Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 11-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default GT: Game 8 vs Kings 11/12

Los Angeles Clippers 1-6 @ Sacramento Kings 3-4

Where: Staples Center in LA, Cali
When: Wednesday November 12th; 7:30 PM PST
Media: FSN Prime Ticket; ESPN AM 710
Clippers Last Game: 103-92 victory over Dallas
Kings Last Game: 115-98 victory over Golden State

Projected Starting Units:
vs
Baron Davis vs Beno Udrih
15.5 Points 8.3 Points
3.5 Rebounds 2.3 Rebounds
7.0 Assists 3.9 Assists

VS
Cuttino Mobley vs John Salmons
11.6 Points 17.3 Points
2.4 Rebounds 4.1 Rebounds
1.0 Assists 3.6 Assists

VS
Al Thornton vs Jason Thompson
15.9 Points 11.0 Points
5.0 Rebounds 6.1 Rebounds
0.9 Assists 0.4 Assists

VS
Marcus Camby vs Mikki Moore
5.5 Points 6.3 Points
10.8 Rebounds 3.7 Rebounds
0.8 Assists 1.1 Assists

VS
Chris Kaman vs Brad Miller
13.1 Points 12.5 Points
10.4 Rebounds 10.0 Rebounds
1.9 Assists 4.5 Assists

Q's Key's To The Game:

1) Play for 48. We can not have another letdown tonight as we the Kings are a team we should beat.
2) Control the boards. Second chance points have killed us this year, luckily the Kings don't have an undersized player who attacks the rim, but wait, they do have an energetic Mikki Moore.
3) Keep giving Po more playing time. Eric Gordon played well against Dallas, get him on the court

Q's Quote:
"We finally get one in the win column during the weekend, now, we need to step up and get us a little winning streak going starting with the Kings[then the W's]. I don't see us dropping this one, unless our guys just don't try"

Q's Prediction: Clippers win 101-89
Q's Prediction Record: 4-3

Last edited by qrich : 11-11-2008 at 11:41 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation
Default Re: GT: Game 8 vs Kings 11/12

I can't wait until Dunleavy places Gordon in the starting line-up over Mobley.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:07 AM   #3
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Is Kevin Martin still hurt? If so, it should make it easier for the Clipps. Still not much to brag about with those 6 losses but our team chemistry seems to be finally developing.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
Is Kevin Martin still hurt? If so, it should make it easier for the Clipps. Still not much to brag about with those 6 losses but our team chemistry seems to be finally developing.
Martin is out for a week according to ESPN
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:20 PM   #5
theunderdogg1965
I brick open layups

theunderdogg1965 has an OK reputation so far

Our team is finaly taking shape in a good way and in about 2 weeks the rotation will be set and we will be on our way.
theunderdogg1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 12:46 AM   #6
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation

With our upcoming schedule:Kings, Warriors,Spurs(w/out Parker and Ginobili),OKC,Sixers and Nets, Clipps have a legit shot at winning the next 5 or 6 games and get to .500 or above
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:27 AM   #7
Qlippers
Decent playground baller

Qlippers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by livlife2k
With our upcoming schedule:Kings, Warriors,Spurs(w/out Parker and Ginobili),OKC,Sixers and Nets, Clipps have a legit shot at winning the next 5 or 6 games and get to .500 or above
Let's not give the clippers anymore credit. Lets accept they are one of the crappy teams in the league.
Qlippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #8
ForzaClippers
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ForzaClippers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by livlife2k

BAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, dude, come on. WE SUCK.
ForzaClippers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:24 AM   #9
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far

yea i dont know how much longer i can go justifying to my friends that we are actually good. the least the clips could have done was beat the kings.
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:26 AM   #10
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Only one word can describe tonights game, PATHETIC. I got great seats for 25 bucks, and, with how these idiots played, I now say it was not worth it one bit. Besides Marcus Camby on the defensive end[when he was allowed to play D] and Ricky Davis getting his shot back, it was a horrid game.

We need to make a trade, we need to somehow dump Mobley and Thomas. Something along the lines of Kaman + Mobley + Thomas to Dallas for Stackhouse + Diop + Howard + Bass I would love to do.

Davis|Taylor|Hart
Howard|Gordon|Stackhouse
Thornton|R. Davis|Novak
P. Davis|Bass|Skinner
Camby|Diop|Jordan
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:30 PM   #11
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Only one word can describe tonights game, PATHETIC. I got great seats for 25 bucks, and, with how these idiots played, I now say it was not worth it one bit. Besides Marcus Camby on the defensive end[when he was allowed to play D] and Ricky Davis getting his shot back, it was a horrid game.

We need to make a trade, we need to somehow dump Mobley and Thomas. Something along the lines of Kaman + Mobley + Thomas to Dallas for Stackhouse + Diop + Howard + Bass I would love to do.

Davis|Taylor|Hart
Howard|Gordon|Stackhouse
Thornton|R. Davis|Novak
P. Davis|Bass|Skinner
Camby|Diop|Jordan

It was nice getting tix in sect 119 for 25 bucks, we had a group of 6 except for one of my friends who was a Kings fan, but it was cool. Anyways, we got beasted by Beno Udrih last night, he was dribbling around and getting so many open mid range jumpers. We did better in the 4th when we put Ricky Davis on him but I dont know it took Dunleavy so long to realize that Baron and Mike Taylor were getting outsmarted each time by Udrih. Also the Kings had Thompson, Moore, and Miller in most of the night and we should've been able to run them for putting in 3 bigs but nope we didn't take advantage of that either. Just a horrible night for us Clipper fans. Only bright side was the cheap tix and finally gettin to see Ricky find his stroke back. Ricky really needs to do his thing and start to score more because we really need it.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 AM   #12
livlife2k
I brick open layups

livlife2k has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
It was nice getting tix in sect 119 for 25 bucks, we had a group of 6 except for one of my friends who was a Kings fan, but it was cool. Anyways, we got beasted by Beno Udrih last night, he was dribbling around and getting so many open mid range jumpers. We did better in the 4th when we put Ricky Davis on him but I dont know it took Dunleavy so long to realize that Baron and Mike Taylor were getting outsmarted each time by Udrih. Also the Kings had Thompson, Moore, and Miller in most of the night and we should've been able to run them for putting in 3 bigs but nope we didn't take advantage of that either. Just a horrible night for us Clipper fans. Only bright side was the cheap tix and finally gettin to see Ricky find his stroke back. Ricky really needs to do his thing and start to score more because we really need it.
Clipps are definitely missing that tough perimeter defender, like Q-Ross used to be when he was healthy a couple of years ago...
livlife2k is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: