Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
therammingman
National High School Star

Default tonights homeland episode

wtf?????????????????????????????????
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Default Re: tonights homeland episode

seriously wtf its like the 3rd episode...I am curious wtf they are gonna do from here
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
therammingman
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
seriously wtf its like the 3rd episode...I am curious wtf they are gonna do from here

agreed 100%....i posted this elsewhere after tonight's episode.

wtf??????????????????????????? What the fck is happening to this show all of a sudden? It was a full season of slow movement and buildup and in the first few episodes of this season they have completely reversed the course of the show. They needed to drag out his secret longer.....in 2 episodes, they took a complete detour. WTF?????????????? I am not really happy....this was my fav show on tv after season 1.....they ruined my fav show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone else feel this way???
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #4
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Thats the good thing about this show, everytime you think something is going to happen something else happens, it's what makes this show great, you should be happy they did that instead of being like every other predictable show.

I don't know what is going to happen but I am glad they threw me for that loop.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:47 AM   #5
Rojogaqu11
I rule the local playground

Best show on TV. Only downside is I'm getting tired of the daughter scenes. Really annoying and meddling daughter screwing everything up.
Rojogaqu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Carrie ****ing blew it. She was brought back in to the CIA, proven right about Brody, and was on a manic high. She couldn't stop herself.

She just destroyed the entire operation. The tape says nothing. It's vague statements that aren't near prosecutable for a Congressman. There's no actual evidence that Brody's a terrorist.

I don't know what the next step is but Brody being rooted out is dead.

This show depicts Carrie's mental illness extremely well.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #7
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

This has been a great show to fill my Breaking Bad void. Better than I expected. I'm not sure how I feel about how fast the story has progressed, but it could be a much better alternative to drawing the story out depending on how they execute it.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:54 AM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

I couldn't have cared less about Claire Danes before this show but I hope her much deserved Emmy wins makes people notice her. She ****ing destroys this show.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #9
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by therammingman
agreed 100%....i posted this elsewhere after tonight's episode.

wtf??????????????????????????? What the fck is happening to this show all of a sudden? It was a full season of slow movement and buildup and in the first few episodes of this season they have completely reversed the course of the show. They needed to drag out his secret longer.....in 2 episodes, they took a complete detour. WTF?????????????? I am not really happy....this was my fav show on tv after season 1.....they ruined my fav show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone else feel this way???

Why don't you give them a little credit? I'm sure they have a few other tricks up their sleeve? Any one trust Estes? Is he somehow going to quash this?
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:34 AM   #10
yobore
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rojogaqu11
Best show on TV. Only downside is I'm getting tired of the daughter scenes. Really annoying and meddling daughter screwing everything up.
I really don't mind those scenes compared to other shows. The girl isn't that annoying, normally they make the teenager too angsty to sympathize with (see Revolution), she started out like that, but it's much easier now.

I can't believe people would complain the plot is not dragged out enough. It's a TV series that moves with movie pace, I like it. Jericho Season 2 was the same way they didn't play around and drag stuff out like most shows.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
I really don't mind those scenes compared to other shows. The girl isn't that annoying, normally they make the teenager too angsty to sympathize with (see Revolution), she started out like that, but it's much easier now.

I can't believe people would complain the plot is not dragged out enough. It's a TV series that moves with movie pace, I like it. Jericho Season 2 was the same way they didn't play around and drag stuff out like most shows.
Agreed. If they played it out to where the daughter's scenes got like a third of the episode or something I'd see the complaint. But if someone put the daughter's scenes altogether tonight she probably got like 6 minutes of screen time. And both the young actors are solid, far as teenage actors go anyway, that relationship's clearly building to a quick plot point.

Anyway, far as the sideplots, sort of feel like the stuff with Brody's ex-platoon members it too condensed. It makes sense but only because the guy with the crutches (Lauter right?) is a potential McGuffin. Every scene he's ever had in the series is to advance a plot point. His only motivation is "Brody seems weird and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it!" basically.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:52 AM   #12
KevinNYC
Perfectly Calm, Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Agreed. If they played it out to where the daughter's scenes got like a third of the episode or something I'd see the complaint. But if someone put the daughter's scenes altogether tonight she probably got like 6 minutes of screen time. And both the young actors are solid, far as teenage actors go anyway, that relationship's clearly building to a quick plot point.

Anyway, far as the sideplots, sort of feel like the stuff with Brody's ex-platoon members it too condensed. It makes sense but only because the guy with the crutches (Lauter right?) is a potential McGuffin. Every scene he's ever had in the series is to advance a plot point. His only motivation is "Brody seems weird and I'm gonna get to the bottom of it!" basically.

I'm glad they have pretty much dropped the scenes with the son. It's like they wrote them for 6 year old and cast an 11 year old.

Also you're getting Rep for your use of McGuffin, but I don't think he is a McGuffin, he has already gotten Mike to start thinking about the questions he is asking.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:31 AM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
I'm glad they have pretty much dropped the scenes with the son. It's like they wrote them for 6 year old and cast an 11 year old.

Also you're getting Rep for your use of McGuffin, but I don't think he is a McGuffin, he has already gotten Mike to start thinking about the questions he is asking.
Right, I did say potential, and thinking about it a bit more this is too good a show to have threads lead to dead ends, can't think of one that's happened but it's a young show. That's the thing, whether it's well done or not , every scene of the show at least has a sliver of plot development. There's nothing wasted. That's been a serious breath of fresh air.

Guess it just stems from the platoon members not being all that fleshed out. Course, we got nothing but time now and now there's a like minded thinker with at least a bit of pull (read: not a disillusioned drunk).
Old 10-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #14
Blue&Orange
NBA rookie of the year

I started to see the show last week, downloaded all the episodes and watched a couple everyday, last episode of the first season was brutal. Yesterday i watched all the episodes form the second season.

It's great to watch to a great TV show like that, the worst part is when you catch up and have to wait like everybody else.
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
Rojogaqu11
I rule the local playground

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore

Ya I guess I exaggerated a little bit. In a sense she saved the whole story with the phone call last season. But sometimes it feels like she's too curious for her own good. I gotta remind myself this is fiction, the acting is too convincing. :p
Rojogaqu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: