Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant's Cheap Shot on Mo Williams

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    People act like most of the greats werent filthy players. Bird, Jordan, Thomas, all of those dudes were all dirty players to a degree. If you cant swim, you sure as hell will be caught up sinking.

I think the refs need to be checked. And Mo needs to get his inner ear checked, because the hit wasnt that insanely hard.
    He pretty clearly got the wind knocked out of him, which can be pretty painful and debilitating for a minute or two and it takes a little time to recover. I'm sure that we've all been there. It isn't a fun feeling that you can just 'run off.'

Too much is being made about this incident. It was a dirty play, but nothing worthy of a 15-page debate. A fine may be in order, but outside of that, this issue should be dead. There is far more discussion about this play than has been the actual game, which is too bad.

The Cavs are playing great ball right now... Destroyed the Rockets tonight. I don't claim to be a perfect prognosticator, but I did predict that it would take about 25 games for this team to get completely comfortable playing with one another (check the old threads).

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba24
    wasnt a cheap shot...kobe's a classy guy...possibly the goat in that category
    people who rape other people are not classy

(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^) big baller's Avatar

Just because Kobe was not getting his fouls called he takes out the cavs best player that quarter :rollseyes:

I love the lakers, but Kobe really knows how to be a super douche.

Ask a black dude ThePointGuard11's Avatar

People act like most of the greats werent filthy players. Bird, Jordan, Thomas, all of those dudes were all dirty players to a degree. If you cant swim, you sure as hell will be caught up sinking.

I think the refs need to be checked. And Mo needs to get his inner ear checked, because the hit wasnt that insanely hard.
    You're right they were, as were Karl Malone and John Stockton...it's ol' school at its finest the thing I hate most about Kobe's game is those in the post elbows he throws, he'd mess around and get his @$$ whooped throwing those on the playground.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMamba24
    wasnt a cheap shot...kobe's a classy guy...possibly the goat in that category
    This has to be a joke....right?

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Sad state of affairs for today's NBA fan when things like this get this much of a response. People crying for suspensions over nonsense.

No one was hurt, so why is everyone crying? If it had been Kobe on the ground, I would have said the same thing....I probably would have been like "hmmm, Kobe needs to not get knocked down like that next time"

Some of you need to cut the crying sh*t out. I'll tell you like this....you come to a pickup game with my buddies, and I...and you act like that? You're going to leave the game pissed off. We throw people on the ground from time to time.
    Please, spare me the "it's part of the game" attitude. Where were you last year in the WCF when Dahntay Jones deliberately tripped Kobe? It's the same thing and I'll be damned if you weren't like every other Laker fan demanding a suspension when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    Please, spare me the "it's part of the game" attitude. Where were you last year in the WCF when Dahntay Jones deliberately tripped Kobe? It's the same thing and I'll be damned if you weren't like every other Laker fan demanding a suspension when it happened.

See the problem with this argument is because you see the Laker avatar, and you see that im a fan, you deliberately assume my stand point on things, based on a sweeping generalization that you, and some others have in YOUR OWN MINDS about what you BELIEVE Lakers fans think.

It serves your own purposes better when trying to argue a point. If you BELIEVE that we only take a stand when something is AGAINST a Laker, rather than it being the other way around, then it makes it easier to argue this silly point altogether.

The fact is, with the exception of someone flat out THROWING A PUNCH at another player, I could care less about players getting shoved, tripped, etc.

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

Just when I was starting to respect the guy, he goes and makes me feel dumb.

I'm gonna go watch that Raja Bell clothesline a few times, that always helps.

Reasons a dirty play can be forgiven\somewhat justified

1) in retaliation for someone else's dirty play
    2) in defense of a teammate (best reason)
    3) in the context of a highly contentious, bitter and physically intense rivalry

Reasons a dirty play makes you a total douchebag

1) I'm not getting my calls
    2) My team is losing
    3) I'm not playing well
    4) I'm not shooting well

Which category does Kobe fall into?

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

I get the frusteration he felt. But that was a cheap shot. Him running into mo, and elbowing him in the throat. You just dont do that.. Its not anything else than disrespecting the game.

Good High School Starter Splitz77's Avatar

See the problem with this argument is because you see the Laker avatar, and you see that im a fan, you deliberately assume my stand point on things, based on a sweeping generalization that you, and some others have in YOUR OWN MINDS about what you BELIEVE Lakers fans think.

It serves your own purposes better when trying to argue a point. If you BELIEVE that we only take a stand when something is AGAINST a Laker, rather than it being the other way around, then it makes it easier to argue this silly point altogether.

The fact is, with the exception of someone flat out THROWING A PUNCH at another player, I could care less about players getting shoved, tripped, etc.
    Okay. so your saying throwing an elbow is okay? Thats ****ing stupid. So lets say, that right after opening tip, Kobe just intentionally goes out and elbows let say Mo Williams right in the face. Intentionally, like a full out elbow to the face, like he actually wants to fight. Your okay with that cause its not a punch???Thats the stupidest **** I have ever heard..

I rule the local playground kap's Avatar

i like that shove. no cry babies in the nba please.

just so you dont say "omg laker fan this laker fan that"

i also loved the clothesline by raja bell. if you can't take a hit like that getting paid millions of dolalrs, gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by kap
    i like that shove. no cry babies in the nba please.

just so you dont say "omg laker fan this laker fan that"

i also loved the clothesline by raja bell. if you can't take a hit like that getting paid millions of dolalrs, gtfo
    Well just a little education for you, any player does this to Kobe, its an automatic suspension...Quit the bravado crap, your homerism reeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrofir
    Just when I was starting to respect the guy, he goes and makes me feel dumb.

I'm gonna go watch that Raja Bell clothesline a few times, that always helps.

Reasons a dirty play can be forgiven\somewhat justified

1) in retaliation for someone else's dirty play
    2) in defense of a teammate (best reason)
    3) in the context of a highly contentious, bitter and physically intense rivalry

Reasons a dirty play makes you a total douchebag

1) I'm not getting my calls
    2) My team is losing
    3) I'm not playing well
    4) I'm not shooting well

Which category does Kobe fall into?
    I couldn't of put it any better, great post

I don't think any Kobe fan is gonna touch this one

Decent college freshman

kobe's trying to act like he didn't see mo fails on so many levels. come to think of it, it kinda goes hand in hand with kobe failing to disguise his "no look" passes