Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2018, 06:20 PM   #16
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22,292
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
The difference between Carmelo and Durant isn't as big as people like to pretend.


welp...nobody can take anything you say basketball related seriously going forward.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:22 PM   #17
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,954
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
welp...nobody can take anything you say basketball related seriously going forward.
There is nothing Durant can do on a basketball court that Carmelo couldn't do at the same age. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:28 PM   #18
tpols
we already won
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 22,292
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
There is nothing Durant can do on a basketball court that Carmelo couldn't do at the same age. Zero. Zilch. Nada.



he defends and playmakes on an entirely different level at any age... and scores in the playoffs on an entirely different level. this...is sad however you came to your conclusions sorry.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #19
EllEffEll
Local High School Star
 
EllEffEll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Laker Bandwagon Since 1963
Posts: 1,296
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Stamkos
Watch what happens come playoff time.

Hate him for bitching out and joining a stacked team all you want but doubting him is foolish at this point and mid season nonsense talk.

Watch what happens come playoff time.

This dude will rip the head off your favorite player and punt it into the upper deck.

KD > Everyone except Jerome Williams

Not saying he isn't greatly skilled, but the main reason he went ham in the playoffs last year isn't because he suddenly matured into a stone cold playoff killer. It's because there were so many other GS players that had to accounted for. He is still the same player he always was, just in a different situation. . . . . on a team that was already the best in the league.

I give the warriors credit for not caring who eats first, taking what they were given and making the absolute best of it.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #20
3ball
NBA Legend
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 16,435
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant the reason Warriors keep getting dominated by Kawhi and Paul George?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
So, are we going to leave out the 2016 Playoffs, where KD destroyed Kawhi?

29/7/4 on 50% shooting, OKC wins in 6 without HCA.
Apparently, yes
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:56 PM   #21
RRR3
Youth is Wasted...
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: ...On the Young
Posts: 21,757
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Yes.


And you’re insane if you think Melo is anywhere close to Durant.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #22
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8,350
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
welp...nobody can take anything you say basketball related seriously going forward.
Coming from one of the biggest dipshits on the board
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:59 AM   #23
34-24 Footwork
Stat Type of Guy
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,884
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllEffEll
Not saying he isn't greatly skilled, but the main reason he went ham in the playoffs last year isn't because he suddenly matured into a stone cold playoff killer. It's because there were so many other GS players that had to accounted for. He is still the same player he always was, just in a different situation. . . . . on a team that was already the best in the league.

I give the warriors credit for not caring who eats first, taking what they were given and making the absolute best of it.

How was that team "already the best in the league" after choking away a 3-1 lead?

I don't get it. You can't say they were the best team after they lost to the Cavaliers (+refs/Silver) in the finals. It doesn't work that way.

The best team in the league wouldn't allow Lebron to roam around the court because Harrison Barnes is self-check.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:01 AM   #24
34-24 Footwork
Stat Type of Guy
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,884
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

And As I've said a LONG TIME AGO, KD has been the best player in the league since 2014. It's impossible to prove me wrong.
34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:05 AM   #25
34-24 Footwork
Stat Type of Guy
 
34-24 Footwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 7,884
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFonzworth
Coming from one of the biggest dipshits on the board

Tell me more about TJ McConnell's conquests against the Knicks

34-24 Footwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:12 AM   #26
PsychoBe
Basketball Genius
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,422
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
And As I've said a LONG TIME AGO, KD has been the best player in the league since 2014. It's impossible to prove me wrong.

This. If Bran fans disagree then they are in a conundrum because

1) If Bran is better than KD due to the playoffs onward, then that means Kobe was better than Bran from 08' - 10' since he carried his team to the Finals every year.

or

2) If they assert that Bran performed better in the playoffs than KD did (lol) without the context of Bran's competition (the mighty Brandon Jennings Bucks for instance ), then again, Kobe > Bran since he beat the Celtics that Bran blew a 2-1 lead to and he beat the Spurs in the playoffs more times than Bran ever did and no other context matters.

I could go on, but I don't even need to.

It's over for Bran stans
PsychoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:44 AM   #27
PickernRoller
Leash Expert
 
PickernRoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bran Stan's Tiny Brains
Posts: 7,567
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Best in the world. He's that good. In his prime now. Got 1-2 more years of his prime left.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:10 AM   #28
MrFonzworth
Data Pagan
 
MrFonzworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 8,350
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
Tell me more about TJ McConnell's conquests against the Knicks

He called the game winner on Melo...to the media in practice the day before
MrFonzworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:58 AM   #29
Uncle Drew
Very good NBA starter
 
Uncle Drew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship
Posts: 8,779
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

Lmao mr Marcus Smart is an offensive juggernaut should be the last one to call others out
Uncle Drew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:39 AM   #30
ILLsmak
Life goes on.
 
ILLsmak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,789
Default Re: Is Kevin Durant really as good as we think?

KD is a monster, but the NBA is a joke now. You have to think he'd be good in any era. He's not Bron, but he's top 10 tier talent.

Likely already better than Kobe. Already in the top 10 as far as I'm concerned. Poised to be in the all-time record books, will likely win more rings, FMVPs. Better than Kobe. haha. Nah, but I think he is a lot more talented than Kobe, joking aside.

Unless KD goes down with a career ending injury, he is as good as we think he is. Also a beast on defense.

I feel like KD is the most underrated dude in the NBA atm, maybe he always has been. His game is less flashy than most legends, but he's deadly, and he still can get some highlights in there, too.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy