ's level. If he was so sure of Jordan's place why does he see fit to shit on Lebron every single day? He reeks of insecurity. He's basically already admitted he did this same thing with Kobe and will do the same thing when the next great player who gets GOAT comes around. The fact of the matter is he is living an obsessively strange vicarious life through Jordan that is pathetic.

Last edited by Smoke117 : 03-16-2018 at 05:54 PM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #44
LoneyROY7
Clutch City

Quote:

And still deep down you know that's not true.
LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:50 PM   #45
Manny98
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Your right LeBron is on a higher level
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: