Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Why I Blame Kobe. A Laker Fan Comes Clean

All we do now is blow smoke up 24s ass. Funny thing is I should be loving it, he is my favorite player and he has brought so much to my team, but I can't help but notice what I notice this season.

Wasn't long ago everyone dumped shit on him, but then he won another two chips and now has become completely untouchable to everyone, even the media and the messageboard nerds (us).

I think I liked the old days better.

This year he has a great supporting cast, and he hasn't done shit (except string a few wins as of late against mediocre teams).

Why is that?

Well we got Dwight, but all of a sudden he isn't getting touches. At this point in their careers, Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER but we will never get to see that come to fruition this season because Kobe will not relinquish being the man.

Too much pride.

D Wade did it in Miami, but not Kobe, just can't let it happen.

We got Pau, but no one wants to have is back when the shit gets dumped on him. How quickly we all forget how he was the best player on the floor when the best players in the world battled for the gold medal.

No chance for us to feature him, best he be a six man, this is MAMBA's team!

Leadership puts the ball back in Pau's hands and sticks up for him.

We get Steve Nash, but then shortly after he is back from injury, Kobe decides he is going to show everyone that he can pass too, making Nash nothing but a jump shooter. We all praised Mamba for being unselfish and 'changing his game' but in reality it was just another way for him to show off and try and prove to everyone that he was the best at everything, despite the best for the team.

For us to be great, we need Kobe to still have his 30 point games, but not every night, we need to feature Dwight and Pau in the post and let the best passer in the game feed them. We could be like Memphis on steroids, but Kobe knows that means he plays the Rudy Gay role, and since Rudy has been traded he knows that is not a feature role.

Kobe is selfish and attention whoring and that is why we suck.

Make excuses, point to the stats, point to whatever you want.

THIS N*GGA LOOKS AT WINS AND LOSSES and all I see from Mamba is massive fail.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Default Re: Why I Blame Kobe. A Laker Fan Comes Clean

Took you long enough to figure that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Glide2keva
    Took you long enough to figure that out.
    The thing that I agree with you on mostly is the part about Steve Nash. I have no idea why Lakers are not letting him actually playmake, dude is fantastic at it and turning him into Mario Chalmers is stupid. Also Nash is the only one who can make Howard and Gasol's game better as we've seen him feed all the big men in the past at Suns.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Ass Dan
    All we do now is blow smoke up 24s ass. Funny thing is I should be loving it, he is my favorite player and he has brought so much to my team, but I can't help but notice what I notice this season.

Wasn't long ago everyone dumped shit on him, but then he won another two chips and now has become completely untouchable to everyone, even the media and the messageboard nerds (us).

This year he has a great supporting cast, and he hasn't done shit (except string a few wins as of late against mediocre teams).

Why is that?

Well we got Dwight, but all of a sudden he isn't getting touches. At this point in their careers, Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER but we will never get to see that come to fruition this season because Kobe will not relinquish being the man.

Too much pride.

We got Pau, but no one wants to have is back when the shit gets dumped on him. How quickly we all forget how he was the best player on the floor when the best players in the world battled for the gold medal.

We get Steve Nash, but then shortly after he is back from injury, Kobe decides he is going to show everyone that he can pass too, making Nash nothing but a jump shooter. We all praised Mamba for being unselfish and 'changing his game' but in reality it was just another way for him to show off and try and prove to everyone that he was the best at everything, despite the best for the team.

For us to be great, we need Kobe to still have his 30 point games, but not every night, we need to feature Dwight and Pau in the post and let the best passer in the game feed them. We could be like Memphis on steroids, but Kobe knows that means he plays the Rudy Gay role, and since Rudy has been traded he knows that is not a feature role.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    The thing that I agree with you on mostly is the part about Steve Nash. I have no idea why Lakers are not letting him actually playmake, dude is fantastic at it and turning him into Mario Chalmers is stupid. Also Nash is the only one who can make Howard and Gasol's game better as we've seen him feed all the big men in the past at Suns.
    You know what's shocking?

The Lakers coach is the same guy that made Nash so successful with the Suns

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Nash is an amazing PG in the right system. The only reason the offense runs through Kobe now is because they want to slow down the offense and Kobe is able to do that.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

They don't have enough 3pt shooters imo. Except Nash no one shoots the 3 well.

College superstar

Kobe puts up 30/5+/5/2 on amazing efficiency while leading the league in scoring through the first half of the season. He then completely switches his game up and decides to play PG, which results in a 14 game stretch where he averages 8+ APG. Than he comes back after the All-Star break and drops (essentially) back-to-back 40 point games. I mean the man is 34 yrs old, 17th season, 53,000+ minutes on his legs and he's still playing at a high level. I don't see why people would look at Kobe given how he's played and place the blame on him given all of the other obvious factors. Howard and especially Gasol have performed far below what was expected. Kobe has exceeded expectations.

Howard this season has been injured, used poorly, and has played below even his current potential at both ends. Gasol has also been used poorly, injured, and just terrible. Those were 2 guys who the Lakers really need. And D'Antoni is a terrible coach. Kobe has been easily their best player and has played better than anyone could have expected. He also adjusted his game when Nash returned. The only part of his game that hasn't been very good is his defense, and that's been the case for a few years now.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 02-25-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Kobe is the 15th ranked player of alltime in terms of Win/Loss % ( regular season and Playoff's)

- think about that...outta his 17 year career...countless playoff games and regular season games....he was the 15th best career winning%

- How is that a fail?..especially since he played more games then 80% of the guys above him?

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

If you watch Dwight play, he just stands there until someone passes him the ball. Then he either turns it over or gets fouled on a layup (that still looks makable despite the foul) and proceeds to miss the free throws. You have to set Dwight up for easy dunks or it's just a wasted possession.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    They don't have enough 3pt shooters imo. Except Nash no one shoots the 3 well.
    This, this and this!

Nash can't playmake with that lineup because there is no spacing for him to do it. Not only that but Howard and Gasol got clogged in the paint as well due to the same issue. Therefore it is more urgent for him to be the one to space the floor since he is 10x the shooter anyone else on the starting lineup is.

While he's had his share of BAD games, Kobe doesn't deserve blame for the Lakers woes. There have been a myriad of issues w/ this ball club; to be specific, injuries and attrition ...

Back to Business

Why is that?

Too much pride.

wow did this silly kid just compare kobe to rudy gay???????lol lmao hahahahahahahahahahaha.stop it..........just stop it.....the lakers problem starts at the top...meaning the owner.....then its the shitty ass GM.....then its the coach who cant spell defense......even if u gave him all the vowels in the word...its just bad.....cant blame kobe...he is the same player that won it back to back in 09 and 10....so how is it his fault now? they should have kept mike brown......but nooooooo u firew a black man after 5 games.....didnt even give him a chance to mesh with nash and dwight....just fire him and hire a white man......that doesnt even fit the damn team....yes i thought it was RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point in their careers, Dwight IS THE BETTER PLAYER
    This is all I read and I believe it was enough to conclude: You are very wrong.

Thats a bit harsh, but Kobe is certainly not the problem. He is the most mature and self aware player on the Lakers besides Nash. He just wants to win.
    Last edited by OhNoTimNoSho; 02-25-2013 at 02:14 PM.

And you said you're a Laker fan? GTFO FAKER. Nash is the best at pick and roll, but Howard wasn't running it with him that's why Kobe stepped up and decided to be the playmaker.

Watch some Lakers game before you start writing an essay about it.