Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

View Poll Results: Is Westbrook like LeBron and Kobe?
Yes, he has a bit of both of them in him. 6 54.55%
No, he's like neither. 3 27.27%
He's like LeBron and is a statpadder. 1 9.09%
He's like Kobe and has poor b-ball I.Q. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
Spurs5Rings2014
NBA rookie of the year

Question Westbrook has LeBron AND Kobe in him, not just LeBron, so why do Kobe stans keep...

...hating on Westbreezy like he's just a pure B ran clone?

Westbrook

- Doesn't care about his FG% and WANTS to take the last shot of the game/at the end of the shot clock/quarter.

- Doesn't look to be bailed out by teammates and wants to take FULL responsibility for the win/loss by taking the last shot.

- Isn't afraid to shoot contested long range jumpers regardless if they are falling or not.

Yes, he also 'statpads' and gets a lot of boards and dishes like B ran, but he's a lot more alpha and has more of a 'not give a f uck' attitude like Kobe with regards to protecting his %'s and efficiency stats.

So how did he become a B ran talking point and a Kobe stan's worst nightmare? Just doesn't make any sense.

Spurs5Rings2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
superduper
EmGOAT

Default Re: Westbrook has LeBron AND Kobe in him, not just LeBron, so why do Kobe stans keep...

It is well known and accepted that Westbrook plays with a Kobe like serial killer instict. How is he hated by Kobe fans?
superduper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:42 PM   #3
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Default Re: Westbrook has LeBron AND Kobe in him, not just LeBron, so why do Kobe stans keep...

Westbrook got cucked by a rookie in the playoffs. He may not give a f#ck about anything, but he's a loser.
hold this L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
DJMcDonald
The Hamptons

His IQ is around the 60s, just like his brother's.
DJMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:06 PM   #5
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

It's true he def has some of both in him. Not nearly as good as either but bits and pieces of both, including including MJ.
imdaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:15 PM   #6
Manny98
Rookie of the Year

Westbrook and Kobe are very similar. both low efficient high volume shooters that prefer to play for their stats rather than for the win

Both also have notable drop offs from the regular season to the postseason

Both also take a lot of possessions off defense to focus on stuffing the stat sheet on the offensive end
Manny98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
FKAri
5-time NBA All-Star

He also takes who he faces in the playoffs, in him.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #8
Spurs5Rings2014
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold this L
Westbrook got cucked by a rookie in the playoffs. He may not give a f#ck about anything, but he's a loser.

He had Melo on his team, doe. I think a healthy Roberson and Meloless Thunder is a different story altogether.
Spurs5Rings2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #9
Gus Hemmingway
Bye Kyrisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
There's my little lapdog with the same canned "alts alts alts" response.

Leonard will stay a Spur and lead us to the chip next season. You're going to be eating your words, baby-boy.

I hope you didnít cry yourself to sleep, my sweet baby-boy
Gus Hemmingway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:57 PM   #10
knicksman
3-time NBA All-Star

he cares about triple doubles just like bron
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #11
LeThanos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksman
he cares about triple doubles just like bron

This.
Westbrick is a smaller version of LeBronze.
Absolute cancer, both of them
LeThanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:01 PM   #12
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014
He had Melo on his team, doe. I think a healthy Roberson and Meloless Thunder is a different story altogether.
Melo was not making Dumbassbrook from taking 80 shots in 2 games, and nothing from that changes that he got cucked by a rook. Will the Melo excuse stand this upcoming season when the Rockets make the WCF yet again?
Old 09-12-2018, 08:20 AM   #13
brownmamba00
Cali Love

Quote:
Melo was not making Dumbassbrook from taking 80 shots in 2 games, and nothing from that changes that he got cucked by a rook. Will the Melo excuse stand this upcoming season when the Rockets make the WCF yet again?
Nobody on that OKC squad liked playing with Melo. I doubt that changes.

Rox defense will go down.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #14
hold this L
d-y-n-a-s-t-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
Nobody on that OKC squad liked playing with Melo. I doubt that changes.

Rox defense will go down.
I agree with all of you have said, but people need to stop blaming every single problem OKC had on Melo. As I said before, there is no reason for a mediocre shooter to take 40 shots apiece 2 games in a row.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #15
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Quote:
I agree with all of you have said, but people need to stop blaming every single problem OKC had on Melo. As I said before, there is no reason for a mediocre shooter to take 40 shots apiece 2 games in a row.
He wasn't jacking those shots at the start of the game. If you watched instead of reading the boxscore, he started putting up shots when his team fell behind and his teammates were not stepping up. He led them on the comeback to win 1 of those games and he lost a close game in the 2nd. He gave them a fighting chance, would you prefer they lose in blowout fashion with him playing the right way?
imdaman99 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: