Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: What is John Wall nba comparsion. How good can he be

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    I see the hype, hes not like Rondo or westbrook.

Hes a combo guard in the NBA. guy who can effectively play both areas. athletic but not a freak, skinny but will put sum weight on. good shot but not dead eye, great handles but not a pure passer like Rondo,Nash,Paul.

Sounds like Jamal Crawford when he came out. Crawford had a sick cross over, and drives to the basket when he first came in the league. I see John Wall like him with a slightly higher BBall IQ.

Had to write something cause obviously U haven't seen the Kid Play.. Unless somehow BLAZING FAST and BIG TIME HOPS don't qualify as a Freak at the PG position. He will be in the Discussion as the Fastest Player in the NBA with the Ball..

Better Recognize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk97TCxsPxg
    Last edited by Kingwillball; 05-05-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    Why is Crawford such a hard comparison coming out? Ive seen plenty of Wall since I go to College in KY.

Dwayne Wade didnt have the handles that Wall has. and Wades body even when skinnier was more solid than Wall.
    He doesnt have blazing speed like Rose,AI and Wade was more athletic.
    Jamal Crawford had a lot of game when he first came out.

Look at them both play and his skills are that of Jamal Crawford who is the prototype Combo guard.

even the slashing style is a younger more explosive Crawford.

I think some of you were underrating how talented Crawford was before injuries and problems. Wall isnt exactly a high character guy and has been in trouble before.

I know he will be a good player in the NBA but hes not going to be that perennial top 10 player.
    Wall doesnt have blazing speed? Kid got from point A to B fast as hell at Kentucky. So fast he was out of control because he played too fast. Similar to a kid holding down the turbo button playing a video game.

And when I recall Jamal in college I dont see John Wall.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

All I have to say, simply the best mix tape ever :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Had to write something cause obviously U haven't seen the Kid Play.. Unless somehow BLAZING FAST and BIG TIME HOPS don't qualify as a Freak at the PG position. He will be in the Discussion as the Fastest Player in the NBA with the Ball..

Better Recognize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk97TCxsPxg
    1:09 looks exactly like wade....

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

The Jamal Crawford comparisons really need to end. Outside of having similar body types and being creative with the ball, the two are different players. Wall is a much better passer, already has better decision making skills, and more potential. Hell 10 years in the NBA, Crawford still can't play off ball. Wall isn't great off-ball, but he's better than Jamal, I can tell you that.

I mentioned Baron Davis and that's who I'm sticking with. Baron was stronger in college, but in terms of skill, athleticism, speed, and size Wall has been comparable in those elements.

Banned

He will NOT be the best player out this draft. Couple years in he will be a top 5 player not even top 3. This guy is unbelievably overrated. Saying he's more athletic then rose? Thats blasphemy. Media comparing him to Magic and Stockton? This guy will most likely be a bust. 3rd or 4th best player on a championship team.

Believe That

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    The Jamal Crawford comparisons really need to end. Outside of having similar body types and being creative with the ball, the two are different players. Wall is a much better passer, already has better decision making skills, and more potential. Hell 10 years in the NBA, Crawford still can't play off ball. Wall isn't great off-ball, but he's better than Jamal, I can tell you that.

I mentioned Baron Davis and that's who I'm sticking with. Baron was stronger in college, but in terms of skill, athleticism, speed, and size Wall has been comparable in those elements.

4 turnovers a game and he's a good decison maker?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    4 turnovers a game and he's a good decison maker?
    Its college...just wait til the NBA when there's actual spacing and open court

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

the voice of the pg generation. an icon in making.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Wall is not an athletic freak. He lacks burst and explosion. He does not get off the ground quick. Moreover, he struggles in the half court set because he does not have a quick first step.

His athleticism is vastly overrated.

This guy is going to be exposed at the Pre-Draft Camp. His standing Vert will be no better than 30 inches. And his max vert will be no better than 36 inches..... 37 tops.

His straightline speed will be good.... but the guy lacks a killa first step.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    Wall is not an athletic freak. He lacks burst and explosion. He does not get off the ground quick. Moreover, he struggles in the half court set because he does not have a quick first step.

This guy is going to be exposed at the Pre-Draft Camp. His standing Vert will be no better than 30 inches. And his max vert will be no better than 36 inches..... 37 tops.

Wow Dude, U just won the Award for the Worst Post in this Thread..Congrats

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

36 inches ? which player have you been watching. He gets his head almost rim level on some dunks on his mixtapes.

40 inches come june at the pre draft camp. If he even elects to do it, because he is the consensus #1 pick, so he might not even workout ala Greg Oden.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    36 inches ? which player have you been watching. He gets his head almost rim on some dunks on his mixtapes.

40 inches come june at the pre draft camp. If he even elects to do it, because he is the consensus #1 pick, so he might not even workout ala Greg Oden.
    No..... he never gets his head rim high. There is one picture like that but he is clearly boosting himself up off the guy in front of him. He is a lowrider. Much like Wade often looks rim high but Wade.... just like Wall... has the huge wingspan. And their dunks look deceiving. But Wall jumps no higher than Wade. Like I said, he will max 37 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    36 inches ? which player have you been watching. He gets his head almost rim level on some dunks on his mixtapes.

I just told the dude he won the award for Worst Post..Everything he Wrote in there was Completely off yet he was writing it with so much Conviction..some People.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5UpQl18OOM

Alot of teams in the NBA play worser defense than this.