Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

Default Re: Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Buttlefly album is out. it's Alright...

lol, every time a new release from a major rapper comes out, we have all of these "it's ight, but def not as good as [insert rapper's last album]" type of comments from people on the internet. Every ****ing time. So predictable.

Y'all are gonna be praisin' the sh*t outta this by the time Kendrick's next album drops.

Anyway, I'm lovin' it so far, but then again, I'm a sucker for tha funk. Lyrics are great, but the real appeal of the album lies in its production. I already prefer it to gkMc.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    lol, every time a new release from a major rapper comes out, we have all of these "it's ight, but def not as good as [insert rapper's last album]" type of comments from people on the internet. Every ****ing time. So predictable.

Y'all are gonna be praisin' the sh*t outta this by the time Kendrick's next album drops.

Anyway, I'm lovin' it so far, but then again, I'm a sucker for tha funk. Lyrics are great, but the real appeal of the album lies in its production. I already prefer it to gkMc.
    Youre dumb af. J Cole album was fire

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    PMed.
    PM me please, I don't have spotify

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

I'd rather have an artist who does different styles. Section 80, GKMC, and TPAB are all different. Each one for a different occasion.

All of J.Cole's shit sounds the same, and I liked FHD2014 a lot. Same with Drake, even though his latest release was fire too.

All in all Kendrick could have done another version of GKMC, made millions, got critical acclaim and appeased all the banger lovers, but he wanted to do it in his own way, and I'd rather have an artist do what he wants and make it great than just succumb to pressure. He's still the best rapper alive. No question about it.

Now him and J. Cole need to start working on that full collab album.

We still got Kanye and Drake to go, along with a shitton of other artists.

Doris > TPAB

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Youre dumb af. J Cole album was fire
    It was aight

Killer Mike and El-P >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> J Cole and Drake's garbage asses

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Lol @ calling J. Cole garbage.

Cole is the best rapper alive, with Kendrick right behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Lol @ calling J. Cole garbage.

Cole is the best rapper alive, with Kendrick right behind him.
    Cole is nice. But he's not the best rapper alive and it's not really that close. Drake and Kanye are clearly above him.

For me right now it's:

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Kanye
    4. J. Cole
    5. Pusha T

J Cole is easily the best rapper out of those you listed. I wouldnt say he has the best songs though.

Kendrick second, although he can sometimes reach a level Cole never does. Pusha T third. Drake and Kanye are pretty meh at rapping. But they probably put out the best music overall.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Cole is nice. But he's not the best rapper alive and it's not really that close. Drake and Kanye are clearly above him.

For me right now it's:

1. Kendrick
    2. Drake
    3. Kanye
    4. J. Cole
    5. Pusha T
    No, here's the actual list.

I know it's subjective and all, but i'm never wrong.

1. J. Cole
    2. Kendrick Lamar
    3. Drake
    4. Big K.R.I.T
    5. Chris Brown

How can you even compare Cole to Kendrick. Cole hasn't come close to tackling the issues that Kendrick does with his music. Cole is a typical mainstream rapper. All of his shit prior to Forest Hills Drive was boring.

There is nobody out there who could pull off To Pimp a Butterfly and the messages in those lyrics but Kendrick. He is the best, most versatile rapper alive right now.

Kendrick
    Rest doesn't matter.

How can you even compare Cole to Kendrick. Cole hasn't come close to tackling the issues that Kendrick does with his music. Cole is a typical mainstream rapper. All of his shit prior to Forest Hills Drive was boring.

There is nobody out there who could pull off To Pimp a Butterfly and the messages in those lyrics but Kendrick. He is the best, most versatile rapper alive right now.
    No debate.

I'd say on any random song, J Cole's rapping will be better than Kendricks. But your right, Kendrick can reach a level that Cole never does. Or at least does on a lesser extent.

To Pimp a Butterfly was good. But more so for the production, message, and feels, than Kendricks rapping.