Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 09-11-2009, 05:36 AM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Richardson back, eager to "move on"

Quote:
Jason Richardson joined the Suns' voluntary workouts Thursday but he doesn't necessarily share his teammates' eagerness for the Oct. 28 regular-season opener.

The NBA suspended Richardson for the first two games because he pleaded guilty this summer to a December driving under the influence charge, which came in his second week with the Suns.

"That's what comes with the consequences of what I've done," he said of the suspension. "After these two games, I put this behind me, learn from my mistakes and move on with my life and career."

Two in-season driving arrests ultimately will cost Richardson $353,535 in salary, including the one-game suspension the Suns gave him in February after an arrest for criminal speeding and endangerment. His DUI sentence included three years' probation and a day in jail.

"It's tough," he said of jail. "Never want to do that again."

Richardson appeared to be in great shape during the Suns' full-court games, which began this week with all Suns making an appearance, except for guards Leandro Barbosa and Goran Dragic due to their national team duties.

Richardson said he feels more settled in Phoenix after experiencing his first midseason trade. He said Shaquille O'Neal will be missed for his play and character but that returning to an up-tempo system will benefit everyone. He plans to be more aggressive, saying he worried about taking too many shots last season.

"They expect me to come in and be a big factor," he said. "Be more of a threat, not only on the offensive end but definitely on the defensive end."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns...0spt-suns.html
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: