Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Anyone used Uber?

We're going out to see "Straight Outta Compton" (Advanced Screening) and was thinking about giving it a shot. The few online reviews are inconsistent. Is it worth it?

Default Re: Anyone used Uber?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    We're going out to see "Straight Outta Compton" (Advanced Screening) and was thinking about giving it a shot. The few online reviews are inconsistent. Is it worth it?
    It's a good service for the most part. Never really had a bad experience. And I've used uber late night and late-late night. Definitely worth it if you will be drinking. It's only slightly cheaper than a taxi tho.

I have used it over 10 times and I never had an issue. I prefer it to taxi's because for one most drivers have to keep a certain rating to work for uber, there are no surprise fees, I can see when the uber driver is coming on the GPS, much easer to communicate directly with the driver they have your number and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Uber is the craigslist of taxi service.

Be sure that your bum is clean encase the driver is a top.
    Most of the drivers have clean cars. To be honest the service is better on uber compared to taxis.

NBA Legend

Uber is one of the GOAT things invented in recent years OP, where da fuq you been???

Lower fares. Nicer cars. Safer drivers. AND they dont smell like rancid BO.

Its WAY better than taxi service. And you get picked up within minutes of pressing a button. Not calling some dispatcher and waiting 20 minutes for some sketchball to show up.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Uber is one of the GOAT things invented in recent years OP, where da fuq you been???

Lower fares. Nicer cars. Safer drivers. AND they dont smell like rancid BO.

Its WAY better than taxi service. And you get picked up within minutes of pressing a button. Not calling some dispatcher and waiting 20 minutes for some sketchball to show up.
    I got multiple chicks who take me where I need to go mostly...

NBA lottery pick

Uber really is the best.

Just know where you're going. Some drivers will drive around and run up your fare just like some taxi drivers. That happened to me the other day but luckily for me it was on the company uber account

NBA Legend

I got multiple chicks who take me where I need to go mostly...

Pics or lying

I use Uber every time I go downtown. Drinking and driving ain't worth it.

Plus if you sign up using a friend's referral code, your first ride is like $15 off (so technically free for a short trip).

Used to be that way, not sure if it still is.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Most of the drivers have clean cars. To be honest the service is better on uber compared to taxis.
    Thats why taxi drivers are blocking highways.

Uber drivers are cheaper (sometimes), have nicer cars, speak english, dont smell like shit, and are more friendly (when you want them to be).

They're taking all the business from taxi drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Thats why taxi drivers are blocking highways.

Uber drivers are cheaper (sometimes), have nicer cars, speak english, dont smell like shit, and are more friendly (when you want them to be).

They're taking all the business from taxi drivers.
    Let the taxi drivers bitch, their fate is inevitable to companies like uber that can provide a better service at a much more reasonable rate.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Let the taxi drivers bitch, their fate is inevitable to companies like uber that can provide a better service at a much more reasonable rate.
    Yep. They're a dying breed.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Uber is amazing. cheap rides that come to your door in minutes. no cash involved, and you can even split fares with your friends.

Though, it has become an excuse for me to get fvcked up every weekend and go out, since i dont have to think twice about driving anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    My buddy works for uber in the claims department where people send complaints of sexual assault, rape, physical abuse, shit like that. He told me at least 90% of these claims come from Chicago and Boston. If you're not in those cities, you are good lol
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    My buddy works for uber in the claims department where people send complaints of sexual assault, rape, physical abuse, shit like that. He told me at least 90% of these claims come from Chicago and Boston. If you're not in those cities, you are good lol
    The complaints are against the drivers? Or the drivers complaining about the passengers?

Atleast Uber has a department to handle these matters and drivers are rated and reviewed. It's not a perfect system but much better than the taxi drivers have to offer.