Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Since the Nets don't play the Jazz for a while...

the Nets will have played fewer games than most. so the Games in the Loss column become all that much more significant.

why did I saythis? idk. slow night.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Hopefully becuase of this rest they will have time to go over some things and beat them.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i was offline for a few days while moving. just now saw the article about RJ's ankle.

i hadn't realised that he keeps reinjuring the damn thing and i sure hope this doesn't turn into an ongoing problem. remember grant hill...

anyway, hopefully the rest will do him some good and i look forward to seeing wright get a start sometime. the more rest RJ can get in this situation is a good thing to me. games this time of year mean very little.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

actually he got it when he fouled Chris BOsh hard and landed funny. it's another ankle sprain.

it's probably just a mild thing that everyone goes thorugh as evidenced by the fact when the media pushed RJ too hard about it, he starts to purposely drag the foot around and told people:

"hey guys the real reason behind my not practicing is that I actually havea broken ankle, but i'd rather play through the pain and take a lotta cortisone shots so I don't feel it. because i'd rather play with a broken ankle then have to get surgery."

and I disagree, games have a good meaning right now.

because teh Sixers are off to a hot start, many people will say:

"LOOK THE SIXERS HAVE MORE WINS THAN THE NETS. BWAHAHHA WTF? NETS SUCK NOW. CARTER IS GONNA SIGN ELSEWHERE. KIDD IS OLD."

a lot of idiots don't know how to read the loss column and percentages, nor analyze the quality of opposition played.

get off to a good start, then shut up the critics and build confidence for the playoffs.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

maybe it's because i'm not a new yorker and don't do much jawing with knicks fans, but to me, people can dis the nets all they won't and it's water off my back.

the sixers have more wins? whatever. the knicks will actually be good this year? whatever. the nets aren't impressing anbody so far? whatever. say they start out 9-12 again this year? whatever.

i may not know other teams all that well but i know the nets. sooner or later they will be impressing the league, just as they did last year. anything negative they went through this time of year will be long forgotten, and all those mediocre teams that started off red hot will come crashing back to earth before long. i see it every season just like i see people putting huge illuminated rudolphs and santa clauses up on their roofs.

the NBA and hockey playoff system is a joke. all but the worst teams make it to the dance at the end of the season. and the only thing that matters once you get there is how much the team has come together and how well they're playing at that moment. few remember what your record was because it doesn't matter. the heat won, what? 52 games last year? that's why i say the games this time of year mean the least.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:02 PM   #6
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

actually I was not talking about New York homers.

rather I was talking about the people who keep saying:

Bulls own Nets.

Cavs own Nets

Pistons own Nets

Heat own Nets.

Nets old. Kidd old. bench sucks. Carter resigning. no big men. etc... spewing nonsense when the dont view the games.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

the cavs scare me a little bit- not so much because they're a great team, but because of lebron. i watched him the first couple games and he's just unstoppable. all he needs to do is get anywhere near the hoop with momentum, and with his height, elevation and ability to shift the ball around to either hand it's pretty close to a guaranteed layup. he pretty much chumped bruce bowen the spurs game. so the cavs scare me because lebron can potentially take over the game with no way to stop him.

the bulls scare me a little just because of their talent. i don't know much about them but they seem loaded. prolly not a champion team this year, but they can upset anyone at any time.

the pistons and heat i think are very beatable. as long as the nets work hard and have a good game plan then they're not teams i worry much about. i mean you want to talk about old? kidd and uncle cliffy are the only oldsters here, whereas miami... phew. it's like a retirement home over there. the nets are actually a fairly young team.

as for what people say... i don't know. how do you shut idiots up? i don't know. some people need to smack their faces into the bricks before they see that there's a wall there.
Old 11-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #8
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I've been using my fix of NBAtv. Also, the Bulls don't scare me as much anymore, I was freaking out after the first game against the Heat, but I now realize their beatable. The Cavs do scare me a bit though, they have all the right tools to win a championship, but hey, so do we.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: