Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default 2010 Draft Talk

I really hope we can trade up and get Monroe or Cousins or one of those guys fall to us at 7. This draft could end up really bad for us. Thanks for winning those games at the end Detroit....

Here's the latest
Quote:
There is growing sentiment Detroit, with the seventh overall pick, will tab Ekpe Udoh of Baylor. Udoh worked out for the Pistons Monday. Journal Times
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation
Default Re: 2010 Draft Talk

The player I'm absolutely scared of is Aminu. Aminu is a good player, but amazingly inefficient. Not something I really want on a team that already includes Stuckey, Gordon, and Villanueva.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Besides the fact that he's a small forward and we already have a ton of those. Really there's only a few guys in this draft who could make a difference on our team next year. That would be Wall, Turner, Cousins, and Monroe. If we don't get one of those guys we're going to have to settle for mediocrity for a while. The sad part is there really isn't any way we'll get Wall or Turner so we have to hope that Joe D either trades up or Cousins or Monroe falls to us. Other than that we'll have to make a blockbuster trade this offseason. I think Cousins is going to be a 20 and 10 guy. I'm all for moving up for him. Depending on where he goes he could be the ROY. I'm almost thinking Philly might do something crazy and draft a big man. With that trade they just made losing Dalembert, who knows what they might do.....
Old 06-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

Well the latest is the Kings will select Cousins with pick #5, the Warriors will select Monroe with #6, and the Pistons will select Ed Davis with #7. This is just going to be a crappy draft...... at least for us. The worst thing in the world for Detroit was landing that #7 pick. I still have my fingers crossed hoping one of those other two guys will fall to us....
Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #5
Kombo

I really hope we're aggressive and move up to grab Cousins. I'd really like Monroe, but I don't know if I'd give up pieces to get him and would only take him if he fell.

I feel Detroit would be a perfect spot for Cousins. I believe hard work is contagious and Cousins would be able to play his rookie season under the direction of Ben Wallace, and possibly starting in the front court with Jonas Jerebko.

He doesn't need to become an amazing defender, just get an attitude like Kendrick Perkins: "I'm going to knock you the **** out if you try to don't on me."

His offense game would fit us perfectly. Finally something to go to in the half court. We'd likely have to pull off a trade with Minnesota to get Cousins, and possibly even that could net us Sessions in return.

A Sessions / Cousins pick and roll could be something to grow around as I feel our worst problem is we have no identity right now. No true direction on where we are going.

I'm tired and rambling... whatever happens I'm going to be positive so this doesn't ruin my summer :).
Old 06-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

I hear ya Kombo. I really feel like Cousins would fit in perfect here. We (Detroit fans) tend to like big guys with a little attitude (Sheed, Laimbeer, Big Ben, etc). I think Cousins has that. He's actually nearly came out and said his first choice is Detroit. If we couldn't get him then I'd like Monroe too. It really looks like neither will fall to us though.

I honestly don't know what Golden State is thinking. If I was a GS fan I would be so upset with the way they are running their team. They just traded their 2nd leading scorer in Maggette. They said they had too many SF's. He was really their only true SF. Morrow is a SG. So now they really need a SF. They already have Randolph at PF (who Nelson should be playing a ton more) and Biedrins at C. They really don't need a top flight big man.

Same with the Kings. How crazy are you to trade for Dalembert, just to draft another C? You guys are thinking you can team up Jason Thompson and Dalembert/Cousins? Dalembert isn't a bad player. Why not get a really good PF to go next to him?

I guess I'm just upset with teams that have certain needs and there are good smaller players in this draft and they're just going to let them go by. I gaurantee you every big man wants to end up in Detroit because any C that gets drafted by them is instantly going to get a chance. If it's Cousins or Monroe they could be opening day starters.

There's one other scenario that would make me happy though. Minnesota is talking about drafting a big man too (which they don't need it's the only position they are good at). That means either Jefferson or Love become available. They want a veteran to put along with their younger guys. I would give up Rip or Tay in a heartbeat for Jefferson or Love. Both of those guys are double/double guys. Jefferson is more of a C and the most likely of the two to get traded. If we ended up with him that's a great off season in my eyes. Having him with Charlie/Jerebko would be a formidable front line. We'd still have that terrible contract of BG's that would limit us for some time but there's no team that will take that from us.

ok, I rambled too much too. I'm getting too worked up over this draft. It's just if it goes badly, we might be back in the lottery again....
Old 06-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #7
Kombo

I've been reading some trade rumors tonight the Kahn offered Jefferson for Prince and our 7th.

I think he's asking a little much, but if they could somehow sweeten the deal (throw in their 16th) I'd bite.

The issue I see with it is we could not play Charlie and Al next to each other for extended minutes due to defensive issues.

The best part is that our two main building blocks, Stuckey and Jefferson, should peak at the same time together, entering their likely primes in 2 years. If that hypothetical 16th could some how net us Cole Aldrich, I'd be very happy with this draft. Even a Avery Bradley would be alright if we moved Hamilton this season, essentially replacing Aaron Afflalo who we stupidly gave away.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Wow, Prince and the 7th is too much for Jefferson. I was thinking about this a bit and does anyone remember back in the day when I said we should trade Sheed (and our draft pick, whatever else) before he leaves and move up to draft Brook Lopez? All the Pistons fans thought I was crazy but we certainly wouldn't have any big man issues had that happened.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Well, I can quit worrying now. I'm very happy that Monroe fell to us at 7. I'm sure Monroe is much happier with his team than Cousins is. The centers definitely wanted to end up in Detroit because they will get their chance right away there.

When Kuester was talking about the pick he was saying he expects big things from Stuckey this year. He made it sound like Stuckey had the keys to the team now. It really doesn't sound like Rip and Tay are part of the future because the other people he mentioned were Jerebko and Daye. I think Detroit will probably do their best to trade Rip or Tay at this point.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #10
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You landed Terrico White. The Pistons got a steal, he can become something rather special.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

I like him but I'm not sure how he fits in. One of Detroits issues is the team is all SF's and SG's. I'm not sure how this guy is even going to make the team. Even if they traded Rip he'd still have a hard time. I guess Joe D was going with who he thought the best available was but I would have rather rolled the dice on another big man. If he just drafted all centers and hoped that one worked out I'd be ok with that.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #12
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think Dumars wants to give everyone a bit of a re-evaluation in the SG/SF department, and try to use players as chips and keep the best. This is not a bad rebuilding scenario, and it's a fast track way into the playoffs again.

At the start of the season, I had Terrico as a lottery pick. His problem was that he was asked to learn the point, when he was so far from being a PG. Every scout made a fuss over it, and TBH he didn't have the best teachers to get him there mid-development. He could very well become an all-star SG if someone with half a brain uses him for the skills he has, and not tear him down for being a SG that isn't a combo guard at any level.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #13
dd24
College superstar

It sounded as if the Pistons wanted to use him as a combo guard, so hopefully he's learning the PG spot fast. After hearing a few of Kuesters interviews today though, it really is Stuckey's team. They are expecting big things out of him at PG (not SG) this year. The good sign is he's already working on his game. And it's not like Stuckey wasn't our best player by far last year.

I think with Monroe we really have a more complete roster. It's the first time since 2004 when Big Ben was in his prime that we've had a legit center. Of course that is if the kid lives up to his hype. I'm excited for summer league now.

I think the one position that scares me the most now is PF. I like Jerebko a lot but he still has some learning to do. I like what Charlie can do offensively. I'm just really scared about what the interior defense could be potentially. It would be nice if we could trade Rip or Tay with Charlie and get a really good PF like a Boozer. This whole free agent thing is really going to mess up the Pistons chances of making a trade until one of the teams with cap space doesn't get the FA's they were looking for and decides to take on salary to fill out their roster. Then Detroit will make a move and dump a bad contract like Rips.... or better yet BG
Old 06-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #14
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

We did GREAT!.....I like both picks. I figured we would take a guard with the second pick and not another big. I know we didn't need another guard, but still.....you never know with trades before the season starts.

Once all the big names get moved around, those teams with a loss will have a need to replace those guys (as best they can).
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:15 AM   #15
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool

Highly excited for both picks, especially Monroe. I can't wait for the season to start.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: