Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #16
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ariza to Rockets!

Oh well, at least we still have Sasha.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #17
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Less money for a garbage team when we offered more money. Wheres the "no appreciation" in that?

Yeah, I don't understand what the hell happened with that. Either Ariza was a complete moron or he should be firing his agent right now. The Lakers were offering slightly more per year with 2 years less than Rockets. In the short-run, the Lakers were actually offering more money if you think about it, but I guess Ariza was looking for some long-term deal. I am sure he could have gotten a new contract worth more money in 3 years when the economy is better and a year after the 10-11 FA madness over if he had signed with the Lakers this summer.. Unfortunately, it is too late now, and the decision he made is how it will go. David Lee turns out to be an idiot.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #18
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LOL

Artest for Ariza?? Whoever thinks we aren't totally gipping another team needs to compare these 2 players. We actually upgraded on the defensive end with a 2 time 1st defensive team player as well as 04 defensive player of the year. He gets as much steals as ariza per game and can hit the three just as well too

Good job MItch!!! It's like that Gasol trade all over again. Brilliant front office moves
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:12 AM   #19
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

so what about Odom?? WE BETTER GET HIM BACK, IF MITCH THINKS ARTEST IS BETTER THAN ODOM + ARIZA IS CRAZY
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 01:14 AM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

David Lee needs to be shot... Trevor needs to send that guy packing. the lakers offered him the same package and it could have been six years and the raises are bigger then the 8% he'll get from the rockets...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:03 AM   #21
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Not Trevor's fault he has an idiot for an agent....but damn sucks for him. He won't even be on a bad team getting overpaid either.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:23 AM   #22
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Greedy bastard.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:31 AM   #23
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster

Man, I am really torn over this... I was a huge Ariza fan, def one of my favorite Lakers over the last season.

1) Trevor needs to fire his agent, who we already knew was terrible. He got screwed in this deal. Rockets for the same money, when you could contend for more titles every year and play with Kobe and the Lakers in your hometown where you grew up dreaming of playing.

2) Getting more years is actually a bad move for Ariza since he is losing out at another crack at free agency (and big money, not the MLE) if he continues to improve.

3) Ron Artest is a better player on both sides of the court, and in that respect this move is an upgrade at the small forward. However, Trevor was a perfect fit and the chemistry was great - and we don't know if Artest will fit as well.

GOOD LUCK TREVOR! THX FOR THE MEMORIES, PS: FIRE YOUR AGENT! HE KNEW HE WAS GAMBLING WITH YOUR FUTURE AND THAT NO OTHER TEAM WAS GOING TO GIVE YOU MORE THAN THE MLE, YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE LAKERS FIRST OFFER!
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #24
Kjeldar
Decent playground baller

Kjeldar has an OK reputation so far

I read around somewhere that he left because he knew he wasnt going to see any playing time anytime soon... and that does kinda make sense.
Kjeldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #25
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldar
I read around somewhere that he left because he knew he wasnt going to see any playing time anytime soon... and that does kinda make sense.
??
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:23 AM   #26
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
??

Thats what I was about to say.

IMO. Ariza is IDEAL for the lakers. The current lakers team lacks a player like ariza. A lowkey player who plays good defense, can hit the open shot and can run the floor and rebound.

A guy like Ariza is a BAAAAAAAD fit for the rockets. The rockets didnt need a guy like Ariza. Why/.? They have Shane Battier. They needed a guy like ARtest. A guy that can create his own shot, create for others.

The lakers dont need a guy that can create his own shot. Not with mr Bryant,LO,pau,Bynum on the team. We dont need a guy that takes up a lot of attention.

What the lakers needed, was a guy like ariza. He was the perfect piece to our puzzle. With artest, I'm just afraid he might be too much of a player and quite frankly, the piece might be too big to fit into the missing hole of the lakers' puzzle.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:23 AM   #27
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ariza is a bonehead.

regardless if he felt slighted or not by the Lakers for not ponying up big $$$, the facts remain that there was little cap space out there and only a select few teams could offer him more. And those teams probably were not going to give it to him. its a business. So why should the Lakers overpay for him? At the end of the day his best option was the Lakers. I'm guessing his agent had a lot to do with the feeling slighted, like anything lest than 8-9 mil is a slap in the face. Its such a slap in the face that no other team offered more than the MLE...hmmm.

I have a feeling the Lakers did not want to go more than 3 years at the MLE and frankly I cant blame them. Look at the past MLE signings, Devon George, Luke Walton, Vlad Rad, and Sasha (was a little less than the full MLE). Like the Lakes I feel Ariza still hasnt proved himself yet.

So money wise I get it that Houston will give him two more years.

That might not be in his best interest long term however. With LA he fit the system perfectly. All the attention was paid to Kobe and Pau, and he got to lie in the weeds unnoticed and do his damage. He looks better than he really is individually. Plus he had no pressure on him.

Now he goes to HOU without YAO, Artest, and McGrady. I expect him to struggle in that enviornment as he'll have more pressure on him and in a system where he will have to do more.

If he had stayed with the Lakers for 3 years, he would look and produce better due to the systems and surrounding players and could have tried for another big payday at that time. Instead, as I stated earlier he'll struggle and look bad because of the higher expectations I dont think he can get to with that team. So after this deal expires its doubtful he's going to get a big deal.

Anyways when its all said and done, I say Ariza was a good player for the Lakers,had a great playoff run, but was expendable. You never overpay for role players.

As much as I am not an Artest fan, he will fill the role fine. With Kobe and Pau they dont need a stud, they just need a role player and perferablly one that plays defense at SF.

LO is much more important. If they get him signed its a succefull offseason.

I never thought I'd see Artest in a Laker uni, geez, I'm hoping he proves me wrong and fits in.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:32 AM   #28
SYM86
I hit open layups

SYM86 has no real reputation yet.

Good Luck Trevor. you were the best last season, I wish we can keep you but I don't want to pay too much for our hot dogs and beer in staple center too.
SYM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #29
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

He's my favorite. To bad Lakers cheapen out on him.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #30
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
He's my favorite. To bad Lakers cheapen out on him.

How much do you really think he is worth? I honestly think Ariza is a better overall fit for this team, but given the market for him and given he is essentially just a role player, it was probably really hard for the Lakers to give him 7-8 mil when they knew they could get Artest for less years and at a lower cost. His agent screwed him. Played hardball and got owned. Best of luck to him, but this is his agents fault
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: