Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Pacers trade O'Neal to Raptors for Ford, Nesterovic, 17th pick

Quote Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
    A clearer perspective than much of the ra-ra cheerleading.

Dave Feschuk http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/449551

"... These are desperate times for the local hoopsters... adding O'Neal might help the .500 squad make an incremental improvement this coming season, his arrival in Toronto marks a step backward for a once up-and-coming club."

"Thirty in October, Jermaine might be better known as Jer-pain or Jer-moan for his alarming history of injury and gimme-the-ball immaturity. But Colangelo's suddenly not-so-young Raptors weren't exactly dealing from strength...."

"...(O'Neil's) health is a bigger question mark than Ford's, and he's a worse teammate than Nesterovic with, recent returns suggest, only marginally better stats. Even if he's better than that, remember Colangelo's vision of the Euro-tinged, 100-shots-a-night Raptors? Now they'll indulge O'Neal's painfully deliberate, averse-to-contact post game. If you thought Ford was a chemistry problem, wait until Jer-mine goes without his touches."
    You quoted the most cynical writer that follows the Raptors.

Just remember he's probably constipated when he's writing that.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

That Dave Feschuk fella must be the Canadian Bob Kravitz.

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    You quoted the most cynical writer that follows the Raptors.

Just remember he's probably constipated when he's writing that.
    You gotta admit, there is a lot of truthiness there.

On a completed unrelated but totally on point issue:

If the Celtics can win the championship with a PG like Rondo, it seriously changes my perspective on how important the PG position is. And its not as if the Celtic 3 were all awesome every night during the playoffs. KG, Allen had streches of severly below-averagisity (TM).

Maybe Rap fans should dump both PGs for stars and just put Delfino out there. Forbid him to shoot and how is he not exactly like Rondo?

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

LMAO Mike Miller ****s on Bargnani. Its time for Raps fans to face it that unless someone brutally murders one of his family members in front of him hes never gonna get tough. Maybe thats a bit harsh but he will never be **** in the NBA. FACE IT!

NBA Superstar

If the Celtics can win the championship with a PG like Rondo, it seriously changes my perspective on how important the PG position is. And its not as if the Celtic 3 were all awesome every night during the playoffs. KG, Allen had streches of severly below-averagisity (TM).

Maybe Rap fans should dump both PGs for stars and just put Delfino out there. Forbid him to shoot and how is he not exactly like Rondo?
    Not only Rondo, but House and an old fart in Cassell coming off the bench.

But having a top top 6 pg is important. If you replace Ray Allen with say Deron Williams, they're that much better.

In Toronto's case, you'd rather swap a good backup pg for a good starting forward. There are backup pg's out there that can step up and while not equal Ford, contribute solidly. I referenced Pargo a day or two ago.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Delfino starting at PG lol. No way. Rondo is good. Really good on D.

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by i seen hippos
    Not only Rondo, but House and an old fart in Cassell coming off the bench.

But having a top top 6 pg is important. If you replace Ray Allen with say Deron Williams, they're that much better.

In Toronto's case, you'd rather swap a good backup pg for a good starting forward. There are backup pg's out there that can step up and while not equal Ford, contribute solidly. I referenced Pargo a day or two ago.
    Cassell, true they played him and he was ok.

But come on - the C's won with RONDO and HOUSE!

Maybe the Raps should trade Calderon + their future + soul ... for some star winger. IF the C's can assemble a big three, why not the everyone else? Get Wade or Arenas or someting. I hear Kobe is good too, though his quality is somewhat debated on ISH. ...

Default Re: O'Neal-Ford deal looks legit...

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    An O'Neal / Bosh front court would be scary in the East.
    "in the east"

Bosh + healthy O'neal could very well be the best big man duo in the L.

DBDs

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Delfino starting at PG lol. No way. Rondo is good. Really good on D.
    So is delfino, hence the comparison.

Great college starter craigthomasb's Avatar

i hope to god this isnt all we come out of the draft with

good from team with bright future to 1st / 2nd round failure for the nest 3 years (not much different to where we currently are)

the only other option is bc to trade bargnani for good 3 and go for broke now rather than wait

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by craigthomasb
    i hope to god this isnt all we come out of the draft with

good from team with bright future to 1st / 2nd round failure for the nest 3 years (not much different to where we currently are)

the only other option is bc to trade bargnani for good 3 and go for broke now rather than wait
    Supposedly BC is trying to get a pick later in the first round, which I'm really happy about. Draft a big like Hardin or Hendrix or take a guard like Lee who could turn out to be special.

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

The fact that the Celtics won with Rondo...a second year player, should only speak to the fact that Rondo is a good PG. I dont remember a PG doing that since Magic in his rookie year. Maybe we're underrating Rondo.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Hardin is who I want if he falls to the 41 pick.

A clearer perspective than much of the ra-ra cheerleading.

Dave Feschuk http://www.thestar.com/Sports/NBA/article/449551

"... These are desperate times for the local hoopsters... adding O'Neal might help the .500 squad make an incremental improvement this coming season, his arrival in Toronto marks a step backward for a once up-and-coming club."

"Thirty in October, Jermaine might be better known as Jer-pain or Jer-moan for his alarming history of injury and gimme-the-ball immaturity. But Colangelo's suddenly not-so-young Raptors weren't exactly dealing from strength...."

"...(O'Neil's) health is a bigger question mark than Ford's, and he's a worse teammate than Nesterovic with, recent returns suggest, only marginally better stats. Even if he's better than that, remember Colangelo's vision of the Euro-tinged, 100-shots-a-night Raptors? Now they'll indulge O'Neal's painfully deliberate, averse-to-contact post game. If you thought Ford was a chemistry problem, wait until Jer-mine goes without his touches."

Feschuk is one of the few Toronto media guys that see's things objectively.

I was listening to Eric Smith, and Paul Jones praising this trade on the radio last night, and I was just shaking my head.

It is starting to look like BC is not genius everyone made him out to be.

This could turn out to be a great trade, and Feschuk, and many others, including myself, could end up eating our words. The silver lining at the end of this trade is the cap space that will be available in 2010.
    Last edited by Kujo; 06-26-2008 at 12:41 PM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo

Feschuk is one of the few Toronto media guys that see's things objectively.

I was listening to Eric Smith, and Paul Jones praising this trade on the radio last night, and I was just shaking my head.
    Your Colts avatar and Toronto location are very confusing.