Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star LilEddyCurry's Avatar

Default Re: when D Rose shakes off the rust, he will be the best player in the league.

Even in his MVP season he was not even in the top 5 best players in the league

Default Re: when D Rose shakes off the rust, he will be the best player in the league.

Durant this past season put up 37/6/6/2/1 on 69% TS over a month, and 33/8/6/2/1 on 65% TS over 4 months en route to the MVP...

...and most people still have him at #2.

Rose would have to score like prime AI with Lebron-level efficiency and pass like prime Nash to be the clear best in the world..

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    I got no beef with that.

I just hope as an NBA fan, you give him a chance when it's not based off FIBA.

Let's see if he can stay healthy and what he does with the Bulls first.
    Rose was one of my favourite players to watch

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    And that version of Rose isn't even remotely close to the current versions of Durant and LeBron, so what the hell makes you think even a rust free Rose, fresh off two major surgeries, is going to be that good or better?

Slow down. Rose's team went down 4-1 to the Heat in 2011, just like KD's team in the finals a year later. Rose had the lesser talented teams in comparison to both the Thunder and Heat. Westbrook/Harden and Wade/Bosh as sidekicks? Yeah.

He was only 22. The injuries and time he's been away have really warped peoples memory on how good Rose was. His ceiling was unknown and will remain that way possibly forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Slow down. Rose's team went down 4-1 to the Heat in 2011, just like KD's team in the finals a year later. Rose had the lesser talented teams in comparison to both the Thunder and Heat. Westbrook/Harden and Wade/Bosh as sidekicks? Yeah.

He was only 22. The injuries and time he's been away have really warped peoples memory on how good Rose was. His ceiling was unknown and will remain that way possibly forever.
    Not sure you understood my post. 2011 Rose wasn't as good as the current versions of Durant and LeBron; and, quite frankly, he wasn't even all that close in my opinion. I mean he'd clearly be in the discussion for 3rd best player in the league, but like everyone else he also wouldn't be on the LeBron/Durant tier. That's not really a slight to Rose as much as it is a testament to how great LeBron and Durant are right now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

And that version of Rose isn't even remotely close to the current versions of Durant and LeBron, so what the hell makes you think even a rust free Rose, fresh off two major surgeries, is going to be that good or better?
    That version of Rose was NOWHERE CLOSE to Lebron or EVEN Durant AT THAT TIME. He had no business winning MVP on a team that won 62 games from their defense when out of the top 10 players in minutes he was the 2nd worst defender...after Kyle Korver. (which is obviously not saying much)

Banned

Didnt steph curry put up better numbers than prime Rose?

Not sure you understood my post. 2011 Rose wasn't as good as the current versions of Durant and LeBron; and, quite frankly, he wasn't even all that close in my opinion. I mean he'd clearly be in the discussion for 3rd best player in the league, but like everyone else he also wouldn't be on the LeBron/Durant tier. That's not really a slight to Rose as much as it is a testament to how great LeBron and Durant are right now.

I did misunderstand. word.

I still think he could be on that tier but obviously it's all in the past now.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    That version of Rose was NOWHERE CLOSE to Lebron or EVEN Durant AT THAT TIME. He had no business winning MVP on a team that won 62 games from their defense when out of the top 10 players in minutes he was the 2nd worst defender...after Kyle Korver. (which is obviously not saying much)

He shit on all the other elite PG's in the league that year head to head. Go look it up.

I can tell you're a hater because you gave him ZERO props.

He clearly had all the business in the world winning that MVP. Best player on team with best record. Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Didnt steph curry put up better numbers than prime Rose?

I didn't know stats told the whole story. Go switch to another alt now.

25/7.7/4 on a 62 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzinmymouth
    derp rose will be better than LeBron and KD derp derp

I don't sit on this board and proclaim his greatness or spit out exaggerated shit.

The fact that he is talked about so much on this site shows how much of a beast he was. If he wasn't a such a superstar, people wouldn't be talking about him but he has expectations of GREATNESS still to this day because of what he showed in his first 3 years.

Until this upcoming season starts, who the hell knows what will happen.

In the meantime Ill defend my guy because the NBA was much better with him playing at elite levels.
    Last edited by Dengness9; 09-09-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Banned

If Prime Rose shot 6% against LeBron what chance does rusty, no bball for 2 years Rose have?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    If Prime Rose shot 6% against LeBron what chance does rusty, no bball for 2 years Rose have?

The 6% thing actually is just another post that screams just how little you understand about basketball in general. Like all your other posts.

A 22 year old as the single All-Star on his team taking on a historically stacked team with 2 Super Stars and another ALL Star all in their primes was suppose to win? right……

And Rose never shot 6% in any stretch against Lebron James. Against the Miami Heat maybe, because it's a team game. But you wouldn't know because you don't follow a team, only front run a player.

Derrick Rose was getting doubled and tripled every game. You might not of even watched though.

Banned

[QUOTE=Dengness9]The 6% thing actually is just another post that screams just how little you understand about basketball in general. Like all your other posts.

A 22 year old as the single All-Star on his team taking on a historically stacked team with 2 Super Stars and another ALL Star all in their primes was suppose to win? right