Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Bennett = Best player in this draft and ROY

See: Beasly, Derrick Williams

I hope the wiz don't draft him.

He has an interesting skill set. We need to see if he can punish average sized sf's in the post consistently
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 06-20-2013 at 10:28 AM.

He is much heavier and stronger than tweeners that have come before him, so I think he has a legit chance of being a good, maybe even great PF.

Will need to quickly get down more PF skills before he can ever dream of becoming a star as of yet, but with his unique skill set and NBA ready body, dude can make an impact straight away.

Alex Len is the best player in the draft.

He said his standing reach is 8'9" which is short for a 4.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Alex Len is the best player in the draft.

Len is the most overhyped player in the draft. His advanced stats suck, he already has a stress fracture in his ankle, and if he isn't getting fed the ball he just disappears. Bonus: He's a sh*tty rebounder.

He's going to have a better rookie year than Noel but i think Len's ceiling is a mediocre starting center. Cody Zeller and Steven Adams both have a decent chance of turning out to be the better prospect than Len.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Len is the most overhyped player in the draft. His advanced stats suck, he already has a stress fracture in his ankle, and if he isn't getting fed the ball he just disappears. Bonus: He's a sh*tty rebounder.

He's going to have a better rookie year than Noel but i think Len's ceiling is a mediocre starting center. Cody Zeller and Steven Adams both have a decent chance of turning out to be the better prospect than Len.
    Depending on when Noel comes back, I'd be sort of surprised if Len was better than him out of the gates. Len is considered a project himself and he doesn't have any one skill close to as refined as Noel's shot-blocking. If Noel does come back around Christmas and is completely healthy for the 2014 portion of the regular season, I think he will immediately cause problems around the rim for opponents.

I just don't see Len really shining in any aspect right out of the gates. He's very raw, really on both ends of the floor.

And that stress fracture really bothers me. I'm actually more concerned about that than I am Noel's ACL. Stress fractures can get very tricky, especially for a guy that big.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 06-20-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Depending on when Noel comes back, I'd be sort of surprised if Len was better than him out of the gates. Len is considered a project himself and he doesn't have any one skill close to as refined as Noel's shot-blocking. If Noel does come back around Christmas and is completely healthy for the 2014 portion of the regular season, I think he will immediately cause problems around the rim for opponents.

I just don't see Len really shining in any aspect right out of the gates. He's very raw, really on both ends of the floor.

And that stress fracture really bothers me. I'm actually more concerned about that than I am Noel's ACL. Stress fractures can get very tricky, especially for a guy that big.
    Its amazing how many people have issues with noel because he MIGHT have structural damage in his knee (with no evidence whatsoever to back that up) but people seem to totally dismiss the fact that len actually has structural issues with his ankle!

Injuries aside the advance metrics seal the deal for me. Noel's consistently are best in the class, while Len's are consistently mediocre to poor.

I wasn't interested at Len when we were picking at 8. I watched him several times and he frequently seemed disinterested on both ends. Very weak motor.

I would be shocked if the Cavs take him at 1. If the Wizards take him....

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I really like Bennett, but I've got concerns about the tweenerishness as well. Although mine are more at the other end. I don't see any way he can consistently guard SFs, especially in a league that's getting smaller.

But I have said in my big mock draft that I do think he's the best Bucket Getter in this draft. He will get points. The Rodney Rogers comp is very reasonable, and although Rogers had only a good pro career, not great, he lasted a long time as a guy who could create mismatches at one end. And it's not a knock. Rogers was nothing short of a great college player.

You guys should check out the mock draft I posted in the Draft Forum. It's a little dated now because I did it before the ping pong balls came out, but it still has a rough take on almost all the prospects from the info available at the time. And there's enough there that you can certainly find something to call me a moron for if you like! Very exciting stuff.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=300450

Not airballing my layups anymore

I hope the Bobcats/Hornets get him

Banned

1st pick!

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Woooooo

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Woooooo
    Winner!

NBA Finals

Pros: Scorer, wont be a starter but he'll bring a lot of energy off the bench as 6th/7th man, physical dude, not afraid to post up and move you around, somewhat athletic, can finish in transition.

Cons: Tweener [we al know how those tend turn out], defense may or may not be there, idk about his lateral quickness, [and if you cant play D you cant play for Mike Brown].

He's only 6'7/6'8. If he shapes up his body he'll fit the mold of a SF and should be a pretty good starter one day.

Bennett, then Wiggins... Canada makin' US look like straight-up basketball clowns.

Naismith FTW