Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Laxlen's Avatar

Default Re: Discuss losing LeBron James from the Cleveland Cavaliers perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Toronto is gonna be a whole 'nother brand of awful.

At least the Cavs have won playoff rounds and even been to the Finals.

Poor Raptor fans had that one run in like 2001 and basically nothing since.
    I see the Raptors in the same spot as last season playing for a playoff spot on the last day of the regular season.

Colangelo is fighting for his job, it's playoffs or bust for him and if a bunch of hungry kids grow and learn through the off nights a .500 record is feasible.

Banned

Default Re: Cavs fans will finally see...

Nah I'll still acknowledge that Lebron gets some stupid call...

Seriously, why must he come to Miami!?!?!

You mean the same way Orlando fans are blind to all the favorable calls Dwight gets ?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
    Nah I'll still acknowledge that Lebron gets some stupid call...

Seriously, why must he come to Miami!?!?!
    Congrats on becoming the most hated city in all of basketball

College superstar

Default Re: Byron Scott

Quote Originally Posted by twolvesfan

same look when he has to turn to Mo Williams or Side Show Bob for the winning shot!

Default Re: Discuss losing LeBron James from the Cleveland Cavaliers perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time
    I can't believe that the Cavs' fans burned LeBron James jerseys. The same jersey of the same player they loved and whose dick they rode all the time. LeBron gave his best shot and fought for that team every game, but the managers failed to give him a better supporting cast.
    Cavs:
    PG: Mo Williams/Daniel Gibson/Sebastian Telfair
    SG: A.Parker/Delonte West
    SF: Antawn Jamison/Jamario Moon/Daniel Green
    PF: JJ Hickson/Leon Powe/Jawad Williams
    C: A.Varejao/

Ohio-folks are very upset. Sometimes they forget it is a business not just a sport. If LeBron at age 35 has many injures and isn't the same player he wants was like Tracy McGrady,the Cavs will shop him in a heartbeat. Organizations and fans aren't loyal to players, so they don't have to be loyal back.

You have to build this organization from stratch. Tank this year and hope you strike gold on Harrison Barnes. Then the next season strike gold again player in the biggest potential ever in Perry Jones. It's 2012, OJ Mayo is a restricted free agent. Get him, he is a ohio native, that played his high school ball here and loves the state of Ohio.

Now you have a nice young starting 4 nucleus that can compete for rings in the near future

PF: JJ Hickson
    SF: Perry Jones
    SG: Harrison Barnes
    PG: OJ Mayo

Learning to shoot layups

Horrible. Add LeBron's public dump to the list of why Cleveland sports teams are cursed. I don't think they're surprised he left; it was obvious that Miami and Chicago offered a better chance to win. However, the way he went about it turned even the most loyal Cavaliers fans against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxlen
    I see the Raptors in the same spot as last season playing for a playoff spot on the last day of the regular season.

Colangelo is fighting for his job, it's playoffs or bust for him and if a bunch of hungry kids grow and learn through the off nights a .500 record is feasible.
    Colangelo will be fighting for his job but realistically what can he do? He has like 5-6 huge long-term contracts that nobody would touch.
    Turkoglu stepping up? He already quit on the team, and wants to be traded.
    Try trading Turkoglu, nobody will take him on that contract. If Colangelo manages to trade away all or most of those terrible long term contracts I will give him GM of even though Riley brought together the new big 3.

How can you imagine the Toronto near .500? Have you looked at their roster?

Banned

Cleveland is just full of losers living in a shity place who are bitter. Like they thought lebron was part of a family? please he s a ****ing multimillionaire sport athlete.
    They should have known better and they shouldnt have been sucking on his **** so much.

Their over the top deception is proportionnal to their over the top love for the guy.
    All this story smelled insanity, and affective dependency. And you wonder why he left. He got sick of carrying the weight of a city full of losers with nothing in life but his achievements. He got sick of people living viacarously thru him.

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

Mo Williams better step up.

Learning to shoot layups

Ohio-folks are very upset. Sometimes they forget it is a business not just a sport. If LeBron at age 35 has many injures and isn't the same player he wants was like Tracy McGrady,the Cavs will shop him in a heartbeat. Organizations and fans aren't loyal to players, so they don't have to be loyal back.
    The thing is I don't understand why Cleveland fans are blaming just Lebron. Because as far as I'm concerned if I were them, I'd blame the management for losing him in someways. Don't get me wrong, I realize they bent over backwards to give Lebron everything he wanted-but it was everything accept rings. Instead of letting a player make these types of decisions they should have hired people who knew what they were doing and worked at finding Lebron at least a good no 2 option. Look at how San Antonio got Parker and Ginobli years ago through good scouting.

The fact is its not the players job to just stay no matter what, its also the managements job to convince the player that they are capable of building a championship team. I don't blame Lebron one bit for deciding he'd be better off not only with Wade and Bosh, but he'd also be much better of with someone like Pat Riley running the show.

This is Lebron's life. That boy spent years of his life getting to the level he's at, and as Kevin Garnett said ,he'll never get his youth back. Cleveland could perhaps get lucky in a draft, or with some sort of sports team, but Lebron has a very narrow window. Don't get me wrong, Lebron was a jerk for the way he broke things up. But I think people need to realize that Lebron earned the right to make a good career decision.

LeBron needs to fill one of these out for the state of Ohio....

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Congrats on becoming the most hated city in all of basketball

LA would like to say thanks!

From a Cavs perspective it's clearly horrible.

But they screwed up with Lebron. They let him run the team from day 1.

The had no way to develop a "Robin" with the way he plays, and the way they let him play from the start.

Another mistake they made was not having a plan to develop players along side him (although see the above, it probably wouldn't have mattered anyways). Danny Ferry showed up in "win now" mode and from 05 on they kept adding crappy vets.

Overall Cleveland screwed up. The handed a 19 year old the keys to the castle. Never had a solid long range plan to build a team around him. They gave him everyone he wanted they could get, as if a young kid is a good GM just because he can play.

I do feel sorry for the Cavs fans though. The way he left was about the worst I've ever seen.

Keep ya head up, still got KiD CuDi!