Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It's ugly ass B.Walton

Default Re: Where would Kobe 2003 rank in today's league

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Did they lace your weed or something? Wtf is this shit? Adjusted for league average?
    It's another way of saying "relative to leauge average" which is a legitimate method to evaluate players. Basically, in 03, the league was playing at a slower pace and defenses were at their peaks. League average efficiency obviously took a hit because of that. Kobe had a TS% of 55, which is okay in today's league, which is averaging around 53-54TS%. Back in the days, the league as a whole shot around 51 TS%, though, which makes Kobe's numbers more impressive.

55 TS% in 03 = 57 TS% now

And that's not adjusting for the fact that he not only played tougher defenses, but also played in the handcheck-era and teams like the Pistons and Spurs used to get away with murder on the court.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    It's another way of saying "relative to leauge average" which is a legitimate method to evaluate players. Basically, in 03, the league was playing at a slower pace and defenses were at their peaks. League average efficiency obviously took a hit because of that. Kobe had a TS% of 55, which is okay in today's league, which is averaging around 53-54TS%. Back in the days, the league as a whole shot around 51 TS%, though, which makes Kobe's numbers more impressive.

55 TS% in 03 = 57 TS% now

And that's not adjusting for the fact that he not only played tougher defenses, but also played in the handcheck-era and teams like the Pistons and Spurs used to get away with murder on the court.
    Actually, that's exactly what it's doing.

Typically, the only people saying he'd be the best are Laker fans, or Lebron haters. Most level headed people know he'd either be 2nd or 3rd.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

The debate between him and Durant is an interesting one. I could be swayed either way. I'm not sure who i'd take....

Saw a basketball once

Third after Melo and Bron.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Typically, the only people saying he'd be the best are Laker fans, or Lebron haters. Most level headed people know he'd either be 2nd or 3rd.
    Why do Heat/Lebron homers always pull the "I'm an objective and level headed fan" card? You're just as biased as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Why do Heat/Lebron homers always pull the "I'm an objective and level headed fan" card? You're just as biased as anyone else.
    I'm making an observation. It has literally only been Lakers fans that have said he'd be the obvious best. Every other impartial person has said 2nd or 3rd.

I think most people recognize that prime Bron is a better player than prime Kobe.

Difference is, I thought Bron was the best in the league even when he was my least favourite player while playing for the Cavs.