Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali

I'm sorry but Tyson would get destroyed.

thats like comparing the eiffel tower in Las Vegas to the eiffel tower in Paris, France

there really is no comparison

Tyson was vicious, but Ali is called The Greatest for a reason

I love Ali. I remember having the Ali/Ken Norton boxing "action" figures back in the day. But I got Tyson in this one. In their prime! A talking Ali would only cause Tyson to just end it quicker.

in his prime(pre douglas when he was completely focused in the ring) and as long as this man is still training him :

tyson takes out the 'greatest'

y'all are thinking of the post douglas tyson

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    y'all are thinking of the post douglas tyson
    You might be thinking of a post-vietnam Ali as well, you know, when the robbed the champion of his prime

Ali had it all. The only question mark was his chin early in his career because nobody could catch him flush, and I think he proved he had one in those Frazier bouts.

Can't hit what you can't catch, and he had pin point accuracy along with his reach, power and speed.

Tyson was a knockout artist, he doesn't get enough credit for his ring smarts. But Ali was a boxer. He was a scientist in that ring

Serious playground baller

This is a real debate? Ali.

NBA Superstar

Tyson

ali might be able to jab with reach all day, but Tyson in his prime to me had the best power punches i've ever seen and i think he could get inside to land them. i think the latter Tyson when he had all of those personal issues and switched from rooney? i think distorted a lot of his greatness in most peoples perception of him. especially the holyfield fights and ear biting.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-23-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Ali himself said Tyson would beat him. You can see the respect he has for Mike here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki4UKsI8bms

Go Clippers!

Ali >> Tyson!

this is what would have happened to ali had he fought a primed and focused tyson trained by kevin rooney .. except it would've come much earlier in the fight and he would've knocked him out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctKAG...ilpage#t=3511s

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Ali would clown him.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    this is what would have happened to ali had he fought a primed and focused tyson trained by kevin rooney .. except it would've come much earlier in the fight and he would've knocked him out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctKAG...ilpage#t=3511s
    Huh? You realized that fight went 15 rounds? You realized Joe Frazier stamina shyts all over Tyson? Tyson wasnt a fighter who could go deep into rounds. Joe Frazier was. You see how fatigedAli was? To think Ali would be that fatigued early for Tyson to tee off on him like this is stupid on your part.

Ridiculous video posting to justify why you think Tyson beats Ali. Get out of here. Ali stuck and moved in his prime, he never stood still in 1 place.Ali utilized his jab which was having nice long reach. That neutralizes Tyson who looks to get close to attack. Ali could keep Mike off balance simply by sticking and moving then unleashes combos Tyson wouldnt suspect due to pure frustratio because he cant get inside of Ali to punish him.

The fight would be similar when Lennox whupped Tyson. Just in terms of the contract in styles. So dont go countering that wasnt Tysons prime. I'm speaking solely of the difference in styles. Prime Tyson was mean, viscious but he didnt demonstate the ability to go deep in fights and take an opponent out. Joe Frazier was short, and a 1 handed boxer but what made him great was he was relentless. His motor kept going. Joe Frazier could have gone another 5 rds in that 1st Ali fight. Tyson would never last 15rds then unleash like that.

And to think Tyson would have easily done this early is seriously underestimating Ali ring IQ. He was a skilled boxer but smart as hell. Notice how you tried to carefully craft Tysons corner by saying give him Rooney then attatched "focused" to the line? You dont need to say crap like that about a prime Ali. Yet with a prime Tyson you want to carefully walk on egg shells to give him certain "things" in order for him to be successful. Get out of here bruh.

It would be an amazing fight just off the trash talk leading up to them touching gloves. Tyson wouldnt roll over but Ali wins this matchup. Ali ATE Joe Frazer left hook (one of boxings best) and fought on. Tells me Ali chin is made of glass. Frazier was such a durable fighter, silly to use this clip in rd 15.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DonD13
    which youtube highlight vid have you seen??

and no, not true, the general perception is that he was an unstoppable beast but the truth is that he had some nice wins but not enough quality opposition to be considered beeing one of the greatest

i've seen almost all of his fights on ppv. Tyson was dominating in the 80's, in fact so dominating there was a period where other fighters didn't want to even challenge him. say what you want about lack of competition but i've neveer seen anybody wreck everyone that they fought in their prime like Tyson. it got to the point everyone watching expected either a KO or someone to die in the first 30 secs of every one of his fights for a while. not talking after he got in trouble for rape, holyfield fights, etc. since thats when he went downhill big time after he left Rooney. but in his prime i've never seen a more dominant fighter, and his upper cut was ridiculous.

then again i'm not the biggest fans of pure boxers(don't like mayweather's style either) and while i love Sugar Ray(from MD), i give a lot more credit to a toe to toe fighter that isn't all about ducking and moving all fight so much. call it personal preference i guess.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-24-2012 at 09:07 PM.

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

I don't know if it's a lack of good competition or the fact that Tyson was SO dominant it ruined the reputation of boxers in his era. He beat Larry Holmes who was an all-time great. Micheal Spinks had a solid career and his only loss was to Tyson.

It kind of reminds me of how Jordan dominated his era to the point where it ruined the careers of Malone and Stockton, Barkley, and Ewing. All of which could never be considered a top 15 player of all-time.

All I know is I grew up in that era so to me Tyson was the closest thing to an unstoppable force I've ever seen. I couldn't pick a winner but for those who think its a joke that Tyson could beat Ali I'd really have to question.

People that claim Trevor Berbick, Michael Spinks, Frank Bruno, Larry Holmes, and Tony Tucker were not tough opponents are clueless. Put Frank Bruno in 2012 and he dominates the entire HW division.

Point aside, if Ali makes it past round 4 then he wins